1123 users online (206 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nancy's Butterfly Fund announced

Friends of Cary murder victim Nancy Cooper announce the creation of Nancy’s Butterfly Fund, a fund that will provide financial assistance to women and their children leaving abusive relationships.

More at: http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/2009...ounced_19.html

Bless Nancy's friends and family for keeping her story alive and using it as a catalyst to save others who may be in the same situation.

JMHO
    fran

LifeTime Fitness Event June 13th

For those of you who are local to the Raleigh/Cary/Chapel Hill area and would like to attend the event at Lifetime Fitness on the evening of July 13, please contact me and I can arrange to get you tickets. Just click on my username and send me an email.

I'm volunteering for the Fund and have an opportunity to pre-order tickets now.

The ticket price is $30 per person. The event is black-tie optional. There will be drinks, hors d' oeuvres, a silent auction, live music, and all proceeds will benefit the Butterfly Fund/Interact organization.

It's a great cause and your ticket price (and any donation you make) is tax deductible!

Here's the poster for the Gala on June 13th.

Here's the poster for the Family Fun Run commemorating the 1st anniversary of NC's death:

And the trifold flyer (1st page) for the Fun Run

I'll be attending both events and I hope to see some WS'ers there! All proceeds support Interact programs to help domestic abuse victims and their children. Tickets are tax deductible!

I know many wished there was something they could do to help as this case unfolded. Well, here's an excellent/positive way to help!

Thanks for posting the flyers SG. I did go read at the websites. Good to see that Nancy continues to help others, glad to see how many cared for her and are making the effort to make a difference to others through her name.

The Gala is tonight and it's SOLD OUT! 400 people will be attending. There will be over 100 items available through a silent auction. That's phenomenal for a first time event. All proceeds going to help a very good cause!

Notes From the Gala

Well the Gala was lovely. The decorations and flowers and music and food, everything was top-notch and you could tell a lot of effort had gone into planning and executing this event.

It was hot and humid out, but at least there was no rain. I think most of the silent auction items sold; that plus a sold out venue should net good proceeds for NBF/Interact domestic violence prevention and support programs!

The Rentz and Lister families were there and they are gracious, kind and lovely. They said they feel the support from the community as well as the unending love and support from Nancy's friends, and are very grateful. I'll tell you this: you could not ask for a better tribute to a loved-one than the work and dedication Nancy's friends have put into the Butterfly Fund and the Gala. We should all have such dedicated people in our lives!

Interact had several folks there including their Exec Director and even a couple board members. Their Exec. Director said some remarks and mentioned that Interact served over 30,000 clients last year! That's in Wake County alone! DV is a big problem.

The next Butterfly event is the 1.8mi Family 'Fun Run' on July 11th at Koka Booth/Symphony Lake. I will be there (walking, not running), and I encourage all of you who are in the area to participate if you can.

Registration is $25 for individuals and $40 for families. The registration fee and/or any donation you make to Interact/NBF is TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Some of you may have employers who do 1:1 matches for nonprofit contributions--my employer does, so check to see if yours does too. It's such a worthy cause.

Hugs to all.

Any idea how much money they raised?

The news report I saw the day before the Gala mentioned over $20K had been raised and that was before counting all the proceeds from the Gala and silent auction, etc. I imagine some kind of press release or news item will come out at some point once the numbers have been tallied.

The group originally hoped to raise $10K and that was (obviously) exceeded early on. Remember, this is the first event the group held and they had a sold out event right out of the gate! That's pretty incredible when you think about it, as it can sometimes take a couple years to get full capacity at events.

Can't wait to see the turnout for the Fun Run!

Exclamation 5K Walk and Run, BBQ July 12, 2009

Hi everyone.

For posters local to the Edmonton and Sherwood Park, Alberta area, there is a 5K Walk and Run on Sunday, July 12, 2009 at Gold Bar Park. It starts at 8:00 am and there will be a BBQ afterwards. You can go to www.nancysbutterflyfund.org and click on Edmonton Events for more information. You can register for the race at www.runningroom.com.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

I think I'm going to do the run here in Edmonton. I've got a couple of friends interested too, we just need to register now. It's for such a good cause!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/st...undraiser.html

Local coverage

Yu'll have to go to the link to see the logo.

The logo for Nancy's Butterfly Fund was designed by her two daughters.The logo for Nancy's Butterfly Fund was designed by her two daughters. (Nancy's Butterfly Fund)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast