Nancy's Butterfly Fund announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless Nancy's friends and family for keeping her story alive and using it as a catalyst to save others who may be in the same situation.

JMHO
fran

For those of you who are local to the Raleigh/Cary/Chapel Hill area and would like to attend the event at Lifetime Fitness on the evening of July 13, please contact me and I can arrange to get you tickets. Just click on my username and send me an email.

I'm volunteering for the Fund and have an opportunity to pre-order tickets now.

The ticket price is $30 per person. The event is black-tie optional. There will be drinks, hors d' oeuvres, a silent auction, live music, and all proceeds will benefit the Butterfly Fund/Interact organization.

It's a great cause and your ticket price (and any donation you make) is tax deductible!

Here's the poster for the Gala on June 13th.

2r6gri0.jpg

Here's the poster for the Family Fun Run commemorating the 1st anniversary of NC's death:

25tkoc4.jpg

I'll be attending both events and I hope to see some WS'ers there! All proceeds support Interact programs to help domestic abuse victims and their children. Tickets are tax deductible!

I know many wished there was something they could do to help as this case unfolded. Well, here's an excellent/positive way to help!

Thanks for posting the flyers SG. I did go read at the websites. Good to see that Nancy continues to help others, glad to see how many cared for her and are making the effort to make a difference to others through her name.

The Gala is tonight and it's SOLD OUT! 400 people will be attending. There will be over 100 items available through a silent auction. That's phenomenal for a first time event. All proceeds going to help a very good cause!

Well the Gala was lovely. The decorations and flowers and music and food, everything was top-notch and you could tell a lot of effort had gone into planning and executing this event.

It was hot and humid out, but at least there was no rain. I think most of the silent auction items sold; that plus a sold out venue should net good proceeds for NBF/Interact domestic violence prevention and support programs!

The Rentz and Lister families were there and they are gracious, kind and lovely. They said they feel the support from the community as well as the unending love and support from Nancy's friends, and are very grateful. I'll tell you this: you could not ask for a better tribute to a loved-one than the work and dedication Nancy's friends have put into the Butterfly Fund and the Gala. We should all have such dedicated people in our lives!

Interact had several folks there including their Exec Director and even a couple board members. Their Exec. Director said some remarks and mentioned that Interact served over 30,000 clients last year! That's in Wake County alone! DV is a big problem.

The next Butterfly event is the 1.8mi Family 'Fun Run' on July 11th at Koka Booth/Symphony Lake. I will be there (walking, not running), and I encourage all of you who are in the area to participate if you can.

Registration is $25 for individuals and $40 for families. The registration fee and/or any donation you make to Interact/NBF is TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Some of you may have employers who do 1:1 matches for nonprofit contributions--my employer does, so check to see if yours does too. It's such a worthy cause.

Hugs to all.

Any idea how much money they raised?

The news report I saw the day before the Gala mentioned over $20K had been raised and that was before counting all the proceeds from the Gala and silent auction, etc. I imagine some kind of press release or news item will come out at some point once the numbers have been tallied.

The group originally hoped to raise $10K and that was (obviously) exceeded early on. Remember, this is the first event the group held and they had a sold out event right out of the gate! That's pretty incredible when you think about it, as it can sometimes take a couple years to get full capacity at events.

Can't wait to see the turnout for the Fun Run!

Hi everyone.

For posters local to the Edmonton and Sherwood Park, Alberta area, there is a 5K Walk and Run on Sunday, July 12, 2009 at Gold Bar Park. It starts at 8:00 am and there will be a BBQ afterwards. You can go to www.nancysbutterflyfund.org and click on Edmonton Events for more information. You can register for the race at www.runningroom.com.

I think I'm going to do the run here in Edmonton. I've got a couple of friends interested too, we just need to register now. It's for such a good cause!

Last night on one of our major news stations, Global news, Nancy's brother and sister were on to talk about Nancy's fund. The station did a live auction from 5 pm to about 7 pm for a ride-along on Hawk-1, the city police helicopter. The ride along sold for $5500 and the second place bidder, I think he was around $4000 or maybe a bit more, worked out a deal with the Global station for a ride along in their news helicopter and donated that ride along to the Make a Wish foundation. So in under 2 hours last night, they raised about $9500 for Nancy's Butterfly Fund. :clap:

Well, the FunRun is tomorrow. It will be one year. I won't be going, as heat and crowds are too much for me. I will watch via the media and hear from neighbors, as well as on WS.

RKAB, I have given the item that I mentioned to you in my PM, to someone who will give it to the family at the Fun Run. Thanks for putting up with me.

I feel Nancy's spirit tonight. I met one of her closest friends tonight. The meeting wasn't planned, so very ironic that we would meet tonight, the anniversary of the "Party Night" of a year ago. That person is one whom I think to be one of the nicest people on the planet. "Nice" isn't the most descriptive word, but will have to do for now. That is all I have to say.

FYI...I was at the Fun Run this morning volunteering. There was a nice turnout and there were lots of kids participating. I (finally) saw the granite bench that was installed commemorating Nancy--it's lovely and in a very peaceful spot. Krista was there and ran the course.

For those who are local, News14 was doing interviews, and ChrisC (NBC) was there as well, so look for coverage sometime this afternoon (and online).

This is a sad day for Nancy's friends and family, as it is the 1st anniversary of her murder. Please say a prayer or two if you feel inclined.

Oh and I forgot to mention that approximately $50K has been raised by the Cary arm of NBF!! That's in 3 months time. That's not counting any funds raised in Canada. What an amazing result for a first year effort.

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Nancy left her family.

So sad. It truly makes me weep. Such an unnecessary tragedy. So many lives ruined and a beautiful soul taken way before her time. :(

Bless her family.

fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members