1122 users online (232 members and 890 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141

    Regarding Jane Tanner and her many versions...


    I thought this was such a interesting article that it deserved its own thread

    http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.bl...ert-murat.html

    You seriously could not make this crap up. She was being asked to help the Pjs/inspectors and she thought she was being kidnapped?? Wow what a imagination she has - as her many stories show IMO

    And the scary thing is..she is the only one who even supposedly saw a abductor...apart from Smith possibly.
    Last edited by Isabella; 04-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  2. #2
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Respectfully snipped...
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

    http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.bl...ert-murat.html

    You ou seriously could not make this crap up.
    Paulo Reis can.

    Check out the real thing! Her actual statement in the final report.

    And regarding the PJ's efit of egg man....
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment...6908-20685928/

    There are few who will comprehend why they failed to publicise two highly detailed - and strikingly similar - efit pictures of possible suspects.
    The efits were available to them just three days after Madeleine went missing on May 3 last year.
    An English tourist remembers a man watching the McCann flat.
    A second Briton provided data for a second efit after spotting a suspicious man in the area in the days before Madeleine disappeared.
    Instead of using these efits to secure worldwide attention, the inquiry team issued a ridiculous drawing of the rear view of an egg-shaped head with hair. Why?
    Because they didn't want to put out the images of the suspects the two Brits described because of secrecy laws and the fear of prejudicing further investigations.

    It beggars belief that the police could even consider that the privacy of an unknown person, who might just be a dangerous child abductor, takes precedence over the life of a missing child.

    If that's the attitude which prevails in Portugal it's amazing they catch any criminals at all.

    .....Madeleine McCann.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by april4sky View Post
    Respectfully snipped...Paulo Reis can.

    Check out the real thing! Her actual statement in the final report.

    And regarding the PJ's efit of egg man....
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment...6908-20685928/

    There are few who will comprehend why they failed to publicise two highly detailed - and strikingly similar - efit pictures of possible suspects.
    The efits were available to them just three days after Madeleine went missing on May 3 last year.
    An English tourist remembers a man watching the McCann flat.
    A second Briton provided data for a second efit after spotting a suspicious man in the area in the days before Madeleine disappeared.
    Instead of using these efits to secure worldwide attention, the inquiry team issued a ridiculous drawing of the rear view of an egg-shaped head with hair. Why?
    Because they didn't want to put out the images of the suspects the two Brits described because of secrecy laws and the fear of prejudicing further investigations.

    It beggars belief that the police could even consider that the privacy of an unknown person, who might just be a dangerous child abductor, takes precedence over the life of a missing child.

    If that's the attitude which prevails in Portugal it's amazing they catch any criminals at all.

    No disrespect but Reis has followed the case m uch closer then the press at the link you posted..

    Jane Tanner to me comes across as quite loony - and i think not only should she be prosecuted for wasting the pjs time she should get fined for trying to put the blame onto Murat.

    There actions are shocking
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  4. #4
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Respectfully snipped....
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    No disrespect but Reis has followed the case m uch closer then the press at the link you posted..
    Paulo Reis didn't make Jane Tanners statements Isabella.

    So the same applies........

    Check out the real thing for yourself! Her actual statement in the final report.

    .....Madeleine McCann.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by april4sky View Post
    Respectfully snipped....Paulo Reis didn't make Jane Tanners statements Isabella.

    So the same applies........

    Check out the real thing for yourself! Her actual statement in the final report.

    And your point is? She comes across as totally unbelievable and making it up as she goes along.

    Maybe they should have made her a arguido too.

    JMO
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Jane Tanner is not a credible witness. The reasons for her changing accounts could be many--but the net effect is, her account has changed.

    And for an eye witness acount, changing the details so significantly is fatal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Jane Tanner is not a credible witness. The reasons for her changing accounts could be many--but the net effect is, her account has changed.

    And for an eye witness acount, changing the details so significantly is fatal.
    The funny thing is the McCanns supporters say her account has never changed..which kinda makes you believe they would believe her whatever she came out with.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  8. #8
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    And your point is? She comes across as totally unbelievable and making it up as she goes along.

    Maybe they should have made her a arguido too.

    JMO
    I think you are mixing up your "opinions" with the facts again!

    .....Madeleine McCann.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by april4sky View Post
    I think you are mixing up your "opinions" with the facts again!
    Belief in anyone is always a matter of opinion.

    And since Jane's account that night is not verified in any way by another person or other evidence, her account can not be considered factual.

    It may be true, but it cannot be considered a fact.

    An opinion may be true, but it cannot be proven.

    Hence, your belief in God is opinion. Etc, etc.

    Those aren't my standards, those are the accepted standards for teaching fact/opinion in reading for the U.S. Of course, Great Britain may be different, but I frequently use material from the U.K, and it has always been very much in line with our curriculum. (except of course for the darn spelling of color, practice, theater, etc.)


  10. #10
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Respectfully snipped....
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Belief in anyone is always a matter of opinion.
    It may be true, but it cannot be considered a fact.
    An opinion may be true, but it cannot be proven.
    Hence, your belief in God is opinion. Etc, etc.
    Which is why it's important when someone posts accusations without proof they should also make it clear it's only in "fact" their "opinion."

    .....Madeleine McCann.....


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by april4sky View Post
    Respectfully snipped....
    Which is why it's important when someone posts accusations without proof they should also make it clear it's only in "fact" their "opinion."
    Isn't it obvious that everyone's post here is opinion only?

    You can't prove that the McCanns weren't involved, so you're right in the Opinion Boat with the rest of us.

    Please, it will get very tiresome if we all state "And this of course is my opinion only, since it can't be proven as yet, and may very well turn out to true, but as of now, can only be stated as opinion."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    jane Tanner has never changed her story. the only discrepancy was that the PJ released the height in cm (she gave it in feet and inches, metric is used officially in the UK, but a normal person would usually use imperial in everyday life) and got the conversion wrong.
    her account also matches that of the smiths, and neither knew of each other.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    jane Tanner has never changed her story. the only discrepancy was that the PJ released the height in cm (she gave it in feet and inches, metric is used officially in the UK, but a normal person would usually use imperial in everyday life) and got the conversion wrong.
    her account also matches that of the smiths, and neither knew of each other.
    The real questions raised by Jane Tanners story are -

    How she walked straight past Gerry and Jeremy Wilkins, in a narrow deserted street, and neither of them saw her;

    How she also claims she saw a child being carried away, in the same street, that neither Gerry nor Jeremy saw;

    How the description of the person carrying the child (and indeed the child itself) evolved over time to fit the description of Madeline and a vague abductor';

    How she DIDN'T RECOGNISE MADELINE BEING ABDUCTED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER EYES until much, much later.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    jane Tanner has never changed her story. the only discrepancy was that the PJ released the height in cm (she gave it in feet and inches, metric is used officially in the UK, but a normal person would usually use imperial in everyday life) and got the conversion wrong.
    her account also matches that of the smiths, and neither knew of each other.
    No not all. the smiths saw a caucasian man with short hair, tanner said she saw a swarthy dark skinned man with long hair so no match whatsoever

    If it was the same man withmadeleine what was he doing strolling around the resort for 45 minutes, pathetic

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    Tanner's first mention of the "abductor" was to a GNR Officer, who were the first LE on the scene at 11pm.

    He says


    After the search of the interior, his colleague went to check the area around the apartments and the Tapas Bar, while the witness remained next the apartment, just outside it. At that moment a female individual, he does not know whether she was a member of the group of friends, who was in the neighbouring apartment, said that she saw an individual carrying a child, running, and that because of the pyjamas she was wearing it could have been Madeleine. It was in these circumstances that abduction began to be talked about. He made a report about this situation and sent it to the police.

    This sighting did not seem to him to be very credible, because when he asked her about the physical characteristics of the individual, she said it was very dark, however she saw the pyjamas clearly.

    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id258.html

    Tanner's second version, statement taken 4 May 2007 -

    ( * ) Dark skinned individual, male sex, aged between 35 – 40, slim physical appearance, about 1.70m tall. Very dark, thick hair, longer at the back (she could only see him from behind). He was wearing linen type cloth trousers, beige to golden in colour, a "duffy" sic type jacket (but not that thick). His shoes were dark in colour, classic type. He had a hurried walk. He was carrying a child, who was lying on both his arms, in front of his chest. By the way he was dressed, he gave her the impression that he was not a tourist, because he was very "warmly dressed".

    (**) About the child whom appeared to be sleeping, she only saw her legs. The child appeared to be older than a baby. She was barefoot and was wearing what appeared to be cotton pyjamas of a light colour (possibly white or light pink). She is not certain, but has the impression a design on the pyjamas, possibly a floral pattern, but she is not certain.

    As regards these details, she does not know what Madeleine was wearing at the moment of her disappearance, because she did not talk to anyone about this. As she concerns the man she saw, she only spoke to Gerald about this, not entering into details, and to the police.


    She did not mention it to Kate, and Gerry did not ask for details of her alleged sighting.

    How did Kate not know, when the "sighting" appeared on a timeline prepared by her and Gerry and Russell O'Brien at around midnight?

    Then, by 10 May, we have this -


    Subsequently, she had no doubts that it could have been Madeleine Beth McCann because, through conversations with Fiona Payne in which [Fiona Payne] described the pyjamas that Madeleine Beth McCann had worn that night, which coincided with those she had seen. Questioned why she had not commented to Kate Healy what she had seen that night, namely that she had seen a male individual who carried a child with pink pyjamas, she relates that she always avoided making this comment to the McCanns so as not to torture them more in their suffering.

    Ok so now we're back to Kate not knowing, nor Gerry!.

    Yet, they put it on their timeline. How odd.




    Later, Gerry gets in on elaborating on the "abductor" -

    BBC Cimewatch appeal - 05 June 2007

    Gerry says the 'suspect' was 'probably carrying a child' and was 'Approximately 35 years of age, approximately 1 metre 75. There's a little bit of discrepancy, I think mainly in conversion, I think initial descriptions said 1.70, but went into 5ft 10in. So, I think you can assume round about 5ft 8, 5ft 9, something like that. He had dark hair, parted to one side, slightly longer at the back. And he was wearing a dark jacket, slightly longer than a suit jacket and light coloured trousers which may have been beige or mustard coloured and dark shoes.'


    Now we have a hair do and some mustard coloured trousers...

    The first sketch is released by the McCann via Gerry's blog, facilitated by their "detective agency", Metodo 3 (in fact ALL of the sketches originate with the McCann) -


    Gerry's blog - Release of the artist's impression, 26 October 2007

    Referring to Metodo 3:

    'They have also released a sketch of an eyewitness who saw a man carrying a small child away from near the apartment on the night Madeleine disappeared. We believe this child was Madeleine. The Portuguese police have released the description of the man previously: he is 35-40 years old, approximately 5ft 8in - 5ft 10in (1.72-1.78m), Caucasian with southern European/Mediterranean appearance, slim build with dark hair.'


    Now we have a build and a racial appearance produced from the ether...!

    Back to Tanner, interviewed who also can't stop elaborating -



    Jane Tanner - Panorama documentary, 'The Mystery of Madeleine McCann', 19 November 2007

    Excerpts from transcript:

    JT: He was about probably 5'8 tall, he was taller than me but not 6' and so between those two. He was wearing quite a lot of clothes and that's one thing in hindsight again I think was quite odd because tourists when they're abroad, Brits abroad would always have cropped trousers or shorts or something, and he had a sort of a big heavy jacket and trousers on, and hair.. the one thing that I remember a lot is the hair. He did seem to have quite a lot of dark, reasonably-long-to-the-neck hair.

    RB: Describe exactly what he's carrying, what you can see.

    JT: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I could see the feet and... feet and the bottom of the pyjamas, and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.

    RB: And could you tell if it was a boy or a girl?

    JT: Only because the pyjamas had a pinky aspect to them so you presume a girl.



    Now this handsome devil has acquired extra layers of clothing, and long, noticeable hair.

    On 20 Nov 2007 Tanner gives yet another interview, this time an "exclusive" to the Sun Newspaper, and although is careful not to describe the abductor, gives us a dribble more on "Madeleine" and why she didn't tell Kate about the sighting -


    It was while Jane was there that Maddie’s mum Kate, 39, went to see her children at around 10.05pm – and found the girl missing.

    sbm

    She said: "I saw all our friends outside shouting. I opened the door and one, Rachael, shouted at me, 'Madeleine’ s gone!' As soon as she said that the image of that man carrying the child came into my head and I felt physically sick. A feeling of complete horror washed over me."

    Minutes later Jane saw Kate. Close to tears, Jane admitted she could not bear to tell her about the man. She said: "At that time it seemed everyone thought Madeleine was hiding.

    I knew that if I told her about the man it would shatter that. I was also hoping desperately that I’d been wrong. Instead I took another friend, Fiona, to one side and told her.

    "Then, at around 11.15, two policemen arrived and I told them. Later CID arrived. They did this thing called a cognitive technique, where they put you back in the moment, and it was then that I remembered the pyjamas.

    "There were pink and white, they were what Madeleine was wearing. I just felt so awful, I felt I could have stopped this from happening. I think of that everyday.


    Now it was Fiona Tanner told, not Gerry.

    Which STILL doesn't explain how it ended up on the "timeline".

    The pajamas are now pink and white instead of a "pinkish aspect".




    By the time of Tanner's rogatory interview by LE on 8 April 2008, it had become thus -

    JT: But, I mean, I think... so the things that I'm happy; that are still in my head... that still stick in my head, is the hair and it was longer... it was sort of longish and, errm... I don't know how to (inaudible)... but each... each... almost the hair was long... the bits of hair were long, so it was long into the neck, you know, sort of in... when people have a number one or whatever at the back and it's shaved; not shaved up, but, you know, sort of layered up, this was more long into the neck, so sort of long, each... each individual hair was long, errm... and dark; it was sort of quite dark and glossy, that sticks in my head. And, sort of... the dark... dark clothes and quite billowy; not billowy clothes but quite baggy, sort of... they seemed, errm... not ill fitting but quite baggy clothes, like... not jeans, but trousers, sort of... not Chinos but not Farrahs either but sort of baggy'ish, sort of, ill fitting more than... And they're the bits that I remember quite vividly, sort of.

    4078: And what colours?

    JT: Dark colours, but again it was... I think, it was quite dark, so dark, sort of darkish jacket but then a more, a lighter trouser but a horrible colour, again this is, sort of a yellowy dark browny, horrible, but not, not a nice colour trousers, but then I wonder whether that was the lights making them look, making them look more of a sort of a mustard, it wasn’t mustard because that’s too bright, but it was just like a, as I say they weren’t nice, they weren’t the sort of clothes I’d expect somebody on a MARK WARNER holiday to, they was, I can’t think of the material, I tried to describe this before, but sort of a cottony material but baggy”.


    Now the "abductor" has got mustardy coloured trousers on too, per Gerry's description, and individual long hairs on his glossy head, but badly dressed and scruffy besides.

    No mention of his race.

    And on "Madeleine" -


    4078 “And when you noticed the detail was it in any colour?”

    Reply “I don’t, I didn’t know, I thought there was sort of a pink flowery bit on, bit on it, but, no, I mean, the actual frill itself or turn-up, as I thought it was, I couldn’t think of the colour, but I thought there was pink sort of flowery and sort of like liney bits on the bottom, so”.


    Now we have flowers and liney bits! Coincidentally, describing to a T the pajamas the McCann had displayed at one of their many pressers.

    If you compare the original description to the final one, it has clearly been embroidered. Tanner's apparent excitement at being the focus of so much media made her a teensy bit careless and we've ended up with a chinese whisper masquerading as fact.

    Also, if she had such a great description, why did it take the McCann 175 days to release the suspect sketch based on what Tanner allegedly saw?




    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id261.html#tap2
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Darlie's 16 versions
    By Pocono Sleuther in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 07:27 PM
  2. 16 Different Versions of Darlie's story
    By CW in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 09:40 AM
  3. How many different versions are there ?
    By JaneInOz in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 09:25 AM