NM NM - Arden Bogart, 18, Santa Fe, 11 Feb 1988

Gozer Jr

Reaction score
My third cousin, Arden Bogart Jr, who has been missing for nearly 20 years
www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bogart_arden.html

Details of Disappearance
Bogart, a native of Lima, Ohio, was traveling with a friend in February 1988. He was last seen on Interstate 25 between the New Mexico cities of Santa Fe and Pecos on February 11. He has never been heard from. Bogart disappeared under unknown circumstances. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance. Some agencies state that Bogart was last seen in Needles, California. Santa Fe police are investigating.

I would like to discuss, if anyone is intersted

Hi Gozer Jr. I'm sorry to hear about your missing relative.

Where were he and his friend headed? How were they travelling? Were the police helpful?

Do you have an idea about what might have happened?

I hope some policeman or detective is still trying to solve this one.

I live near Lima and saw an Arden Bogart Sr. listed in the phone book there. The missing guy's father, I assume? I would like to know more details on his case; all that I know I listed in his Charley Project casefile.

My third cousin, Arden Bogart Jr, who has been missing for nearly 20 years

www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bogart_arden.html

Details of Disappearance

Bogart, a native of Lima, Ohio, was traveling with a friend in February 1988. He was last seen on Interstate 25 between the New Mexico cities of Santa Fe and Pecos on February 11. He has never been heard from. Bogart disappeared under unknown circumstances. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance. Some agencies state that Bogart was last seen in Needles, California. Santa Fe police are investigating.

I thought these cases looked like possibilites. Can we discuss?
Case #1

This one really gets me every time
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/663umnv.html

I mean come on, compare the pictures

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/images/ABogart.jpg
Arden

and

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/663UMNV.jpg

the guy from that case.
They are both of a similar age, race, weight, hair color and glasses and were both located in relation to each other. The only difference is the eye color, but according to the unidentifed victim all they found were skeletal remains, so the eye color could be wrong.

Case 2
This one is more of a stretch:
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase183.html

The hair color, race and height all seem to be a match as well as the geographical location.

And no the police havent been very helpful (at least to me). I started making inquests in to this case last June. I emailed the Chief of Police in Santa Fe and recived this email in reply

Mr. Maxwell,

Lieutenant Gary Johnson from our Investigations Bureau is going to be the person who has the most knowledge about this investigation. I am going to refer your e-mail to him so that he can get back in touch with you. Unfortunately, we do not release any documents on cases that are still considered open, although he will be able to provide you with more information. Lt. Johnson can also be reached at (505) 955-5038 if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Chief Eric B. Johnson

Santa Fe Police Department

(505) 955-5010

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:20 PM
To: JOHNSON, ERIC B.
Subject: The disapearnce of Arden Bogart Jr.

Sir-

My name is Ryan Maxwell, and my father, Michael Maxwell, recently related to me the story of his cousin Arden Bogart Jr. (seen here on the website The Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1160dmnm.html) I am writing to ask what procedures I would have to go through in order to receive information such as the police report of his disappearnce, etc. I know very little about FOIA but I wasnt sure if thats what I should use or not. Any information pertaining to how I could receive any and all documents on my fathers cousin would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,

Ryan M. Maxwell

I have called, and emailed Lt. Johnson countless times and received no replys whatsoever. I do realize that this is a nearly 20 year old missing persons case and that he has alot of other things to do, but I think just once he could have returned a call or an email. It seems no matter when I call that the receptionist tells me he isnt at his desk. Any and all help and advice you guys could give me with my search is greatly appreciated, thank you. Dont let Arden be forgotten.

Ryan

Hi!! Sorry to hear yet another story of a missing loved one. I can't imagine...

My comment on your possible match is this...

If Arden still had the same glasses as in his photo and if they put the actual glasses they found with the John Doe, they don't match. I do admit, based on looks and stats, he looks like a possibility. Have you sent this to LE?

Was Arden a skier?

Who was he travelling with and where is this person now? Honestly, how do you just "lose" someone who is travelling with you.

What was their destination?

If Arden still had the same glasses as in his photo and if they put the actual glasses they found with the John Doe, they don't match. I do admit, based on looks and stats, he looks like a possibility. Have you sent this to LE?
I am in touch with a woman from the doe network who is talking to his LE (What does that stand for by the way thats been bugging me?) I havent mentioned it to her yet, because she is supposed to hear back any day now about what was in Arden's file, and I want to see what she can tell me first.

Was Arden a skier?
I honestly know nothing about him or his personality. I only discovered this case this past summer, and nobody in my family likes to talk about it, and it also doesnt help that almost all of his family (mother, father and siblings) have passed away)

Who was he travelling with and where is this person now? Honestly, how do you just "lose" someone who is travelling with you.
I don't know who he was travelling with, thats one of the things I'm hoping to learn from the LE, I do know this person did make it back to Arden's hometown of Lima alive though. And as far how he "lost" Arden, from what I understand, he and Arden had stopped in Santa Fe (or nearby) and went to a shopping mall, seperated, and agreed to meet at a later time, and Arden never showed up. I've also heard that it was a possibiltiy that Arden and this other person got into a fight and split up for awhile and never reconnected.

What was their destination?
Again, another missing piece in the puzzle. I'm just going crazy waiting to hear something from the Doe Network. I'll keep you guys posted!!

Interesting story. My guess is finding this "friend" and getting LE to talk to him/her again may really shed some light.

LE = Law Enforcement. It took me a while to get that one too. I probably asked as well.

Wow, I cant belive I didnt catch the meaning on LE, it seems so obvious now!!:D

Hi Ryan,

Have you contacted the Doe Network to see if the unidentified that you noticed have been investigated as possible matches? If not, you might want to start there.

As far as getting the police to respond to you, I would e-mail or call that chief of police again and see what he says this time. Let me know his response, and I will follow up with an e-mail also. Maybe if we get a little game of e-mail tag going with him or the good Lieutenant, you will get the information you need to proceed. Like you said, I'm sure he has other cases, but to not respond one single time in 8 months is a bit negligent.

Let me know, and I'll be happy to try to help in any way I can.

Barb

My third cousin, Arden Bogart Jr dissapeared in Feb. of 1988 from Santa Fe, NM. I once had the police report read to me over the phone, but I would like an actual physical copy of any all records and files pertaining to the case because I am trying to launch an independant investigation with the help of a Private Investigator.. I spoke to someone in the police records and they said that if I were to submit a FOIA request, all I would be able to receive would be the same generic records that any member of the public could get, but if I were to submit a subpoena, I would be able to get any and all records pertaining to his case. She directed me to the website for the New Mexico State Law Libray's form website (http://fscll.org/distciv.htm) where I found the form called "subpoena for production and inspection". This looks like the form I need, but I am not a lawyer by any stretch of the imagination. Please tell me If I am even headed in the right direction. Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Next time I go to Santa Fe I will check the public archives and see what if I can find any information on Arden's disappearance.

I'm praying for Arden's safe return

I lived in Santa Fe from 1983 till 1994, and I do not remember there being many crimes against strangers. I do not know the official statistics, however from my experience living there I would tend to believe that if AB met with foul play it was from someone he was aquainted with.

It would be nice to have some clear details of this case. There was/is not much of anything between Santa Fe and Pecos. There were/are two malls in Santa Fe in 1988.

Gozer, feel free to private message me, if I can be of any assistance. I only get to Santa Fe twice a year however.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21646/
Status Missing
First name Arden
Middle name
Last name Bogart, Jr.
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen February 11, 1988 00:00
Date entered 08/29/2013
Age last seen 19 to years old
Age now 45 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0
Weight (pounds) 170.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Arden has been missing for 27 years now.

QTudGGW.jpg

Arden Bogart, Jr.
Age in 1992, 23

Namus 21646

Age last seen 19 to years old
Date last seen February 11, 1988
Santa Fe, NM

Hair Brown
Eyes Blue
Height (inches) 72.0
Weight (pounds) 170.0

He was last seen in the Santa Fe area on February 11, 1988 on I-25 between Santa Fe and Pecos. He may have traveled to Needles, California. Foul play is suspected.

Dental unavailable
DNA Initial inquiry underway

Det. Tony Trujillo
505-955-5067
Case 8802-00859

Santa Fe Police Department
Violent Crimes Unit

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21646/69

Arden's thread in the 1980's Missing Persons Forum:

NM - Arden Bogart Jr., 18, Santa Fe, 11 Feb 1988

The WS thread cited began in 2007. The links to potential UID matches in this thread no longer work.

There doesn't seem much to offer in this thread except pleas from a cousin, Gozer Jr. and/or Ryan Maxwell. This man might have more information by now?

A Lt. Gary Johnson in the Santa Fe police department was evidently the one who knew the most about this case. 505-955-5041

Bogart seems to have separated from the man he was last seen with at a mall. This man returned to Lima OH where both were from.

Websleuths archive 2006 with possible San Dimas CA match (seems very unlikely to me, since height and weight are way off): http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-188830.html

More Google: Arden Bogart

Arden R Bogart has one court record showing in OH; I am unable to retrieve this record, and given the age provided, it might refer to the father (died 2006) of the MP and not the MP himself.

A Terry Bogart (brother?) of Lima OH seems to be related: http://www.spokeo.com/Terry-Bogart/Ohio There seem to be 2 surviving sisters.

This concludes my Google search under "Arden Bogart" New Mexico

It's shocking how little information there is on this guy. There is no trace of his school, his birth, for instance. There is only one photo.

I could find no original source for the sightings in Needles CA.

For what it's worth, an obituary for Arden Bogart Sr., with relatives' names: http://limaohio.com/archive/143106/obituaries-article_313650ad-d63d-5546-bc46-a8fb8f1536f2-html

A sister died in infancy. Another sister died at 19?

There are a fair number of Google clippings on Arden Bogart Sr. There is no sign of his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back