1090 users online (213 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Elizabeth Skiratko, 45, stabbed to death, Glen Burnie, 21 April 2009

According to police, on Tuesday they got a call from a young woman who said Skiratko had sent her a note, saying he was going to kill himself and his mother.

Police arrived at the Skiratko home on Nolpark Court to check things out. But when they went inside of the front door, they found the boy playing a video game.

He told officers it was too late for his mother. Officers then found Elizabeth Skiratko dead in a bedroom with multiple stab wounds.

Welcome to the world Bridget!

Houston, Texas
    omg.. just playing a video game like nothing was wrong. Sounds so cold..

New Mexico
    I wonder what would have possessed him to send a note? Was it cry to be stopped, a mental game he was playing for himself? It seems baffling to telecast your crime, not commit suicide, and then wait around for the very real possibility that LE will be coming? Given his age and people commenting on a switch in his personality, I'd almost wonder about the onset of mental illness but this just seems to be way too calculated and cruel. It'll be interesting to see what he claims his motive was. These cases are always so sad to me, I wonder if he had siblings that he stole a mother away from?

State of Disbelief. SC
    interesting article

Court documents reveal a 17-year-old Glen Burnie boy admits he murdered his mother after living through several years plagued with child abuse.
    So sad -- he has a 14 y.o. brother!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

From December 2009:

A Glen Burnie teenager found playing a video game at home the day after killing his mother and leaving her body in her bedroom pleaded guilty Thursday to first-degree murder.

William Joseph Skiratko, 18, stood motionless while relatives watched as he admitted to Anne Arundel County Circuit Judge Pamela L. North that he fatally stabbed Elizabeth Anne Skiratko, 45.
    From February 2010:

A teenager who pleaded guilty to killing his mother has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.