Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll
Reaction score
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20090423/NEWS03/304239968

~snipped~

'HE'S A HERO': 75-year-old pulls youths to shore with canoe
By KELLY WARTH
TIMES STAFF WRITER
THURSDAY, APRIL 23, 2009

HENDERSON — Three people were saved from drowning Friday in Lake Ontario by a 75-year-old man with Parkinson's disease.

When Patricia A. Fillingham looked out the window of her home at Windswept Shores and saw three people in a small boat, she knew trouble was coming. Then they all stood up as their paddle boat began taking on water and fell into the 40-degree lake about 500 yards from shore, she said.

She called 911, but knew rescue crews couldn't arrive in time. Within minutes, her daughter, Beth A. McMahon, Cicero, had pushed the family's canoe over a breakwall and into the water, with the sound of cries for help in the background. Then her husband, Edward J. Fillingham, jumped into the canoe with an oar and some life jackets and paddled out to rescue the stranded boaters.

What an inspiring story. He truly is a hero.

This story brought tears to my eyes. He truly is a hero! God bless him.

Truly a touching story. Imagine how proud and happy he feels that he saved the lives of three people. God bless him!

What a hero. It brought tear to my eye. It's wonderful to hear a nice story here once in awhile too. So lovely.

Thank you

Always
Gozgals

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members