793 users online (105 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Actress Bea Arthur, Star of TV's Golden Girls, Dies at 86

A family spokesman for Bea Arthur says the star of TV's "Maude" and "The Golden Girls" has died.
    Spokesman Dan Watt says the 86-year-old Arthur died at home early Saturday. He says Arthur had cancer, but he declined to give further details. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517920,00.html

RIP Bea~ Thanks for the tons of laughs and the years of enjoying your hard work.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

She was a great gal, and a great actress/comedian. One of a kind.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    What a class act. RIP, Bea, and thanks for the laughs...
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

I first became a fan of Miss Arthur listening to the original cast album of Jerry Herman's Mame.

That must have been in 1966 and I can honestly say she never disappointed me in the decades that followed.

I loved 'The Golden Girls'!

My mother will be 86 yrs. old in September and is in Assisted Living with her friends through her own preference. We talk for almost an hour on the phone every day and I often take her food that is her favorite. We will laugh and joke and I say, "Shady Pines, Ma, Shady Pines"! She loves to watch the reruns of the show. She plays bingo with her friends there and we got her a laptop and attached a small mouse to it so she can still play Pogo!

My mother reminds me of Bea Arthur. Ms. Arthur lived a long life and gave us many laughs and excellent entertainment. My sympathy is with Ms. Arthurs family.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Unhappy

How sad! She was a great actress. I loved her as Maude- what a feminist!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

RIP Maude you have always been one of my favorites!
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Rip

Rest in peace. You made me laugh & laugh over the years.

What a wonderful talent/person she was!! Thank you for more laughter then I can count. I've always felt laughter was indeed the best medicine and you certainly made me feel better!!!!!!!

I remember watching her as Maude when I was young. I couldn't appreciate what a break-through show that was for feminism at that time but I have recently watched reruns and certainly appreciate her contribution to the cause of women's rights in the 70s. I loved Golden Girls as well. What a great woman and actress. Thanks Bea!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    This makes me so sad! I loved her and I love The Golden Girls!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Thanks for the memories Bea, you will always have a special spot in my heart!
    What a talent she was

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

The news of Bea Arthur's death has made me so sad. I feel as if a favorite aunt has died.
    She was a wonderful actress, a top-notch comedian, she had a great, distinctive voice, and was such a solid 'presence', whether she was on the stage or on my t.v. screen.
    She was right up there with Lucille Ball in my opinion- and believe me, that says a lot, because I love Lucy.
    Thank you Ms. Arthur, for the laughs, but I thank you even more for being a 'Friend'.
    That Golden Girl will sure be missed.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Thank you for being a friend, Bea. You will be missed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast