Cindy's counselor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmsg2002

Reaction score
Mods please feel free to move if not appropriate thread title....

Just thinking out loud if LE has confirmed whether Cindy A. was indeed seeing a counselor at some point prior to all of these events....and if so, have they been able to speak/interview with him or her? I know all of the HIPPA Rules and Regs come into play here, but curious as all hell to know if this is true and whether or not CA would have discussed KC with this person, and whether or not its relevant enough to the case to pierce those HIPPA rules?

Mods please feel free to move if not appropriate thread title....

Just thinking out loud if LE has confirmed whether Cindy A. was indeed seeing a counselor at some point prior to all of these events....and if so, have they been able to speak/interview with him or her? I know all of the HIPPA Rules and Regs come into play here, but curious as all hell to know if this is true and whether or not CA would have discussed KC with this person, and whether or not its relevant enough to the case to pierce those HIPPA rules?

I don't know if there are any ways around the HIPPA laws or not, but CA's mother stated either to LE or in the e-mails that she turned over to them, that CA had been speaking with a counselor who had told her to put KC out and seek custody of Caylee if necessary. It is in one of the doc dumps.

I know, that, as well as SP's comments about whether KC hated CA more than she loved Caylee, got me thinking about this. IMO, it would go to motive. Was CA actively seeking custody of Caylee prior to 6/15 that could be confirmed?

I'm sure LE has talked to this counselor. The results/interviews/notes we will not see. What information LE gained from speaking to him/her (other than yes she was/is a patient or no she is not/never was a patient) will be most likely ruled not admissible. I believe the the only way we would hear from the counselor is if the patient gives consent for release of records. CA will never give that consent of her own free will. Now, whether it is deemed relevant by a court, that remains to be seen.

I know, that, as well as SP's comments about whether KC hated CA more than she loved Caylee, got me thinking about this. IMO, it would go to motive. Was CA actively seeking custody of Caylee prior to 6/15 that could be confirmed?

Not that I know of. Only through the statements of SP. However, I bet LE has checked this out and knows for sure. There was a statement made, I think by one of CA's co-workers, that CA hadn't pursued custody due to money issues. But, according to SP, who I believe every word she has said, CA is the one who told her about going to the councelor, so you could say this is "straight from the horse's mouth". I'm not sure if anyone else stated about CA going to a counselor. I want to say a co-worker may have as well, but will have to go back and check.

I'm sure LE has talked to this counselor. The results/interviews/notes we will not see. What information LE gained from speaking to him/her (other than yes she was/is a patient or no she is not/never was a patient) will be most likely ruled not admissible. I believe the the only way we would hear from the counselor is if the patient gives consent for release of records. CA will never give that consent of her own free will. Now, whether it is deemed relevant by a court, that remains to be seen.

I wish the "court" of public opinion mattered. Lol!

This is kind of a complex matter. CA, by telling friends and co-workers that she had seen a counselor and that counselor had suggested that she seek custody of Caylee, essentially waived her privacy in relation to it being known that she was seeing a counselor. The counselors notes are definitely covered by privacy laws and are not discoverable. So even though CA told lots of people that she went to see a counselor and what the counselor told her to do it would be darn near impossible to independently verify that with the counselor unless CA consented to her records being released. Anybody care to give odds on that happening??

Another interesting set of circumstances surrounding my new opinion that it is CA that has been in the know from the beginning. She is the script writer. She went to a Counselor - what a coinky dink!

This is kind of a complex matter. CA, by telling friends and co-workers that she had seen a counselor and that counselor had suggested that she seek custody of Caylee, essentially waived her privacy in relation to it being known that she was seeing a counselor. The counselors notes are definitely covered by privacy laws and are not discoverable. So even though CA told lots of people that she went to see a counselor and what the counselor told her to do it would be darn near impossible to independently verify that with the counselor unless CA consented to her records being released. Anybody care to give odds on that happening??

Lol! NEVER!!!!

Personally, I believe the only counselor type person Cindy talked to was the human resources person mentioned in the doc dumps.

Going for therapy and talking about all the secrets behind what she perceived as a picture perfect life, and acknowledging that she didn't have control of her life and the lives of everyone around her, is just not something Cindy would do. Not in this lifetime. No way.

MOO

I was under the impression that Cindy had only briefly seen a councellor, maybe just 1 time? and did not care for the suggestions they made to her and never returned. Cindy just does not strike me as someone who would be completely honest with someone and then consider their suggestions as valid if they didn't go along with what she already thought.
Imo she would have been wanting the councellor to be patting her on the back, telling her how wonderful she was and how everything of course is everyone else's fault and she is a saint for taking care of everyone.

VB

As much as can't stand Cindy :puke: I really think this thread should be moved to the Parking Lot ..

Now I am having a hard time finding Debbie P's (Cindy's supervisor) interview, transcript. I can find the other two co -workers and the supplemental report, but can not find this one interview. Does anyone know about it, if it was rleased ?

I do think that she confided something to a counselor (of sorts) but I don't think we'll ever officially hear about it - given privacy laws about such things.

Whoever she is, I bet she's biting her knuckles over this whole thing. That, or justifying herself to eternity.

MOO

Shirley P. states that Cindy saw a counselor and the counselor told her to kick Casey out here, on page 5173 (end of page).

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974289/detail.html

Now would Shirley be able to testify to this at trial ? I am not real crazy about putting her on the witness stand at her age and everything, but I don't know how much they might need her testimony.

Now I am having a hard time finding Debbie P's (Cindy's supervisor) interview, transcript. I can find the other two co -workers and the supplemental report, but can not find this one interview. Does anyone know about it, if it was rleased ?

Here ya go....sticky thread, case documents, Debbie B:

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18974353/detail.html
ETA:
Dang, nope the wrong one....sorry

I have stated this before but where she works I'm sure she comes in contact with MANY social workers---they all can chit chat....In heathcare situations they are their and they do understand different things of what to do and how to go about it---what can and should be done--just my thought....

Not that I know of. Only through the statements of SP. However, I bet LE has checked this out and knows for sure. There was a statement made, I think by one of CA's co-workers, that CA hadn't pursued custody due to money issues. But, according to SP, who I believe every word she has said, CA is the one who told her about going to the councelor, so you could say this is "straight from the horse's mouth". I'm not sure if anyone else stated about CA going to a counselor. I want to say a co-worker may have as well, but will have to go back and check.

See, this is why it is so hard in this case. I do believe SP. BUT! Maybe CA lied to SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong