GUILTY TN - Megan Maxwell, 19, Newport, 26 April 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/43809717.html

27 April 09

A 19-year-old woman's car was found destroyed by fire along a highway in Cocke County, Newport Police Chief J. Maurice Shults says in an email.

Shults says Megan Maxwell was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt and bluejeans with large holes in them. She hasn't been heard from since around 4:30 a.m. Sunday, the police chief says. Maxwell is 5'6" tall and weights about 115 pounds.

more at link

video at link

Not much information to go on, here. I wonder if her car had a malfunction or if the fire was deliberately set?

I hope she is found soon!

Salem

Prayers for this beautiful girl to come home and prayers for her family and friends.

Cocke County Authorities: Search growing "grim"

Cocke County authorities say the possibility of finding a missing teenager alive is growing grim.
Megan Maxwell, 19, was last heard from early Sunday morning. Newport police say her car was later found burned along east highway 25/70.
Crews stopped their Tuesday search around 4:15 pm. They've focused on several miles of the French Broad River near where the Teena's car was found.
Crews say say they've searched the readily accessible spots, and they need different equipment to get further downstream.
But the clock is ticking.
"We have some information and a piece of physical evidence that led us to believe we need to be looking for evidence near the river, in the river," Shults said.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/43932687.html

Police have person of interest in missing Cocke Co. woman's disappearance

Newport Police have a person of interest in connection with the disappearance of a Cocke County woman whose car was found destroyed by fire along a highway.

The police chief will only say their "person of interest" is a male acquaintance of Megan Maxwell, 19, and investigators are interested in what he knows about Maxwell's disappearance.

That person's name has not been released.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/44010407.html

NEWPORT, Tenn (WVLT) -- Newport's Police Chief now says animal remains, not human remains were found in the Pigeon River near where Megan Maxwell's car was found on fire Sunday morning.

The Cocke County Rescue Squad located the remains Thursday afternoon, but a closer look indicated they were animal remains.

The remains were found in the river within the boundaries of the city of Newport.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/44069112.html

Maybe there still hope megan is alive and well
prayers for the megan and the family

What does dad know about this? Megan gets an early morning phone call that raises concern about the welfare of her dad. She goes to visit him, everything is okay. This is strange! If you were a parent and your child came to visit you at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, wouldn't you wonder why? And wouldn't you try to keep her their until at least breakfast time? An hour or two? Okay - so she doesn't stay, heads back to her friend's house. Some one runs her off the road? Flashes lights at her so she will pull over? Then her car is on fire and she is missing.

Someone, probably the person who called her, was watching/following her. Had to be. This sounds like a set-up. Or she staged her own disappearance? Why would a 19 year old do that? At 19, you just leave if you want. You don't need to stage a disappearance until you are in your 20's/30's after you have had time to create some sort of mess or married someone you don't like :)

Salem

After reading all the articles - I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a cop that pulled her over :(

What does dad know about this? Megan gets an early morning phone call that raises concern about the welfare of her dad. She goes to visit him, everything is okay. This is strange! If you were a parent and your child came to visit you at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, wouldn't you wonder why? And wouldn't you try to keep her their until at least breakfast time? An hour or two? Okay - so she doesn't stay, heads back to her friend's house. Some one runs her off the road? Flashes lights at her so she will pull over? Then her car is on fire and she is missing.

Someone, probably the person who called her, was watching/following her. Had to be. This sounds like a set-up. Or she staged her own disappearance? Why would a 19 year old do that? At 19, you just leave if you want. You don't need to stage a disappearance until you are in your 20's/30's after you have had time to create some sort of mess or married someone you don't like :)

Salem

After reading all the articles - I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a cop that pulled her over :(

http://www.citizentribune.com/news/view_sections.asp?idcategory=67&idarticle=12058

This story says police were on the scene at her dads. A car was towed from her dads house that night.
she called her friend and said her dad was okay she would be home

I wonder what the police report says happened at the house that night ?
I hope they talked to the tow truck that pulled the car. To see if there was anybody arguing over the car being towed ?

Family and friends of a missing Cocke County teen are helping police with the search.
19 year-old Megan Maxwell was last heard from early Sunday morning.
Her burned out car was found hours later along highway 25/70 in Newport, but no sign of the missing teen.
A big group gathered this morning to scour the woods on foot to find some clue that might lead them to their beloved Megan.Prayers brought everyone together this morning.
Jon Walton says, "You know how much we care. You know how much we love Megan."
Friends fought back tears and held hands as they started their desperate search for missing Megan.
They split into groups with printed and highlighted maps, and they started their hunt for some piece of evidence.
Megan's Mom Lisa Maxwell says, "Finding her alive would be the best mother's day present ever ever."
Megan's mom looked in the woods, others looked around and inside old barns, and on the railroad tracks.
Nothing turned up.
http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/44192832.html

I think the first article I read said that she was leaving her dad's house. He had been sick. I guess a call saying he was in a fight could qualify also.
And then an off duty police officer is the one who found her car on fire.

So was her dad in a fight? Did he call her?
What happened between 4:30a.m. and 6:00a.m.?
How far away is her dad's house from where the car was found?

Volunteer search turns up nothing new on missing teen

Hollie Lane, described as a friend of Megan Maxwell's, was spending the night with Megan and stated that Maxwell received a phone call between 3 and 4 a.m. telling her that "something was going on" at the house of her father, Steve Maxwell, and "that police were there."

Lane said Maxwell got in her car and drove to her father's house and that Megan called her at 4:27 a.m. and told her "everything was fine and that she was going to smoke a cigarette and would be right home."

Lane and Maxwell's mother stated that Megan never showed up. Her mother stated that she spoke with her ex-husband, Steve Maxwell, and that he told her he had been drinking and remembered Megan being at his residence, but didn't remember her leaving.

http://www.newportplaintalk.com/story/29091

Her father does not remember her leaving? How drunk was he? Were the police there that night?

Hi everyone,
Generally I research and investigate the UID's but I have been looking at the missing persons and this poor girl has such sad circumstances surrounding her dissapearance for better a word.

I know you have all probably seen a photo of her but I would like to place a photo on here for all of our benefits, to me it helps!

Pearly

Attachments

• Megan_20Maxwell2_small.jpg
    Megan_20Maxwell2_small.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 56

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads