808 users online (95 members and 713 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,051

    Status on Benjaman's Case

    I received an email last night from NB giving me an update on who is working on Benjaman's case and where everything is in process. I wanted to share it with you all so that we can talk about where we as sleuthers can fill-in in this process.
    1. There is a forensic geneaologist working with BK and the results of the 67 marker testing. The FG is running a parallel investigation to the one being run by CW currently which makes me question the energy being put into it right now by CW when this person has access to NB and BK...
    2. MtDNA has been run and is being entered into additional databases including military ones in the event the fingerprint results for the military database was not accurate or in the event that BK had family who served.
    3. NCIC is cross matching his dentals and kicking out possible matches currently. The GBI is working on the results of any matches.
    4. There is an active PI who is working on this case and is starting from the beginning to set up a timeline.
    My understanding is that the forensic geneologist was instrumental in putting together the Indy Star article. It is likely that there will be more of that to come, driven by the team that is active on Benjaman's behalf. I have asked BK and NB to detail to me where they believe all of you (including me, lol) can fill in regarding his case simply because perhaps there are other cases that could use the incredible time and attention that has been focused on BK now that he has a better support system in place.

    Please let me know your thoughts, one and all!!!
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    696
    I had no idea he had a fg working on his case. This is wonderful for Benjaman. If they can provide us with results from all these testings going on even though they are only possible matches, we can work from this angle.
    mtdna, fingerprint, and dental possible matches and we can sleuth to see what we can come up with?
    Thinking out loud...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,051
    Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    I had no idea he had a fg working on his case. This is wonderful for Benjaman. If they can provide us with results from all these testings going on even though they are only possible matches, we can work from this angle.
    mtdna, fingerprint, and dental possible matches and we can sleuth to see what we can come up with?
    Thinking out loud...
    GBI is notoriously closed mouthed when it comes to their investigations (think Tara Grinstead) so while it is unlikely they would kick any potential matches to us, you never know what BK or NB might want help on. I feel good knowing that there is momentum in the law enforcement community because ultimately those resources and skill sets are needed if the problem of his ID is actually to be solved...jmo. I like to think of it as righting a wrong with all that didn't happen after he was found.

    In any case, I hope that whatever road all of this takes he finds a way to be himself on his own terms.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    696
    I wish Benjaman and NB the best.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    I am happy to learn that Benjaman is getting the help he needs. If there is anything that comes up that I can help with, I will be right here. Good luck to Benjaman in discovering who he is. Best wishes!

    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    GBI is notoriously closed mouthed when it comes to their investigations (think Tara Grinstead) so while it is unlikely they would kick any potential matches to us, you never know what BK or NB might want help on. I feel good knowing that there is momentum in the law enforcement community because ultimately those resources and skill sets are needed if the problem of his ID is actually to be solved...jmo. I like to think of it as righting a wrong with all that didn't happen after he was found.

    In any case, I hope that whatever road all of this takes he finds a way to be himself on his own terms.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,100
    Benjaman Kyle:

    Well, I hardly know what to say. I am very happy for him that so many very new capable people and organizations are working with him to discover his identity.

    And yes, all of us on this forum have devoted our time and energy, willingly, to find clues, do research.

    It is hard to let go.
    We can continue to search and try to help, if we choose to.
    Just like any other case.

    IMO: But why duplicate efforts made by GBI and the others?

    I wish Benjaman Kyle all the very best. He deserves to know the truth.
    I wish him many more years of the life that he chooses.

    I will continue to look for clues, while working on other cases.
    You said it best, believe09,
    ' In any case, I hope that whatever road all of this takes he finds a way to be himself on his own terms.'__________________
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,051
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Benjaman Kyle:

    Well, I hardly know what to say. I am very happy for him that so many very new capable people and organizations are working with him to discover his identity.

    And yes, all of us on this forum have devoted our time and energy, willingly, to find clues, do research.

    It is hard to let go.
    We can continue to search and try to help, if we choose to.
    Just like any other case.

    IMO: But why duplicate efforts made by GBI and the others?

    I wish Benjaman Kyle all the very best. He deserves to know the truth.
    I wish him many more years of the life that he chooses.

    I will continue to look for clues, while working on other cases.
    You said it best, believe09,
    ' In any case, I hope that whatever road all of this takes he finds a way to be himself on his own terms.'__________________
    You guys, I am going to embarass myself likely here but I have to say this post made me cry, dream...in a good way. I am so AWESTRUCK by what each and everyone of you has given in terms of time and attention to this complete stranger. You are each amazing, giving, caring and resourceful. Please look for me if I ever disappear, lol.

    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    TY for the update believe. Forgive me but I don't recall what CW is.....

    I would love to see Mr. Kyles story aired on either Dateline or Nancy Grace-or even AMW if they would give him just a few minutes of airtime. I'm sure with National Media exposure during primetime evening hours someone would recognize him.

    I just posted his info on my yahoo single parent forum for the 4th time or so. The group owner is kind enough to allow me to post his info everynow and then even though crime cases are OT to the forum.

    I'm still mindboggled why we have not yet found someone looking for Mr. Kyle and I look forward to hearing from NB on how we may further assist the search for Mr. Kyles identity if they wish for us to continue searching. With the lack of feedback we have received from them, and understandably so, it's difficult to determine where we should go from here.

    My prayers and best wishes to Mr. Kyle.

    Cubby

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    TY for the update believe. Forgive me but I don't recall what CW is.....

    I would love to see Mr. Kyles story aired on either Dateline or Nancy Grace-or even AMW if they would give him just a few minutes of airtime. I'm sure with National Media exposure during primetime evening hours someone would recognize him.

    I just posted his info on my yahoo single parent forum for the 4th time or so. The group owner is kind enough to allow me to post his info everynow and then even though crime cases are OT to the forum.

    I'm still mindboggled why we have not yet found someone looking for Mr. Kyle and I look forward to hearing from NB on how we may further assist the search for Mr. Kyles identity if they wish for us to continue searching. With the lack of feedback we have received from them, and understandably so, it's difficult to determine where we should go from here.

    My prayers and best wishes to Mr. Kyle.

    Cubby
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    CW refers to our own poster and geneaology guru, carolwood.

    I have requested several times that BK's story be aired on Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, Nancy Grace cold cases, all the early morning news shows, CBS evening news to be combined with Without A Trace tv show. They have done that for other missing people. I have emailed magazines, like People. Many others have done the same.
    Only one responded to me and it seemed a courtesy response.

    With the new coordinated group of people working on his, BK's behalf, the advantage there is they have direct contact with him.

    I wish him the best of everything in life.
    I will search for BK clues along with working on other cases.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    CW refers to our own poster and geneaology guru, carolwood.

    I have requested several times that BK's story be aired on Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, Nancy Grace cold cases, all the early morning news shows, CBS evening news to be combined with Without A Trace tv show. They have done that for other missing people. I have emailed magazines, like People. Many others have done the same.
    Only one responded to me and it seemed a courtesy response.

    With the new coordinated group of people working on his, BK's behalf, the advantage there is they have direct contact with him.

    I wish him the best of everything in life.
    I will search for BK clues along with working on other cases.
    Thanks Dream
    I am still on the case of Powells and will continue in the effort, it is a passion of mine, genealogy.
    The greatest part of all is he now has a professional working on his behalf in the genealogy field, and one of the best, IMO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    Thanks Dream
    I am still on the case of Powells and will continue in the effort, it is a passion of mine, genealogy.
    The greatest part of all is he now has a professional working on his behalf in the genealogy field, and one of the best, IMO.
    I haven't read much about Mr. Kyle but I wish him the very best. I am from a family of Powell's (maternal side) and find it interesting that he may also be from a family of Powell's. My uncle has a book on the Powell's (he's really into Geneaology) but I'm not sure what all it has included in it. IIRC, my family of Powell's came to Florida from Georgia.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    528
    This is very encouraging & uplifting news to hear!

    I hope someday soon we'll hear that he's found out where he's from, who he is and who his family is. I have a feeling tho that when that happens he'll want his privacy even more than now (and I can't fault him at all for that). I'm kind of sad at the prospect of being left with the mystery of it all unsolved (to us). It would be like reading a very good book and then finding the last two pages are gone.

    I wish him and the team of people working with him success at every turn.

    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I received an email last night from NB giving me an update on who is working on Benjaman's case and where everything is in process. I wanted to share it with you all so that we can talk about where we as sleuthers can fill-in in this process.
    1. There is a forensic geneaologist working with BK and the results of the 67 marker testing. The FG is running a parallel investigation to the one being run by CW currently which makes me question the energy being put into it right now by CW when this person has access to NB and BK...
    2. MtDNA has been run and is being entered into additional databases including military ones in the event the fingerprint results for the military database was not accurate or in the event that BK had family who served.
    3. NCIC is cross matching his dentals and kicking out possible matches currently. The GBI is working on the results of any matches.
    4. There is an active PI who is working on this case and is starting from the beginning to set up a timeline.

    My understanding is that the forensic geneologist was instrumental in putting together the Indy Star article. It is likely that there will be more of that to come, driven by the team that is active on Benjaman's behalf. I have asked BK and NB to detail to me where they believe all of you (including me, lol) can fill in regarding his case simply because perhaps there are other cases that could use the incredible time and attention that has been focused on BK now that he has a better support system in place.

    Please let me know your thoughts, one and all!!!
    Please read about Terry and Darleen Anderson at AMW!

    Terry & Darleen Anderson Case File at AMW

    Terry & Darleen Anderson WS Forum

    Justice for Terry & Darleen!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    Quote Originally Posted by snowme View Post
    This is very encouraging & uplifting news to hear!

    I hope someday soon we'll hear that he's found out where he's from, who he is and who his family is. I have a feeling tho that when that happens he'll want his privacy even more than now (and I can't fault him at all for that). I'm kind of sad at the prospect of being left with the mystery of it all unsolved (to us). It would be like reading a very good book and then finding the last two pages are gone.

    I wish him and the team of people working with him success at every turn.

    Exactly. Though, I don't think it will be or remain unresolved... If we don't get an update Mr. Kyles case will do just as those do on the doenetwork - with a simple 'resolved' closed case and when clicking for an update nothing on his case, just like so very many families choose to do. With that, we'll know Mr. Kyle has found his name and unless he chooses to share more, I will respect his wish to remain a simple private man. I hope others will also.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    166
    I am soooo glad that he is receiving the assistance that he needs. And I agree that it is hard to move forward because I have been following this case and forum for awhile now........

    I too wish BK the best and hope that he finds peace and happiness!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Any new news regarding Benjaman? Still hoping he finds the answers he needs.



Similar Threads

  1. Holly Bobo Case Status Hearings, 12/17/2014
    By Tulessa in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:11 PM
  2. Status of case now-10/25/13
    By tezi in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-27-2013, 07:52 AM