1076 users online (239 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

NY - Michelle Lee, 24, NYPD criminologist, brutally murdered, 27 April 2009

Michele Lee was 24 yrs old and began working for the NYPD as a forensic investigator in September. She was found by her roommate at 8 a.m. on 4/27/09 tied to her bed, she had been burned on her stomach with a hot iron, repeatedly stabbed and had a phone cord around her neck. LE thinks she had been dead for a couple days. The roommate apparently came home on Sunday night, slept all night in the apt and went to check on Michelle on Monday morning finding her deceased.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...e_for_csi.html
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Michele Lee was 24 yrs old and began working for the NYPD as a forensic investigator in September. She was found by her roommate at 8 a.m. on 4/27/09 tied to her bed, she had been burned on her stomach with a hot iron, repeatedly stabbed and had a phone cord around her neck. LE thinks she had been dead for a couple days. The roommate apparently came home on Sunday night, slept all night in the apt and went to check on Michelle on Monday morning finding her deceased.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...e_for_csi.html
    Oh my god.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    How could you sleep in there and not know? there must have been a struggle?
    What a horrible way to die

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    How could you sleep in there and not know? there must have been a struggle?
    What a horrible way to die

From what I gather I think LE is speculating that Michele had been dead even before Sunday night when her roomate came home. It says that she did not check in with Michelle when she got home Sunday night so she might have already been dead. I have not read anything about the roommates whereabouts Saturday.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Oh my goodness, how horrible. Prayers for Michele's family and friends. I pray they find the monster who did this.

LE suspected it was a sex related crime. The roommate had been out of town and got home late on Sunday and did not check in on Michelle. More info at link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04282009...ker_166555.htm
    --Ghandi

It sounds like a personal attack instead of a sex crime (altho rape isn't out of the question). I am thinking stalker type instead of ex-boyfriend. The way she was bound, the burning, stabbing, and strangulation are all signs of the killer's rage against her for a definite reason in his/her mind, imo. The killer was making her "pay" for something. (It could be a female.) The burning of her stomach is significantly different than most brutal homicides. It was pure torture.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Yes, whoever did this to her was ANGRY and wanted her to suffer. LE are checking out ex-boyfriends.

I guess since the roommate did not seem alarmed by anything when she came home that there were no signs of a struggle elsewhere in the apt. How convenient this happened when roommate was gone......someone Michelle knew who knew that roommate would be out of town last weekend.
    --Ghandi

How horrible for that poor girl. Based on the information in the article, it sounds like they have an idea who did this crime. They speciffically mention an ex-boyfriend that was recently diagnosed with cancer. That seems like too much information to give if it is not significant. JMO.

This makes me think she knew and trusted the sicko who did this!...jmo

There were no signs of forced entry, and nothing seemed to be missing, sources said. Nor were there any signs of a struggle, they added.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04282009...ker_166555.htm

I believe this is her Facebook Account. Very Pretty Girl. So Sad

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?init=q...26fdc7fe3477cc

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    It sounds like a personal attack instead of a sex crime (altho rape isn't out of the question). I am thinking stalker type instead of ex-boyfriend. The way she was bound, the burning, stabbing, and strangulation are all signs of the killer's rage against her for a definite reason in his/her mind, imo. The killer was making her "pay" for something. (It could be a female.) The burning of her stomach is significantly different than most brutal homicides. It was pure torture.

I agree. It seems that someone wanted her to hurt before she died. I hope who ever did this is found. It is just horrible. It could be someone that she dated once or twice but didn't really care for that much and wouldn't date hiim again. Maybe he was crazy about her and wasn't taking no for an answer. Maybe he wanted her to hurt as much as he thought she hurt him. It's just hard to tell but boy someone was carrying around a lot of anger.

I really hate to be morbid, but wouldn't the roommate notice a smell?

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydo View Post
    exactly my thoughts.. I mean no disresepect but the temperatures in NYC have been in the 80/90 range for 4 days and the decomp would be accelerated as a result.. i cant imagine that the roomate didnt notice...
    However it sounds possible as if there was a personal relationship with the victim with no forced entry and possibly no evidence of a stuggle...and in light of the proximity the perp had to be in to the victim and the slow tortorous death

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydo View Post
    i was just getting ready to post the same thing. how creepy for that poor person.

i hope they catch who is responsbile, and fast. what happened to her is just terrible.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast