GUILTY NY - Michelle Lee, 24, NYPD criminologist, brutally murdered, 27 April 2009

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
Michele Lee was 24 yrs old and began working for the NYPD as a forensic investigator in September. She was found by her roommate at 8 a.m. on 4/27/09 tied to her bed, she had been burned on her stomach with a hot iron, repeatedly stabbed and had a phone cord around her neck. LE thinks she had been dead for a couple days. The roommate apparently came home on Sunday night, slept all night in the apt and went to check on Michelle on Monday morning finding her deceased.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/04/27/2009-04-27_grisly_slay_hits_home_for_csi.html

Michele Lee was 24 yrs old and began working for the NYPD as a forensic investigator in September. She was found by her roommate at 8 a.m. on 4/27/09 tied to her bed, she had been burned on her stomach with a hot iron, repeatedly stabbed and had a phone cord around her neck. LE thinks she had been dead for a couple days. The roommate apparently came home on Sunday night, slept all night in the apt and went to check on Michelle on Monday morning finding her deceased.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/04/27/2009-04-27_grisly_slay_hits_home_for_csi.html

Oh my god.

How could you sleep in there and not know? there must have been a struggle?
What a horrible way to die

How could you sleep in there and not know? there must have been a struggle?
What a horrible way to die

From what I gather I think LE is speculating that Michele had been dead even before Sunday night when her roomate came home. It says that she did not check in with Michelle when she got home Sunday night so she might have already been dead. I have not read anything about the roommates whereabouts Saturday.

Oh my goodness, how horrible. :( Prayers for Michele's family and friends. I pray they find the monster who did this.

It sounds like a personal attack instead of a sex crime (altho rape isn't out of the question). I am thinking stalker type instead of ex-boyfriend. The way she was bound, the burning, stabbing, and strangulation are all signs of the killer's rage against her for a definite reason in his/her mind, imo. The killer was making her "pay" for something. (It could be a female.) The burning of her stomach is significantly different than most brutal homicides. It was pure torture.

Yes, whoever did this to her was ANGRY and wanted her to suffer. LE are checking out ex-boyfriends.

I guess since the roommate did not seem alarmed by anything when she came home that there were no signs of a struggle elsewhere in the apt. How convenient this happened when roommate was gone......someone Michelle knew who knew that roommate would be out of town last weekend.

How horrible for that poor girl. Based on the information in the article, it sounds like they have an idea who did this crime. They speciffically mention an ex-boyfriend that was recently diagnosed with cancer. That seems like too much information to give if it is not significant. JMO.

It sounds like a personal attack instead of a sex crime (altho rape isn't out of the question). I am thinking stalker type instead of ex-boyfriend. The way she was bound, the burning, stabbing, and strangulation are all signs of the killer's rage against her for a definite reason in his/her mind, imo. The killer was making her "pay" for something. (It could be a female.) The burning of her stomach is significantly different than most brutal homicides. It was pure torture.

I agree. It seems that someone wanted her to hurt before she died. I hope who ever did this is found. It is just horrible. It could be someone that she dated once or twice but didn't really care for that much and wouldn't date hiim again. Maybe he was crazy about her and wasn't taking no for an answer. Maybe he wanted her to hurt as much as he thought she hurt him. It's just hard to tell but boy someone was carrying around a lot of anger.

I really hate to be morbid, but wouldn't the roommate notice a smell?

exactly my thoughts.. I mean no disresepect but the temperatures in NYC have been in the 80/90 range for 4 days and the decomp would be accelerated as a result.. i cant imagine that the roomate didnt notice...
However it sounds possible as if there was a personal relationship with the victim with no forced entry and possibly no evidence of a stuggle...and in light of the proximity the perp had to be in to the victim and the slow tortorous death

i was just getting ready to post the same thing. how creepy for that poor person.

i hope they catch who is responsbile, and fast. what happened to her is just terrible.:furious:

I hate to say this as it's probably wrong...but what about the roommate?
It sounds like Michele knew the person who killed her, whoever it was.

Hi Gaia - Hope you are well. Do we know for sure that is her site? I found several Michelle Lee's in New York. Just wondering.

Thanks ella - I jumped too conclusions too quickly. I assumed since the name was right and they were both Asian it was her. Shame on me :)

She went to the gym the night it is speculated she died. Most people in NYC choose a gym near their work or apartment and will just walk instead of having to take transit or cab. Sunnyside Queens is a nice neighborhood - I have friends who live there. I am pretty convinced it is someone who knows Michelle but on the off chance it wasn't she could have been followed or maybe she had someone at the gym who had an unhealthy obsession with her.

yeah, I have thought about that too.....

The article said her door was ajar, it has been hot in NYC and they might have had the air conditioning on so I could see the roommate not noticing a smell.....I still think it is a little strange she didn't but don't know all of the circumstances.

My first thought was the roommate too. But it looks like LE cleared the roommate pretty quickly based on the fact that she wasn't home over the weekend (pretty sure that is what I read). I am assuming she had a pretty good alibi.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back