Identified! KY - McCreary County, Female remains found, Apr'09 - Crystal Marler

carlos1111

Reaction score
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/43814202.html

There's been a startling discovery in a southern Kentucky woodland. It is now the subject of a criminal investigation.

Human bones were found Saturday morning in McCreary County, off Peel Dogwood Road, which is just off Ky. 700, east of Whitley City.

His house is right on the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest, where there's not another house for at least 10 miles. So you can imagine George Waters' surprise Saturday when he noticed all the traffic coming down his road.

“I was noticing all the law coming, more and more law, state officials,” said Waters.

All the attention was over the discovery of human bones by a turkey hunter. Waters knows the hunter who found them.

“They were scattered, from what I hear. The guy first thought it was animal bones, kept looking down the pat and there was a human skull,” he said.

Local officials are not commenting on who it might be, but police say the findings are consistent with a teenage female. And they say the remains where probably in the McCreary County forest for “several years.”

And what's more, police say they've opened a homicide investigation because they say that female teenager was murdered.

The remains are being examined by the state medical examiner in Frankfort where dental records could be used to make a positive identification.

I know they said it appeared the body had been there for years, but there is Crystal Branham Hall from Pikeville missing for 2 months or so now? That is about 2 hours away.

McCreary County appears to be very close to Tennessee - could be someone from there as well.

Jennifer Wix went missing from Cross Plains TN. Not sure of the distance to where the bones were found.. Ill check into it.

How do they know it is a teenager? It says the bones have been there for a long time. Typically when a skeleton is this old, it takes days, weeks or maybe months before they will even say the gender, let alone give an approximate age. I wonder how they figured this all out so fast?

Salem

How do they know it is a teenager? It says the bones have been there for a long time. Typically when a skeleton is this old, it takes days, weeks or maybe months before they will even say the gender, let alone give an approximate age. I wonder how they figured this all out so fast?

Salem

Don't they have forensic anthropologists? IIRC - they can tell from the measurements of the bones and the dentals????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back