Debunking the Defense's Theories.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevCrim

Reaction score
Trying to figure out where the defense is going with this case, come trial time.......I question a few things I've heard so far-----feel free to jump in....

I am just an amatuer looking for answers-------These are just my opinions.....

1) The theory of "Ugly Coping" - If KC's actions after Caylee disappeared is due to ugly coping, or how she chose to deal with it, then doesn't that mean "she already knew the child was dead?":waitasec:

2) 17 good healthy hairs of Caylee's in the trunk- the prosecution only has one hair with a death band- wouldn't that mean that apparently KC did keep Caylee in the trunk while she partied, and then after she murdered her?
Therefore, how much of this child's life was spent in the trunk of her mother's car?:waitasec:

3) Filicide- If this behavior is how some 20 year olds deal with the birth of a child- and it worsen's with time- how do they explain, KC did all these things prior to Caylee's death also?:waitasec:

4) Since the defense is spending so much time looking for an excuse for how KC reacted and responded to Caylee's death, doesn't that say that they know KC is guilty? If she was innocent, why not just tell the truth?
They can't because she's not. An innocent person is not going to sit in a cell all this time for a crime they did not commit.

5) Among other things the defense cannot explain away, how about with all the family visits and phone calls, not once did KC ask, "Any word on Caylee?"
"Have they found my little girl that I profess to love so much and miss so much." KC does not bring up Caylee or Nanny ever, unless someone else ask's
a question, and then she tries to change the subject or talks a mile a minute to get off the subject.

6) If KC tries to throw GA and CA under the bus for being horrible parents, she has debunked that, as she told them on camera at the jail how wonderful they are as parents, and how Caylee had and has the best grandparents.
I do believe she had a little Freudian slip in there (had, still has).

As for the "Ugly Coping", I would have to ask why she seemed to do so much of it before Caylee's disappearance as well.

As for the "Ugly Coping", I would have to ask why she seemed to do so much of it before Caylee's disappearance as well.

You are so right!

In addition, her behavior after Caylee's death is no different than prior to her death. KC, partied, drank, allegedly did pot, lied, and stole for a very long time, and seemed to always have a spare guy on the back burner.

i just want to know how hes going to debunk the duct tape and sticker.

That Freudian slip spoke more to me than any of her actions before or after Caylee was found. Think there was another one on the same tape, use of the word "were" instead of "are". Baez has obviously come up with no defense, yet still insists that it will all come out/make sense at trial. What else can he say?
My questions:
1. Why have they never looked for the nanny or released a composite drawing?
2. Why no outcry that they have the wrong person in jail and why isn't he complaining that LE is not doing there job if he believes the nanny story.
3. The fact that the Anthony's do not visit tells me that either KC can't face them, or they can't face her due to the fact that she murdered their granddaughter. I don't think it has anything to do with the tapes, they could visit without discussing the case. I couldn't go that long without seeing my daughter even if she HAD killed my granddaughter. Doesn't Baez realize that this makes her look even more guilty? He should encourage visits to show the public that this is a loving daughter with loving parents. I think showing their pain and how much they love each other would lessen the likelihood of the DP.
4. If someone else is involved as they have stated in their backwards sort of way, why are they not working with the police and insisting that it be investigated? If they have one shred of evidence that anyone else was involved, don't they have a duty to release that to LE? If they are going to throw anyone else under the bus at trial and truly believe there are others involved why did he wait so long to request the cell phone records of those that he thinks might be involved?

IMHO..the defense has, well no real defense. Any theory they have thought of amongst themselves has surely been refuted by the following doc dump. All they can do is try to attack the manner of evidence collection and validity of the labs. They have nothing. I will go out on a limb and say they (the defense team) has been lied to by Casey many times. They don't know what to put forward.

Great Thread, RevCrim! So many good points made here by all. I still think that this trial can be won by SA by keeping things simple and focusing on logical aspects as pointed out here. Makes it a lot easier for the jury to follow and convict. I agree that Casey's Freudian slip using "were" along with waiting 31 days for Caylee to be reported missing.... these are the 2 most telling points of this case. Add to that, the smell in the car...well seems pretty simple to me.

IMHO..the defense has, well no real defense. Any theory they have thought of amongst themselves has surely been refuted by the following doc dump. All they can do is try to attach the manner of evidence collection and validity of the labs. They have nothing. I will go out on a limb and say they (the defense team) has been lied to by Casey many times. They don't know what to put forward.

I agree. I also am starting to wonder if they aren't going to put out an "accidental death" theory. This would explain 1)no outcry to find the real killer 2)Cindy telling the CBS reporter that "we don't know what happened to Caylee" in response to the reported stating that Caylee had been murdered and 3)Cindy's assertion that "we don't know what Casey has been through" in an attempt to explain away her actions.

2) 17 good healthy hairs of Caylee's in the trunk- the prosecution only has one hair with a death band- wouldn't that mean that apparently KC did keep Caylee in the trunk while she partied, and then after she murdered her?
Therefore, how much of this child's life was spent in the trunk of her mother's car?:waitasec:

The healthy hairs could have easily been "Transfered" to the trunk through normal everyday activity.

One of Caylee's hairs could have been on a Toy, Towel or Blanket and then that item was placed in the trunk were it fell off.

Healthy hairs would be expected......

The hair with the Death Band is another story & Jose is going to have a hard time explaining that at trial.

His only option is going to be to Attack the science of "Death Banding" because there is no reasonable explanation for that hair to be in Casey's trunk.

I agree. I also am starting to wonder if they aren't going to put out an "accidental death" theory. This would explain 1)no outcry to find the real killer 2)Cindy telling the CBS reporter that "we don't know what happened to Caylee" in response to the reported stating that Caylee had been murdered and 3)Cindy's assertion that "we don't know what Casey has been through" in an attempt to explain away her actions.

I think that strategy has been there all along. The giant hint-hint deal GA and CA made of the mysterious "pool ladder" incident during their LE interviews in August. The fact that TL used "PPD" as a possible reason for accidental death in his attempt to get the DP off the table last fall. I think for the Anthonys Plan A is to throw somebody else under the bus. If that fails, Plan B is to boo-hoo that it was all an accident and a big misunderstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanding.

IMHO..the defense has, well no real defense. Any theory they have thought of amongst themselves has surely been refuted by the following doc dump. All they can do is try to attach the manner of evidence collection and validity of the labs. They have nothing. I will go out on a limb and say they (the defense team) has been lied to by Casey many times. They don't know what to put forward.

I recall also, that recently, JB made a comment on TV stating that nobody knows the real KC. And- he thinks he does? :waitasec:

The healthy hairs could have easily been "Transfered" to the trunk through normal everyday activity.

One of Caylee's hairs could have been on a Toy, Towel or Blanket and then that item was placed in the trunk were it fell off.

Healthy hairs would be expected......

The hair with the Death Band is another story & Jose is going to have a hard time explaining that at trial.

His only option is going to be to Attack the science of "Death Banding" because there is no reasonable explanation for that hair to be in Casey's trunk.

Good point- Thanks!:)

She's had every opportunity to confess to an accident both before and after her arrest. If it were an accident, why wait for a trial, why not try to get your client off on lesser charges from the beginning. If she did confess to an accident then Baez is just letting this all play out for the free publicity and fame of which KC will pay for with her life. If it was an accident, she still deserves LWOP in my opinion but not the DP.

Casey was texting her g/b friends promoting Fusian because why? Oh yeah. Ugly coping. Pffffftttt. I think not.

I think that strategy has been there all along. The giant hint-hint deal GA and CA made of the mysterious "pool ladder" incident during their LE interviews in August. The fact that TL used "PPD" as a possible reason for accidental death in his attempt to get the DP off the table last fall. I think for the Anthonys Plan A is to throw somebody else under the bus. If that fails, Plan B is to boo-hoo that it was all an accident and a big misunderstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanding.

Great post- however, how will defense excuse how the tape and heart sticker got on Caylee's mouth and skull "accidently"? Can't sell me, it was in respect for Caylee, to keep insects out of her mouth and body. The body has other openings, and there was no respect placing her little body in plastic trash bags and a fabric laundry bag, letting larger wildlife get to her dear little remains. Accident- NOT:hand:

The healthy hairs could have easily been "Transferred" to the trunk through normal everyday activity.

True. So we should expect to see roughly the same number of Casey hairs, correct? I assume she would be leaning over the trunk more frequently than Caylee, plus she has her own stuff inthe trunk also. I wonder if we know how many of KC's hairs were found..

I agree. I also am starting to wonder if they aren't going to put out an "accidental death" theory.

I think they almost have to. Either that or bet it all on debunking the forensics.

Let's also remember. Dr. Lee found ONE hair in the trunk. Other hairs were found by OCSO investigators. Some of them were in the bag of trash that had been in the trunk. We don't even know to whom they belong.

That's one thing I'd like to see in the doc dump tomorrow!

believe the defense ONLY defense will be in the forensic evidence. Attacking of that and as far as EB husband being such a renowned scientist, I believe his opinion has been debunked more than once~ Such as HL with MM, he missed the small injection mark in her thigh.. These expert witnesses are not the perfect witness! JMO and NICE JOB ON THE POST~~

I really think they will go with the smoke & mirrors defense. They will attack forensic evidence ("junk science") while throwing out distractions. There really isn't any other way for them to defend her. She's really painted herself in a corner with her ridiculous statements to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23