Identified! CA - Fontana, WhtFem 662UFCA, 25-35, hit by car, Aug'85 - Marguerite O'Brien

pearly

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Came across this Jane Doe on the Doe Network this more her link is here
https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2605&=12&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search on namus
So much information to go off photos etc...she pulled on my heart strings so I would love some help :)

Have emailed the coroner in charge of her case so will see how that goes, now just searching for possibles.

Here is some more information about her from the Doe Network:
Case History
The victim was killed when she attempted to cross lanes of traffic on foot at Valley Boulevard, east of Cherry Avenue, in Fontana, California, and was struck by a vehicle. Implication is that she may have travelled on the east coast (New York, Wisconsin).
Identity may be established by fingerprints and dental X-rays.

Pearly

Thought I would let everyone know I have nicknamed her 'Cherry Doe' because she was found on Valley Blvd east of Cherry Ave in Fontana California.

the more i look at it, the more i think the last one, juliana could be a possible....

the more i look at it, the more i think the last one, juliana could be a possible....

It is funny you say this because I have her on my list of people I started in 1985, but I was on another computer but haven't posted yet.

Ok--One of the pieces of paper appears to say Lincoln Hotel with a telephone number. The number for Rusty also has a similar prefix (724 + 722) Gen could mean general information. I did a google seach for Lincoln Hotel:

There is a Lincoln Plaza Hotel in Monterey Park, near LA
An Abraham Lincoln Hotel in Springfield, IL
***The Hotel Lincoln in Duluth, MN but was not longer in operation after the mid 1970's, so probably did not have phone service.

There is a Lincoln Motel in Oklahoma

I also did a google just of the 722-9612, and several things in Gallop, NM came up, as well as Costa Mesa, CA, Duluth MN, Newfoundland, Canada.

I searched the address for the insurance company in Philips, WI--The address is 177 N Lake St (it appears to now be Ave). There is a massage therapy shop there now, but when I called to see if an insurance company used to be there, I only got voicemail. There are several insurance agencies in Philips, so perhaps one of them used to be located at this address. They may not know her by face anyway, most insurance business is done over the telephone. Philips seems to be a small town though, so could she have been from there?

For Rustys phone number I get:
Vista, CA, Oceanside, CA, Salamanca, NY, Duluth, MN

It looks like she was missing quite a few teeth and had several fillings as well. IMHO, this lends credence to her being transient.

Dental chart
(click to enlarge)
cajddc.jpg

everyone here is fabulous I too have been looking at the pieces of paper etc trying to find out what they may mean!

Once I find otu what the Coroner knows about the paper maybe we can try contacting some of the places to see if they recognise her???

I did a reverse lookup on all the area codes of California, with phone number listed under "Rusty", the area code 661 comes up with this: Steven R Littman18651 Pine Canyon Rd Lake Hughes, CA 93532-1100 I wonder if the 'R' could be "Rusty" it also shows a Jeanne living there, ages 50-59

Pearly: You want to forward this info on to LE? I wouldn't think it would hurt for LE to give them a call, ask if they know anyone that's missing!

Also, I like Julianne Jaillette as well, looks are very similar, bags found in a lobby of hotel, in Reno,NV! Traveling?

Here's a side by side of Cherry Doe and Julianne:

Attachments

• Copy of JulianneJaillett missing 6-1-85 WA Cherry Doe CA.jpg
    Copy of JulianneJaillett missing 6-1-85 WA Cherry Doe CA.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 422
I did a reverse lookup on all the area codes of California, with phone number listed under "Rusty", the area code 661 comes up with this: Steven R Littman18651 Pine Canyon Rd Lake Hughes, CA 93532-1100 I wonder if the 'R' could be "Rusty" it also shows a Jeanne living there, ages 50-59

Pearly: You want to forward this info on to LE? I wouldn't think it would hurt for LE to give them a call, ask if they know anyone that's missing!

Also, I like Julianne Jaillette as well, looks are very similar, bags found in a lobby of hotel, in Reno,NV! Traveling?

Not a problem MBB, will sure do! I am going to send a follow up email this week if I hear nothing so fingers crossed they get back to me :)

Lake Hughes is in Los Angeles county too, so in the general vicinity, good find! Wouldn't you think that LE would have tried contacting all the local area codes for the numbers? I am curious where this girl was walking to and from. I wander what businesses were/are in the area, and if there was an abandoned car found. With her heels and things in her purse, I do not think she was transient.

Lake Hughes is in Los Angeles county too, so in the general vicinity, good find! Wouldn't you think that LE would have tried contacting all the local area codes for the numbers? I am curious where this girl was walking to and from. I wander what businesses were/are in the area, and if there was an abandoned car found. With her heels and things in her purse, I do not think she was transient.

I think she may have been hitch-hiking, but not necessarily transient in the sense of homeless! She had quite a bit of dental work, most homeless folk don't take care of their teeth, unless it's at a free clinic and usually free clinics pull their teeth and give them bridges or dentures! Dentures and bridges are made for free(for the homeless and needy) at most Dental Colleges! I have friends that volunteer at a few Free Clinics, that's what they tell me!
You would think the LE or Coroners office would've tried the different area codes in that area, but you never know, those offices are so busy with bodies and not many investigators! It's easier to do those kinds of things now than it was in 1985 (plus they've got us to do it for free, now!!:crazy: )
Okay, now, I googled (don't ya just love google?) 468 Main St. thinking if there was a third floor, it was either a hotel or an office building! I came up with one in Orilla, Ontario, it has a third floor and it has dental offices and medical offices there see here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...DSBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1
Then I decided to do a check for a Lincoln Motel in Canada, yes there is one and it's in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario!! The distance between these two places is about 140 miles (223km to be exact)See here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
However, as excited as I got about that, it just tells me that she once was in Canada! May have stayed there awhile, but may not have been reported missing from there!
To answer the question about businesses, as of now there looks to be a huge trucking company there, a Valero station and a small restaurant and other businesses that have to do with the shipping industry! Cherry Doe could've been riding with a trucker! See the satellite street view here : http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&a...2qBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1
I'll let y'all check these out and give me some opinions and input, gonna go look for some Canada ladies that are missing! :)

Re: The Phillips Ins. Note, I am seeing I-5 South or 35 South and then Fla written there! Is that what y'all see? I have found that Interstate 5 runs through California, Washington and Oregon. I am confused about the Fla, though,35 South runs from Mexico to Minnesota :confused: There's also some numbers, the first one I can make out as a two (2)

Here's a pic of the note, alone and I have highlighted what I could see:

Attachments

• Copy of Cherry Doe in ACC. Misc Papers Ins-Note.jpg
    Copy of Cherry Doe in ACC. Misc Papers Ins-Note.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 367
It could also be 15 S--as in I-15, which runs right through that area. It could also say 35 S as in Street, or it could be a RT 35.
Re: The Phillips Ins. Note, I am seeing I-5 South or 35 South and then Fla written there! Is that what y'all see? I have found that Interstate 5 runs through California, Washington and Oregon. I am confused about the Fla, though,35 South runs from Mexico to Minnesota :confused: There's also some numbers, the first one I can make out as a two (2)

Here's a pic of the note, alone and I have highlighted what I could see:

JD's facial structure is unusual and distinctive,asymetrical, is this due to the manner of her death?
None of the missing mentioned look like her IMO but this might be explained if it was caused by brain injuries in the accident
Anyone?
:confused:

Do we like Julianne for comparison if so I am going to contact her LE contacts today to see what other information is available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back