1315 users online (261 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK - Norman, NtvFem UP6727, 30-45, at Lake Thunderbird, Aug'08

The victim was found at Lake Thunderbird in Cleveland County on August 31, 2008. Investigators say it appears she had been buried in a shallow grave and may have been there between three and 12 months before her body was discovered.

~snip~

The medical examiner's office believes the victim was a white female, possibly with Native American heritage who was about 5-foot-5 and between 30 and 45 years of age. They also say it appears she had at least one child.

A distinctive sunburst tattoo was on a large part of the victim's back. Investigators sent photo copies of the tattoo to surrounding states hoping someone in the tattoo business may recognize the work, but so far there haven't been any leads.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0409/618321.html

Photo: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Press_Room/20...D_REMAINS.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-26-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

bumping - the following MPs have been RULED OUT as being this Jane Doe (according to NAMUS):

Chin Suk Beshears
    Elizabeth Campbell
    Mary Jane Clayton
    Christine Julian
    Stacey Kelekoma
    Gloria King
    Meredith Medina
    Hope Meek
    Melissa Montoya

p.s. because of the Native American ancestry, she is classified on NAMUS as an "Asian female" - here is her NAMUS profile:

https://identifyus.org/cases/6727
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

I see a definite similarity but there are a few unexplainable things too.

1. If they were able to see a tattoo on the back, why did they not see Rose's tattoos on the wrist?

2. Rose was 500 miles away in Omaha. There is no indication she was a wanderer.

3. Rose appears to have black hair and description is for light brown.

4. UID had fantastic teeth, apparently, as she had no fillings or caps. Not exactly what you'd expect for a homeless woman like Rose.

That being said, there is a similarity....height age facial..... Interesting to note that UID had mandibular tori (bony ridges in the mouth). Wikipedia says..."Mandibular tori are more common in Asian and Inuit populations". I'm guessing thats where the native american association comes in.

The distance doesn't bother me so much....homeless people can be somewhat transient....but I think you're right about the tattoo and the teeth....back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Nice try, but I doubt that it is her. The back tattoo is too distinctive that it would most definately be listed on any missing persons report.

Could that tattoo be a tribal tattoo?

Carmen Mares

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8418/14/

Quote Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
    Could that tattoo be a tribal tattoo?

Carmen Mares

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8418/14/
    I think "tribal" refers to the common black curvy line art tattoo style. This isn't exactly tribal in my book although I did wonder if the UIDs was actually a sun or a star or something else. It has a blue band that seemed a little strange for a sun. Although, some people may get a tattoo just because it looks cool instead of having any meaning

Quote Originally Posted by ebbie View Post
    I think "tribal" refers to the common black curvy line art tattoo style. This isn't exactly tribal in my book although I did wonder if the UIDs was actually a sun or a star or something else. It has a blue band that seemed a little strange for a sun. Although, some people may get a tattoo just because it looks cool instead of having any meaning
    I might be completely off base here, but I think it's a sun and moon- the blue band is the moon. I know I've seen a similar design elsewhere, though the art style was a bit different. A quick google shows this example, but the style I'm thinking of was definitely less cartoony and similar to the tattoo. I'm pretty sure the one I'm thinking of was Ojibwa/Ojibway/Ojibwe, so it wouldn't surprise me if a similar idea in a different "style" appears in several native communities. The star to the left of the sun would support this idea as well.

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4286/0/

I think Alicia Digna might be a fair possible because of the spinal correlations and hole in the cranium matches.

I realize its a far distance, and the timing is pretty tight...and the tattoo was not listed among Alicia's tattoos...

Alicia is bi-racial, but hispanic and white.

I had done some sleuthing on the tattoo, and found a picture that was similar and gives a good idea of what it would look like on a live person
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

I don't understand why she's thought to have been buried for 3-12 months but there is still a visible tattoo. Would there be any after being buried for a year?

The location of the tattoo is where her scar would have been from having the two vertebrae fused. Maybe she got the tattoo to help cover up the surgical scar. I've had two of my lumbar vertebrae fused, and the scar is right above the spine in my lower back area. She had two thoracic vertebrae fused, which would have left a scar towards the middle of her back over her spine. And that's exactly where her tattoo is located.

JMO but the tattoos on her wrist might not be enough to rule Rose Fields out because Namus says

Body was skeletonized and decomposed, this tattoo was the only one recovered.
    I wouldn't take it as indication that the UID definitely had only one tattoo while alive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast