MD MD - Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman, 15, Hagerstown, 6 April 1984

UMfanforever

Reaction score
As you can tell from my screenname, I'm a big fan of the show Unsolved Mysteries. The case of Lori Zimmerman was profiled in 1990 on Unsolved Mysteries as part of a larger feature on psychic (now deceased) Dorothy Allison. She had a hit and miss record according to the New York Times , frequently naming irrelevant/inaccurate things, sometimes naming several suspects that did not exist. The segment from Unsolved is now up on YouTube under Dorothy Allison.

There is nothing on the web about this case, which has not been solved as of 2009, except for the Maryland State Police website, so I thought I'd add a thread here for it.

According to Lori Zimmerman's cousin on the Unsolved Mysteries board, the police did not take her case seriously at first because they thought she was a run-away. As of June 2008, her cousin said that it still remained unsolved.

I have included screencaps of Lori - these are from the 1990 segment , which is not of the best quality. Being that she was 15 in 1984, that would have made her birthdate in 1969.

Here is info on Lori Zimmerman.

LORI ZIMMERMAN
(LORRAINE ZIMMERMAN)

l_69a0458b3e734f0b907ab47a336d16f3.jpg

Lorraine (nmi) Zimmerman
Case #: P-64-04364

Age / Sex / Race: 15 / Female / White Location of Homicide: Wooded area off Reno Monument Road, 3.6 miles South of Boonsboro

County: Washington Date / Time: 4 / 6 / 1984

Cause of Death: Strangulation

Details: Lori Zimmerman had ridden the school bus home from high school 04-06-1984. She had stopped at a friend’s home for about 10 minutes then left. Ms. Zimmerman did not come home that evening. Friends were contacted and they denied having seen Lori. Lori’s mother filed a missing persons report with the Hagerstown Police Department. On 04-14-1984 two persons walking in a wooded area off Reno Monument road discovered the partially clothed body of Lori Zimmerman. Death was attributed to manual strangulation.

Investigator: Detective Sergeant John Cook
Maryland State Police - Cold Case Unit
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Maryland 21208
410-290-0050
jgcook@mdsp.org

l_32056cb47aa84716b3682bc6c0a5a068.jpg

http://www.mdsp.org/hsib/cold_case_details.asp?identifier=63

As you can tell from my screenname, I'm a big fan of the show Unsolved Mysteries. The case of Lori Zimmerman was profiled in 1990 on Unsolved Mysteries as part of a larger feature on psychic (now deceased) Dorothy Allison. She had a hit and miss record according to the New York Times , frequently naming irrelevant/inaccurate things, sometimes naming several suspects that did not exist. The segment from Unsolved is now up on YouTube under Dorothy Allison.

There is nothing on the web about this case, which has not been solved as of 2009, except for the Maryland State Police website, so I thought I'd add a thread here for it.

According to Lori Zimmerman's cousin on the Unsolved Mysteries board, the police did not take her case seriously at first because they thought she was a run-away. As of June 2008, her cousin said that it still remained unsolved.

I have included screencaps of Lori - these are from the 1990 segment , which is not of the best quality. Being that she was 15 in 1984, that would have made her birthdate in 1969.

Here is info on Lori Zimmerman.

LORI ZIMMERMAN
(LORRAINE ZIMMERMAN)

View attachment 3543

Lorraine (nmi) Zimmerman
Case #: P-64-04364

Age / Sex / Race: 15 / Female / White Location of Homicide: Wooded area off Reno Monument Road, 3.6 miles South of Boonsboro

County: Washington Date / Time: 4 / 6 / 1984

Cause of Death: Strangulation

Details: Lori Zimmerman had ridden the school bus home from high school 04-06-1984. She had stopped at a friend’s home for about 10 minutes then left. Ms. Zimmerman did not come home that evening. Friends were contacted and they denied having seen Lori. Lori’s mother filed a missing persons report with the Hagerstown Police Department. On 04-14-1984 two persons walking in a wooded area off Reno Monument road discovered the partially clothed body of Lori Zimmerman. Death was attributed to manual strangulation.

Investigator: Detective Sergeant John Cook
Maryland State Police - Cold Case Unit
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Maryland 21208
410-290-0050
jgcook@mdsp.org

View attachment 3544

http://www.mdsp.org/hsib/cold_case_details.asp?identifier=63
QUOTE...The case of Lori Zimmerman was profiled in 1990 on Unsolved Mysteries as part of a larger feature on psychic (now deceased) Dorothy Allison. She had a hit and miss record according to the New York Times , frequently naming irrelevant/inaccurate things, sometimes naming several suspects that did not exist. The segment from Unsolved is now up on YouTube under Dorothy Allison....END OF QUOTE

...................I miss her........Dorothy Allison....i was and still am a admirer of hers.....even though at times Dorothy had so called hit and misses....the thing i admired about her .......... it was those times she was correct that kept her going, she knew , at times, that to offer correct information, when asked , to supply that correct information, she may have to offer incorrect information, unbeknown to her at the time, ........she would only get involved at times, on certain cases, when asked, especially by a family member on the case she was being asked to get involved in, for she knew that just getting involved when not ask, could do more harm, or no good at all,........ she was not a detective, just a reciever of spiritual information, so at times, it was up to LE to decide what connected, and what didnot connect, from the information she supplied after her interpretation, of what spirit had shown her, and she knew better then most, a blood family member, would be able to validate, confirm possible information as correct or not, when others, especially LE would discount it as having no meaning, but a family mmember could make that connection, that LE couldnot. ..... it was up to LE to either validate through confirmation of the information she gave, as to wether it applied or not, for at times LE didnot give Dorothy everything they had about a case..., if asked by the family, Dorothy would gladly get involved when she could...for there was/ is a blood connection, a direct link to the person, on the case she may had been working on at the time.....she understood, that one is only as good as ones interpretation of what they are being showed by spirit, as to whether or not it is accurate information and pertaining to the case he or she may be working on at the time.....and at times, she may had been recieveing information on another case, instead of the one presently at hand at the time......she knew, when working on a case, there would be times the things she seen, was showned from spirit, the information she recieved from spirit, may or may not pertain to the case she was working on........but she would supply that information anyways, regardless if she was enterpreting the information correctly or not....that is what i admired the most about her, it wasnt about being right all the time, but having the understanding and acceptance one would be wrong at times, because of misinterpretation of what one is being shown from spirit........ ,,,,,,,,,,it was about trying to help slove a case she was working on,and not being right all the time..........for she knew, that even though there would be things that did pertain to the case, there would be pieces of the puzzle there, somewhere that perhaps would connect, either by LE, or a family member themselves ..........spirit at times, will change things, or add or remove things.....that would change what she had thought was an accurate enterpretation.......for example, a case she would be working on, she would see a bouquet of red roses.......the way it was presented to her, would indicate that it had something to do with the case she was working on, so she would give that information..............only to find out later perhaps, over time when it would reappear, that it had nothing to do with the case, it was spirits way of just saying hello to her.........but being the person she was/is it didnt bother her in posting the information, only to find out later perhaps it had no meaning to the case..................that is what was going on with her at times, when its reported about her hit and miss information..........there are some persons out there, whom are only concernd about being right most of the time, and wont for a reason be honest and admit that not all information given will apply to a case..Not Dorthy, she understood this, and it didnot bother her at all, about being wrong with her interpretation of what she was being showned, for she knew in the end, there would be things she interpreted correctly, that would help slove some of the cases she was working on.......and i love her for that honesty...RIP Dorthy,and i truely miss and shall love you always..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIrulalzrno

here is the link to the you tube video.
the video is poor, and the sound not very good.......but its still OK
just keep in mind, when watching or reading about Dorothy........

there were times when she KNEW what she was seeing came from spirit, there were times when she KNEW what she was seeing came from herself, and there were times when what she was seeing was the 50/50 equation......meaning not sure if it came from spirit or herself in her visions, but she was one of the best at determining which was which...........i wish she was here today, to help on some of this cold cases.......i would take her 50/50 any day!!

Just sad that this case gets absolutely no attention. NO articles whatsoever in any newspapers ..ever.

I'm sorry that I don't have any information to help you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm glad she has you to help find her killer(s).
And I too was a fan of Unsolved Mysteries. There is one story in particular that I have wondered about, but that is for another thread at another time.

Someone has to give a damn, because apparently no one else does, not a single newspaper article on her in the archives.

From 1999:

"
Sgt. Otis Whitaker, with the Maryland State Police Cold Case Unit, said Wednesday that he recently reviewed the case file in the April 1984 death of 15-year-old Loraine Zimmerman. He said he expects Zimmerman's death and Goldie Elizabeth Fritz's March 1979 death to be "looked at hard" soon by cold case investigators.
State Police Detective Sgt. John Cook said the two cases have been assigned to two investigators with the homicide unit who worked in the Hagerstown barracks.
Whitaker said that with cold cases, investigators must focus on one case at a time. He said that the unit has focused recent efforts on solving a Cecil County, Md., cold case. He said police got a break in that case, but he could not go into detail about the investigation Wednesday.
King said the Hagerstown Police Department's detectives have been assigned to each of the department's three cold cases in an effort to familiarize them with the circumstances, people and facts in each case."

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=158556&format=print

From 2004:

"
Cook, who is one of two cold-case investigators with the Maryland State Police homicide unit in Columbia, Md., said he was in the process of investigating a few cold cases outside Washington County, but has plans to investigate the unsolved death of 15-year-old Loraine Zimmerman at the end of this year.

Zimmerman's body was found on April 14, 1984, under large pieces of cardboard weighted down by rocks 3.6 miles south of Boonsboro and about 70 yards south of Reno Monument Road. She had been beaten, raped and strangled.

Zimmerman was last seen leaving her aunt's house in downtown Hagerstown eight days before her body was found.

Cook said that police likely will reinterview witnesses in Zimmerman's case toward the end of this year.

"We have the file pulled," he said."

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=91074&format=html

Lori's murder will be difficult to look for to find facts because of the year she was murdered.

Not all newspapers have their archives available to search on the internet.

That means we would have to find the newspapers that published within her community, and to contact those newspapers and pay a fee to have an archival search done. If articles are found, then a fee would apply to purchase hardcopies and have them mailed to one of us.

I'm not seeing anything available at the time of the crime on the internet.

We also have some ppl here that are great with maps. Creating and posting maps of Points of interest within a case to this board. That might help us get an idea of what kind of geography we are talking here. But we have to keep in mind that many things have possibly changed since 1984.

There just isn't enough information about Lori right now out there on the internet. When I did a search of her name and the County she was found, I only found 9 entries, and the only one about her was yours.

She deserves justice. Rest in Peace Lori and I am praying that your murderer is brought to justice very soon.

From 2004:

"
Cook, who is one of two cold-case investigators with the Maryland State Police homicide unit in Columbia, Md., said he was in the process of investigating a few cold cases outside Washington County, but has plans to investigate the unsolved death of 15-year-old Loraine Zimmerman at the end of this year.

Zimmerman's body was found on April 14, 1984, under large pieces of cardboard weighted down by rocks 3.6 miles south of Boonsboro and about 70 yards south of Reno Monument Road. She had been beaten, raped and strangled.

Zimmerman was last seen leaving her aunt's house in downtown Hagerstown eight days before her body was found.

Cook said that police likely will reinterview witnesses in Zimmerman's case toward the end of this year.

"We have the file pulled," he said."

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=91074&format=html

any information on the outcome of this back 2004?........any reports anywhere you know of?

as the post before this one mentioned, a map showing poi woulld help, ....i like to see a map with ...Zimmerman was last seen leaving her aunt's house in downtown Hagerstown eight days before her body was found..............a map with this house or area in downtown hagerstown, and the direction she was walking, and where she was walking to, and the last place that they found her.......

i wish we could establish a connection, with a local reporter there, whom would be kind enough to keep us updated on this case.....one whom wouuld take an interest, and check with LE on a regular baisics for updates etc, and come here and let us know...........we dont need to know everything LE has, i understand that........but if they have hit a serious roadblock in there investigation, or just have to many pieces of a puzzle, that dont fit together............they could let the reporter come here and ask a question about it.................

They have hit a roadblock, that is why this case is cold.
What is that roadblock, tell us what they are missing or unsure of or confused about............SOMETHING........

And then perhaps, we can see some things, they be over looking and or make a connection, open a new path, road for them to travel, that is what we want to do,

("We want to help LE solve this case, we are not trying to slove it for them".......)
I WISH THEY UNDERSTOOD THAT ABOUT ALL THESE COLD CASES!!

Maybe we should start a thread for NEWS-REPORTERS, and a thread for LE, to come here on there own, and post cases there working on, and leave us questions or whatever so we can offer our assistance, to help remove that road block........just an idea i have been thinking about.

I guess this will never be solved, no one else has spoken up on it

we will solve it one day, once it gets moving again.
I am going to restudy the Dorthy video....that is a good piece of information, it has LE involved in it, and taking us to places of interest.

Another suggestion is that Lori's case does not have an internet presence. Information just isn't out there.

Perhaps you could create a myspace and/or facebook page for her UMfanforever. If you do not wish to do so, let us know and perhaps someone here can create a page for her.

I think it would be good to contact the Det. and ask politely if there is a good picture of her. Also, I think it would be good to seperate the facts of the case from the psychics impressions on the page. No disrespect meant to the psychic. It's just that some ppl aren't so open to psychic impressions and may prefer to read only the facts.

In order for anyone that may have information to come forward to the LE ~~it's important for the public to see that there is an interest in Lori's murder and that the there are those that do care if justice is served.

Reminder: We must always be cautious when we approach cases like this that we do not offend the family members and we do not insert ourselves into a murder investigation. JMHO.

I don't really think a MySpace page is going to help .No one uses MySpace anymore anyway.

I don't really think a MySpace page is going to help .No one uses MySpace anymore anyway.
I still use it regularly, along with some other frends of mine. There are still people on there, although it may be a smaller presence then it used to be. It could still be worth it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back