1355 users online (304 members and 1051 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Vegas entertainer Danny Gans dies at 52

Wow, so young and sounds unexpected:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/0...ans/index.html

Singer-impressionist-comedian Danny Gans died early Friday at his Las Vegas home, according to the hotel where he was based.

Gans, 52, was voted Las Vegas "Entertainer of the Year" for 11 of the 13 years he was based there.
    There was no immediate word on the cause of death.
    "Everybody knew that when they came to Vegas the one show they had to see was Danny Gans," said Robin Leach, who covers the Vegas entertainment scene on his Web site.
    Hotel mogul Steve Wynn, who signed Gans to star in his Encore Theatre in February, said he was "devastated at the loss of our brilliant, talented and loving friend."

"One of the most unique human beings and entertainers in the world has been taken from us in an unexpected moment," Wynn said. "A profoundly tragic event that leaves us all sad and speechless."
    Gans is survived by his wife, Julie, two daughters and a son.
    (more at link)

What a handsome man. Never got to see him in Vegas. I'm sure he'll be missed. I think my sister went twice to his shows & loved it.

Prayers to his wife & children.
    Last edited by PattyCake; 05-01-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Reporting from Las Vegas -- Impressionist Danny Gans, who parroted the likes of Frank Sinatra and Al Pacino on the Las Vegas Strip for more than a decade, died suddenly in his sleep this morning. He was 52.

Authorities were called to Gans' home in suburban Henderson, Nev., about 3:45 a.m., the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported today. A female caller said Gans was having breathing problems, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
    (more at link)

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...0,529059.story

I can't believe it. 52 years old. We've been to Vegas countless times and during our last trip there on the last night in town my husband and his brothers went to see him while us girls decided to do some last minute shopping for those items we felt like we HAD to have. My husband really enjoyed the show and said to me "You should have gone! I'll take you next time we come back! You'll love him!" Well...I guess I missed my chance. Unbelievable. I watched the video link to his last Larry King interview and it's hard to believe he's no longer alive. Sounds as though he was a really super nice guy who loved his family. I really feel for them right now. God Bless them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Reporting from Las Vegas -- Impressionist Danny Gans, who parroted the likes of Frank Sinatra and Al Pacino on the Las Vegas Strip for more than a decade, died suddenly in his sleep this morning. He was 52.

Authorities were called to Gans' home in suburban Henderson, Nev., about 3:45 a.m., the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported today. A female caller said Gans was having breathing problems, and he was pronounced dead at the scene. (more at link)
    http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...0,529059.story
    The article said he had breathing problems and was pronounced dead at the scene. I wonder if it was a heart attack or perhaps a blod clot in his lungs. Prayers for his family and friends.

R.i.p.

Amazing talent, one of a few rare ones such as Sammy Davis, Jr, who could to it ALL and supremely well.

I hadn't ever heard of Danny Gans until I happened to watch his February interview on LKL.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sho...danny.gans.cnn

Sending heartfelt condolences to his family and friends as they cope with his immense loss.

Coroner: Danny Gans died accidentally
    LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans' death was accidental, caused by a prescription painkiller, a coroner said Tuesday.
    Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said an autopsy, toxicology and microscopic samples showed the 52-year-old Gans died from toxic levels of hydromorphone. The opiate drug, commonly marketed under the brand name Dilaudid, is used to treat chronic pain, which Gans suffered from, Murphy said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090609/...s_danny_gans_7