2009.05.01 ISSUES:w/JVM

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM is also talking about reasonable doubt! I am really getting nervous about this case. Thank you for starting this thread. I have always wanted one for JVM

Jane saying she believes the documents are convoluted to make the defense do as much work as possible to figure things out (roughly translated).

Jane saying she believes the documents are convoluted to make the defense do as much work as possible to figure things out (roughly translated).

Oh, I hope so! They could not test for chloroform due to decomp:(

Problem with today's doc dump seems to be more focused on what's NOT in the discovery than what is ... case in point ... no testing of the chloroform ... why?

Jane discussing Richard Cain and how he failed to thoroughly investigate the remains site.

Jane Weintraub wondering why he (Cain) is worried about his job when he should be more worried about making a false statement.

Ugly coping like the "Twinkie" defense ... Dr. Dale Archer calling it "ugly groping". Not recognized in the psychiatric/scientific community ... she lied, was non-cooperative, was partying long before her child alleged to have gone missing ...

Chloroform is a by product of decomp. That is what they are saying. I really was hoping for more from the tox results.

Back to documents discussion - Jane asking if we will have to wait for trial to get to the crux of the evidence. (She seems to agree with those who are disappointed with the contents of today's doc dump ... where's the beef (my words)?

Jane suggesting the prosecution narrow it down b/c if the jury is flooded with all this "garbage" (minutia) they may throw their hands up.

It seems to me that KC can convicted on the circumstantial evidence alone.

Prosecutors do not have to use any or all of what they are required by law to turn over to the defense (discovery). What we are seeing is not necessarily what will be presented at trial.

That's all for tonight's show.

60 pair of handcuffs??? Pleeease JVM, 60 zipties, maybe...

Problem with today's doc dump seems to be more focused on what's NOT in the discovery than what is ... case in point ... no testing of the chloroform ... why?

The FBI lab did not test for chloroform. But it is my understanding that the SA's office sent that out to another lab to have the chloroform test done anyway.

The FBI lab did not test for chloroform. But it is my understanding that the SA's office sent that out to another lab to have the chloroform test done anyway.

Wow, didn't know that! Thanks!

If they have ruled out drugs via hair samples, and chloroform as either a decomp by-product or specimen unsuitable for testing, I am wondering what the probable COD is. I realize that the state doesn't have to prove a COD (Laci Peterson), but they have alleged murder punishable by death, so I assume that they are withholding something devastating to the defense, like KC's prints on the duct tape. My inference from reading the reports is that they have not definitively ruled out her prints on tape, as they have with the other As. This makes me wonder if it could acually be possible that she drowned due to negligence or some other scenario. And yet that also makes no sense, as who would go on trial for their life if it was at worst manslaughter or negligent homicide? I have to believe we are still missing great chunks of forensic evidence that will convict KC. But they haven't yet tipped their hand if that's so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth