Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: 2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included) #2

  1. #1

    2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included) #2

    Here is George's deposition on video:

    http://www.forthepeople.com/

    ETA: Note that some people are having problems with the video skipping, and I am now getting a 'Video Not Found' error.


    Transcript: http://www.forthepeople.com/GAnthony-Depo.pdf

    I recommend right clicking the link for the transcript and saving it to your hard disk, then opening it from there. I had some problems opening it directly (possibly the number of people trying to access it).


    ETA: WESH now has a Video excerpt as well as the PDF file of the transcript:
    http://www.wesh.com/news/19139883/detail.html


    ETA: Part 1 is back up and apparantly the outage was due to them loading Part 2, which is also now posted.

    I'm not getting skipping now on Part 1!

    http://www.forthepeople.com/


    ETA: Part 1 video now posted on WFTV:

    http://www.wftv.com/video/19140766/index.html

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Thanks!
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    The A's sure want to be in charge if the depos. Morgan was asking what KC bought for the house and when GA decides he doesn't wanna talk about it anymore the accuses Morgan of putting words in his mouth----GA says, "We'll end that conversation right there". "I suggest you go to another question, Sir." "I don't think thats relevant, here Sir." "I'm not gonna answer this any further with that".

    Why side step when being ask simple questions? I have seen peeps say that Morgan was harassing with the questions. What I was seeing was Morgan trying to get an answer to a question and not gettin an answer. Why couldn't GA just say. "KC never contributed to the household, that I know of". If they dropped the attitude and just get on with it---it wouldn't be so bad.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post
    The A's sure want to be in charge if the depos. Morgan was asking what KC bought for the house and when GA decides he doesn't wanna talk about it anymore the accuses Morgan of putting words in his mouth----GA says, "We'll end that conversation right there". "I suggest you go to another question, Sir." "I don't think thats relevant, here Sir." "I'm not gonna answer this any further with that".

    Why side step when being ask simple questions? I have seen peeps say that Morgan was harassing with the questions. What I was seeing was Morgan trying to get an answer to a question and not gettin an answer. Why couldn't GA just say. "KC never contributed to the household, that I know of". If they dropped the attitude and just get on with it---it wouldn't be so bad.

    Both him and Cindy had trouble answering the most basic questions ..
    Last edited by JBean; 05-02-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: removed names

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marla For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    GA gives the impression (to me anyway) that he doesn't think he nor his family should "have" to answer to anybody. Not even the "Laws of the Land". Strange thinking for me. I have to answer to everybody who goes to and from my life, and I ask the same for the peeps I deal with in my life. 99 1/2 % of that is "truth". Maybe even more % than that.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,817
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post
    The A's sure want to be in charge if the depos. Morgan was asking what KC bought for the house and when GA decides he doesn't wanna talk about it anymore the accuses Morgan of putting words in his mouth----GA says, "We'll end that conversation right there". "I suggest you go to another question, Sir." "I don't think thats relevant, here Sir." "I'm not gonna answer this any further with that".

    Why side step when being ask simple questions? I have seen peeps say that Morgan was harassing with the questions. What I was seeing was Morgan trying to get an answer to a question and not gettin an answer. Why couldn't GA just say. "KC never contributed to the household, that I know of". If they dropped the attitude and just get on with it---it wouldn't be so bad.
    Could it have had anything to do with the other case against Casey? Perhaps they didn't want to openly admit that she had no money and hence, establishing a "motive" for her to steal. Just thinking...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,777
    The A's have done a superb job of filling in all of the blanks that their daughter left blank! To her detriment. If they'd just shut up, there would have been oh-so-much-more "reasonable doubt"! I have no doubts whatsoever that she is guilty as sin of having murdered her daughter but lately...after much time and consideration...and after having watched these two (parent "clowns")...I'm slowly but surely starting to come to some other potential conclusions...

    We've all been shocked and appauled by their behavior. Many theories have been thrown out...weird family secrets, incest, etc...

    What if...What if...They're all hanging on by a thread because maybe - just maybe because - Georgie Porgie found Caylee in the trunk and to save his daughter and wife, threw her and the bag onto Suburban? Could that have happened? If he did that before he brought the car home and didn't tell CA until several hours later after LE had left...Any reason why it wouldn't fit?

    IMO - KC definitely is entirely responsible for Caylee's death but could GA's involvement in the cover up be the reason this weirdo family continues to stick together???

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Fools is not harsh at all, I don't understand the edit ..

    Back on topic ..

    Both Cindy and George have been behaving foolishly since July 15 ..
    I don't consider this to be name-calling, more like just saying it as it is ..

    Why wouldn't they just answer the questions asked?
    Instead, they became combative over basic questions and behaved like fools ..

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marla For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    The A's have done a superb job of filling in all of the blanks that their daughter left blank! To her detriment. If they'd just shut up, there would have been oh-so-much-more "reasonable doubt"! I have no doubts whatsoever that she is guilty as sin of having murdered her daughter but lately...after much time and consideration...and after having watched these two (parent "clowns")...I'm slowly but surely starting to come to some other potential conclusions...

    We've all been shocked and appauled by their behavior. Many theories have been thrown out...weird family secrets, incest, etc...

    What if...What if...They're all hanging on by a thread because maybe - just maybe because - Georgie Porgie found Caylee in the trunk and to save his daughter and wife, threw her and the bag onto Suburban? Could that have happened? If he did that before he brought the car home and didn't tell CA until several hours later after LE had left...Any reason why it wouldn't fit?

    IMO - KC definitely is entirely responsible for Caylee's death but could GA's involvement in the cover up be the reason this weirdo family continues to stick together???
    Hmmm....Good points as far as GA helping KC dispose of the bag. A few months ago I would not have thought that of him... but now, I am sitting here pondering that very thought with you - especially after the way that both he and CA have acted since their precious granddaughter has died. However, I'm not so sure about that possibility, because the very first night that KC was questioned by LE at the A's home, GA went up to Mr. Melich and told him that he thought something was up with his daughter and that he didn't think that she was telling them everything regarding their granddaughter. (If GA had assisted KC in disposing of the body, he was ready to throw her under the bus, rather than stick by her from the very beginning, as he is now doing). Just doesn't add up - although that family doesn't add up either.

    JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Am on the 3rd video and twice now I have seen GA really loose it.
    1. When Morgan used the word "remains" and then when he starts talking about gittin close to the car/gas cans.

    2. Won't answer any questions about the pool and ladder.

    3. Am on 4 now. I started doing something that I've never done before. I would do random pauses. Freeze his looks---connecting to what is being said. OMG---This man is---something is very upsittin about---this man has---well, he is evil.

    What were talkin bout last night? Diabolical? Not callin the man a bad name here. You should go try that. CA has a total opposite look about her.

    Well, if they had given me something to chew on (d-dump) then I wouldn't have to dwell of such. LMAO
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    He really get's upset about those gas cans. I agree with Pink. At first I thought that he was the only one in that family telling the truth. Now, I really feel like he may have covered up for kc...or worse, helped her dispose of little Caylee.

  23. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    886
    I just started watching George's depo again. I don't know why I insist on torturing myself

    I see where Casey gets that smug smirk she displays in court. George has that exact same look on his face. They really do think they're just so superior, don't they? George needs to keep his eyes open when he's lying, I mean speaking. That's a "tell" if I ever saw one!

    When George tells Mitnik he should "pronunciate" Zanny correctly and then spells it Zany, I just about fell off my chair! What a

    Ah well, I'm sure I'm just rehashing stuff that's been discussed already. Back to the video

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nyvictoria For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by marla View Post
    Fools is not harsh at all, I don't understand the edit ..

    Back on topic ..

    Both Cindy and George have been behaving foolishly since July 15 ..
    I don't consider this to be name-calling, more like just saying it as it is ..

    Why wouldn't they just answer the questions asked?
    Instead, they became combative over basic questions and behaved like fools ..
    Marla, ITA. They would have been better off saying, "I don't recall". They would have been lying just the same but at least they wouldn't have come off looking like...well...f***s.

    Edited myself...insert any 3 letters you deem appropriate
    Last edited by nyvictoria; 05-02-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: self edit

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nyvictoria For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Could it have had anything to do with the other case against Casey? Perhaps they didn't want to openly admit that she had no money and hence, establishing a "motive" for her to steal. Just thinking...
    I guess it could be that simple. But what the hay---the more they lie and side step, the worse it looks for KC and for them to, BTW.

    I know depos are way more than uncomfortable---but you have to do them. You know---it's like gittin pg. that baby will pass thru your body one day and there ain't no way to git out of it. Well, can't use that---one could always have an abortion. So does that make an abortion a lie? Half truth? Poot--guess it has nuttin to do with it at all.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post
    I guess it could be that simple. But what the hay---they more they lie and side step, the worse it looks for KC and for them to, BTW.

    I know depos are way more than uncomfortable---but you have to do them. You know---it's like gittin pg. that baby will pass thru your body one day and there ain't no way to git out of it. Well, can't use that---one could always have an abortion. So does that make an abortion a lie? Half truth? Poot--guess it has nuttin to do with it at all.
    Everyone who has ever watched court TV,CSI, etc. Knows that if you do not want to answer a question, just say "not that I recall" It is that simple. What he seems to be doing is answering questions alright, just giving different answers to the same questions that he has addressed before. He made so many statements to the media, LE, etc. Now he wants to be hostile? WTH?
    What happened to him to make him basically commit perjury? This is going to be some must watch TV when he is on the witness stand before a judge.

  30. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by marla View Post
    Both him and Cindy had trouble answering the most basic questions ..
    Yeah. KC lies, and her folks dodge, obfucsate, and rewrite history.

    E-N-T-I-T-L-E-M-E-N-T. BIG time!
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brini For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    The A's have done a superb job of filling in all of the blanks that their daughter left blank! To her detriment. If they'd just shut up, there would have been oh-so-much-more "reasonable doubt"! I have no doubts whatsoever that she is guilty as sin of having murdered her daughter but lately...after much time and consideration...and after having watched these two (parent "clowns")...I'm slowly but surely starting to come to some other potential conclusions...

    We've all been shocked and appauled by their behavior. Many theories have been thrown out...weird family secrets, incest, etc...

    What if...What if...They're all hanging on by a thread because maybe - just maybe because - Georgie Porgie found Caylee in the trunk and to save his daughter and wife, threw her and the bag onto Suburban? Could that have happened? If he did that before he brought the car home and didn't tell CA until several hours later after LE had left...Any reason why it wouldn't fit?

    IMO - KC definitely is entirely responsible for Caylee's death but could GA's involvement in the cover up be the reason this weirdo family continues to stick together???
    Pretty hard to speculate, because this weird-azz fam would prolly behave that way if KC was arrested for stealing fruit.

    That's why no one knows what to believe, about them.

    BTW-- Anybody but me think Lee always looks like he's wearing a lot of the wrong color of eye shadow? Or, maybe he's part raccoon?
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brini For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by marla View Post
    Fools is not harsh at all, I don't understand the edit ..

    Back on topic ..

    Both Cindy and George have been behaving foolishly since July 15 ..
    I don't consider this to be name-calling, more like just saying it as it is ..

    Why wouldn't they just answer the questions asked?
    Instead, they became combative over basic questions and behaved like fools ..
    But, you gotta know, the prosecution prolly LURVES them! The are GREAT for the State's case.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brini For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie0604 View Post
    Hmmm....Good points as far as GA helping KC dispose of the bag. A few months ago I would not have thought that of him... but now, I am sitting here pondering that very thought with you - especially after the way that both he and CA have acted since their precious granddaughter has died. However, I'm not so sure about that possibility, because the very first night that KC was questioned by LE at the A's home, GA went up to Mr. Melich and told him that he thought something was up with his daughter and that he didn't think that she was telling them everything regarding their granddaughter. (If GA had assisted KC in disposing of the body, he was ready to throw her under the bus, rather than stick by her from the very beginning, as he is now doing). Just doesn't add up - although that family doesn't add up either.
    Yeah, I don't think GA knew where the body was. I don't think he's involved. either.

    I think he's about as bright as his daughter, easily as entitled, and totally whipped.

    I think GA and CA knew that KC did it, fairly early on. But their thinly-veiled attempts to try to pry info out of her during their jail visits convinced me that they didn't know EXACTLY what happened.

    I am still entirely certain that KC acted alone.

    I'm not sure I ever remember a family with such talent for drawing negative attention t themselves.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brini For This Useful Post:


  38. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    Am in the 5th video. Close to the beginning GA is ask about smelling the car when they picked it up. Just watching him wade thru his mind before he answers is very telling. (to me). He did answer thro----finally.

    I think KC was 2 lazy to git rid of the body. Swy she just left the car at Amscot. She walked off and didn't have to deal with it any more.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  39. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    Yeah, I don't think GA knew where the body was. I don't think he's involved. either.

    I think he's about as bright as his daughter, easily as entitled, and totally whipped.

    I think GA and CA knew that KC did it, fairly early on. But their thinly-veiled attempts to try to pry info out of her during their jail visits convinced me that they didn't know EXACTLY what happened.

    I am still entirely certain that KC acted alone.

    I'm not sure I ever remember a family with such talent for drawing negative attention t themselves.
    I don't think any of us think that KC didn't act alone, at least up unto a point. What if she left Caylee in the trunk and abandoned the car thinking it would be stolen and the thief would be charged with kidnapping and murder?

    If her plan did not go the right way because the car was towed, a person with LE background could know that creating distance between the perp and the body might just cause enough confusion to cast reasonable doubt - AND at the very least remove the DP from the table. I don't think it's so farfetched.

    GA never asked her a single question about Caylee when they all visited KC in jail - CA and LA were pumping her for info. All he wanted to do was set up a meeting with LE. And his LE/FBI interviews he is truthful to a point but emphasizes the "pool accident" theory as an alternative. Maybe he thought if Caylee was found before she bonded out that it would cast enough doubt to at least safe KC's life. It's a reasonable alternative - for no other reason than her parents were quick to pick up and clean that Pontiac before they even attempted to locate their daughter - and it could explain some of KC's "frushtration" and anger toward her parents in jail. What if she really didn't know where the body was?
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cecybeans For This Useful Post:


  41. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydo View Post
    Everyone who has ever watched court TV,CSI, etc. Knows that if you do not want to answer a question, just say "not that I recall" It is that simple. What he seems to be doing is answering questions alright, just giving different answers to the same questions that he has addressed before. He made so many statements to the media, LE, etc. Now he wants to be hostile? WTH?
    What happened to him to make him basically commit perjury? This is going to be some must watch TV when he is on the witness stand before a judge.
    my bold

    Exactly my point. It's far better than getting all hot and bothered when asked "irrelevant" (read > pertinent) questions and he'd only look like only half an

    I still can't get over the fact that he and Cindy were not even remotely on the same page with their answers. Is George so far out of the family loop that he and Cindy did not discuss their answers prior to the depo?

    George gets a little touchy about his employment as a Deputy Sheriff. He tells Mitnick he was in LE for "ten years of my life". Why qualify it, "...of my life"? I'll bet there are some serious reasons why he only put in 10 years. I doubt it was a disability, real or faked. I think he got jammed up with something. I'd love to know if his pension indicates a disability (usually pays more than straight retirement). Something caused him to "retire" and not only did he leave the Sheriff's Dept., he picked up his family and left town!

    I've had enough for one night. I think I'll read the rest of it. It's too "frushtrating" to have to look at him! He belongs in the Anthony Family Wing of the OC jail.

  42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nyvictoria For This Useful Post:


  43. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,485
    One thang that made me LMAO in this depo was when Morgan was asking about Caylee being handed to CA instead of KC and GA says that CA had to take the baby because KC had an episiotomy <---(don't know how to spell for) sure and couldn't take the baby. That is the lamest thang I have ever heard. Wonder where he got this info from. CA? Excuse me? Why wasn't KC able to hold the baby after having that done? I had 4 babies and I held each one of them and took them home and carried them. Sounds worse than it is, I guess to a man---maybe?

    http://www.babycenter.com/0_episiotomy_165.bc
    An episiotomy is a surgical cut in the muscular area between the vagina and the anus (the area called the perineum) made just before delivery to enlarge your vaginal opening.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)


    "THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAMABEAR For This Useful Post:


  45. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,817
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMABEAR View Post
    Am on the 3rd video and twice now I have seen GA really loose it.
    1. When Morgan used the word "remains" and then when he starts talking about gittin close to the car/gas cans.

    2. Won't answer any questions about the pool and ladder.

    3. Am on 4 now. I started doing something that I've never done before. I would do random pauses. Freeze his looks---connecting to what is being said. OMG---This man is---something is very upsittin about---this man has---well, he is evil.

    What were talkin bout last night? Diabolical? Not callin the man a bad name here. You should go try that. CA has a total opposite look about her.

    Well, if they had given me something to chew on (d-dump) then I wouldn't have to dwell of such. LMAO
    ...and IRC...with pretty much every outburst he somehow effectively put off answering the difficult questions.

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)
    By BeanE in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 858
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 02:53 PM
  2. Video: Interview with Cindy and George Anthony Today
    By MADJGNLAW in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 367
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 08:09 PM
  3. 2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added
    By summermood32 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •