1114 users online (212 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ramifications of a Not Guilty Verdict in Casey Anthony Case

This thread is for speculation of the possible ramifications if Casey is found Not Guilty.
    What could be the reasons if she is found not guilty?
    What would this say about our legal/justice system?
    What would ithis imply about 24/7 news, legal TV shows (i.e. JVM, NG and the like)
    What does the internet have to do with it?
    What might Casey's life, the A's look like?
    What might this say about Orlando's LE?
    What could this imply about having a high priced legal team (though we still can't figure out who is paying for it)
    What does this say about a high profile case?
    Will there be justice for baby Caylee?

Your thoughts? Do you think this could be a possibility?

I think that there is a greater possibility that Casey will be found not guilty now that the DP is on the table. As much as JB makes my skin crawl, he does have a point when he states that death is an irrevocable sentence. Unless there is some solid incriminating evidence that we are yet to see, I fear that the circumstantial evidence presented thus far is insufficient for a guilty verdict.
    Media sources will often rush to judgment for the sake of ratings. Many of Casey's Photobucket icons and social media-site pictures should, IMO, be inadmissible in court.
    As repugnant as I find her behavior as it has been reported, her personal life is really none of my business. Her partying, peeing and puking are her own business, and I was certainly not an angel myself at her age; Nor am I now. All that is pertinent from a legal standpoint are the facts, regardless of what "my gut" tells me.
    Yes, my gut tells me that she did this, or was very deeply involved. She was Caylee's mother, supposed to be her guardian and champion, and therefore is by no means innocent. Unfortunately, whether or not she is Guilty of murder remains unclear.

Good thought prevoking post. I myself have thought what would happen if she got off. I would be totally po'd and very upset. I have been so into this case. Have had dreams about Caylee that came true. I cried when they found little Caylee. I read WS everyday. I pour over the documents.

I feel most likely I would need someone to talk to if she got off.

The Anthony's would need to move. I predict if she got off, there will be protestors outside the court and outside their house.

Could I blame LE? No... Will I blame the high powered lawyers on her defense. Yes! Why? Because it just goes to show, when you have money and your cute, justice doesn't rule in the publics favor. And that angers me. If that ever happened to me, I would be thrown in jail and the key thrown away and forgotten about.

And if she is found not guilty, KC has gotten away with murder. She will never learn anything in life because all she has done is smile, lie, steal, backstab people, and she knows she can get away with it. The A's will support her with their love and their money and she will get what she wants.

I will never forget Caylee...never! May justice be served.

Hope this makes sense. Past my bedtime.

I agree with every one here. If she is found not guilty, I really feel that the family and especially KC will be in great danger from public violence. Just remembering the scene outside of the Anthony house earlier this year, I truly feel something horrible will happen. Even OJ Simpson was not as hated as she is, IMO. Because of little Caylee's age, it will be bad. Please do not think that I in any way advocate this, I just think that is the way it will be.

Unfortunately, I see it as a real possibility. No, if it happens, there will be no justice for Caylee.

But, KC won't be the first or the last person to get away with murder.

I don't see the Anthonys welcoming her back with open arms, however.

In five years, CA and GA will be living somewhere else under new names and KC will be living on the street. My opinion, only.

I've been pondering starting a thread on this very subject since Fridays doc dump. I'm so glad you started it Pattymarie. Personally, I wonder if KC is found not guilty if she would even make it past the courthouse steps. I believe her life would be in grave danger because of the public outrage. I'm even wondering if the entire family might have to go into a witness protection type program for their own safety...as we've seen from the protesters at the Anthony home, people are more than a little angry with all of them.

My posts represent my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
    I think that there is a greater possibility that Casey will be found not guilty now that the DP is on the table. As much as JB makes my skin crawl, he does have a point when he states that death is an irrevocable sentence. Unless there is some solid incriminating evidence that we are yet to see, I fear that the circumstantial evidence presented thus far is insufficient for a guilty verdict.

Snipped and bolded by me.

What we are forgetting is that although the DP is an option, most likely the SA's office will have "lesser included" charges. So not only will murder 1 be an option for a jury, so will murder 2. (as well as other charges). So if for any reason a panelist feels it wasn't premeditated...they can vote for murder 2.

In either event. The DP is part of the sentencing phase. So even if a conviction is gained on a murder 1 charge...she can still get life w/o parole and not the DP. I know...some people may be reluctant to convict on a murder 1 know the DP is a possibility. Hence, the lesser included charges as additional options.
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 05-03-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: fix quote link back
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

I have thought about this possibility from time to time.
    Even if Casey were to be found not guilty, there are still charges that can put her away for a long time because of the check stealing and forgeries she has done, since she was caught on camera there should be no doubt of her guilt there!
    "The Beautiful Life" that Casey envisioned will never be Imo and the life of her parents will never be the same either. If she was some day able to walk our free and clear, where will she go? Can you imagine the "drama" if she is under the same roof as C&G again? There is no Caylee for them to consider to stop them from kicking her out now. What man would ever be interested in her now? Sure there might be a few who want to use her, but she'll be used and then tossed out. There will be no Happily Ever After!
    We are not at the end of this saga yet, but I do picture that she'll be found guilty, every fiber of common sense screams for it, and one day the house on Hopespring will be empty. The day Caylee was murdered was also the day life as they knew it was killed for her entire family, it will haunt all of them and I'm sorry but they are just not well enough to recover.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric's_Iguana View Post
    Unfortunately, I see it as a real possibility. No, if it happens, there will be no justice for Caylee.

But, KC won't be the first or the last person to get away with murder.

I don't see the Anthonys welcoming her back with open arms, however.

In five years, CA and GA will be living somewhere else under new names and KC will be living on the street.
    My opinion, only.
    Bolded by me...Don't forget about the check charges. She will be sitting in jail for a while.

Let's say she hear's those words "not guilty", she won't be walking out the door right then and there. She will be brought back to her cell pending other charges. She may make it out on bail until she gets convicted of those charges but she will doing some time regardless.

I am glad to see this thread. As much as I hate to say it, I really do think there is a very good chance that she may get off. And if she is found guilty, there is an even greater possibility that she will win on her appeals. I think the public will be outraged at first, and after a while, life will go back to whatever is normal for her and the family. The only difference I would anticipate is that she may be a very wealthy lady after all is said and done. There will be book deals,movie deals,,,etc. And she will latch onto all of them. I truly hope I am wrong, but I think the worse eveidence they have on her is that she did not report her missing for 31 days.. I pray that le is holding a lot of things back, because I believe if they go to court, with only what we have seen so far, that she me be free to roam. Don't get me wrong, I think LE has done everything they could, and I believe she is guilty, but I don't think they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I believe if KC is found not guilty and sent back to the A's, this family will implode within a very short period. KC is not equiped to survive in society and CA will NEVER forgive her for what she has done. As I see it, KC is going to suffer no matter the outcome of this trial and CA will make sure of it.

Duh, I forgot about the check charges.

I just hope she never gets pregnant again.

If she is found NG, not only will the A's get the wrath of the public but so will the jurors. People have fallen in love with Caylee and are extremely emotionally involved in this case. Seeing how hated she is, how many angry protesters were at her house, and the amount of death threats her family has recieved, I would be scared to vote her NG as a juror knowing the heat I'd probably get as well..

As for the check charges, I fear she might get time served, especially if the trial doesn't begin until another year or two

the restaurant at the end of the universe
    On high priced lawyers:

Those with high-priced lawyers have a HUGE advantage, akin to playing poker with a guarantee that they will be the only one in the game with a wild card.

On justice for Caylee:

There will be justice for baby Caylee from her point of view. She doesn't want anyone hurt.

On our legal system:

Innocent until proven guilty is a good thing. It has to be balanced out though. IMO, the legal system is leaning more and more toward protecting the guilty. How many "extenuating circumstance diagnoses/reasons to withhold evidence" do we allow? Do we make it so lenient that 100 guilty people walk free to save one innocent? 1000? 10,000? That has to be balanced out against all the people who will suffer because we let the others go. How many lives will those others destroy, mentally or physically, to save the one.

Quitting now, I am starting to sound like a comic book! In my defense, Pattymarie started a very philosophical thread (awesome thread, btw).

What could be the reasons if she is found not guilty?
    IMO, the reasons for a Not Guilty verdict in this case would simply be that the prosecution did not present their case in a convincing enough way, were unable to get pertinent evidence admitted, or that JB and Co. lucked completely out. Based on what I have seen, right now it could be a toss-up to a jury, though I personally 100% think she's guilty as sin. It will be very hard for JB to get around the 31 days, the trunk/smell, and all the lies she told after it was discovered that Caylee was "missing."

What would this say about our legal/justice system?
    I don't think it would say anything special about our system. Everybody gets their day in court. Some win, some lose. It's not always the correct verdict. In this case, I certainly hope Caylee wins.

What would ithis imply about 24/7 news, legal TV shows (i.e. JVM, NG and the like)
    I'm not sure those shows will have a direct impact on the outcome of the case. It will definitely be a very interesting trial to watch, if it's broadcast that is. I hope I don't miss a minute. Personally, I like the JVM, NG shows, but they rarely have anything on that we haven't already heard.

What does the internet have to do with it?
    IMO, nothing. Like TV, the internet is a great place for finding information--like here on WS. It's also a place where people can talk trash, like on another site that starts with a T and ends with an X, with little or no moderating. Many an unfounded rumor gets started on the internet. (duh). Surely the attorneys in this case will select a jury that is objective and honest.

What might Casey's life, the A's look like?
    My guess is KC would be up a creek without a paddle. Part of me wonders if she were to be found not guilty, would her family eventually abandon her. Like others here, though, I think they would all have to move way far away.

What might this say about Orlando's LE?
    I think LE there has done a pretty good job, but ignoring the area back in August is practically unforgiveable. To me.

What could this imply about having a high priced legal team (though we still can't figure out who is paying for it)
    To me, this is completely wrong for her to basically be indigent and have these people in her corner, experts and all. The average Joe from Miami doesn't get this kind of deal from lawyers. I've never heard of a lawyer taking a case, esp a felony case, on a "promise" of payment. (KC supposedly said she had 5 grand or close to it when she called Baez in the beginning.)Anyone I've ever heard of expects money up front. You can bet there's a ton of people all across the USA facing the DP who can only get the public defender.

What does this say about a high profile case?
    Publicity pays. It's all about greed.

Will there be justice for baby Caylee?
    I hope so. I"m not sure she'l get convicted on murder 1 at this point, but I hope so. I hope she gets the max sentence for whatever charge they find her guilty of.

Do you think this could be a possibility?
    Yes, yes indeed.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast