Jose Baez rejected by Florida Bar on first try (Orlando & Miami News Articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm holding the Orlando Sentinel in my hand. WOOOOOOOHOOOOO. This is a scathing little tidbit.

"For eight years after he graduated from law school, however, the board....would not let him practice law." They wrote that his overall behavior showed, "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system..."

The Florida Bar is very stringent on who they allow to practice law in our state. When you go to law school they break it down for you what the Florida Bar will be looking into and investigating on you if you choose to practice law in Florida. You must be honest with every answer and detail that you give the Florida Bar. Every infraction, speeding ticket, criminal activity, debt, mental illness, etc. must be fully explained. Some of the factors quoted in this article for their denial of J.A.B. are:

1. Unpaid child support (a HUGE NO-NO)
2. Personal bankruptcy (another red flag)
3. Default on a student loan (need I say more)
4. Omissions regarding writing of a bad check
5. Entering a pre-trial program to avoid conviction

While these issues listed above might be par for the course for some Americans, you would have a HARD TIME being approved by the Florida Bar with a history like this. Obviously, whatever J.A.B.'s violations, he took the time and effort to "prove" to them that he is/was rehabilitated (8 years later).

Wow! Lol! And his spokeswoman states that he is being targeted by "a newspaper lucky to find itself at the center of a national story." Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!

*snork*

Whats is REALLY hilarious is that he is trying to deny that the J.A.B in question is him.

*Deep sigh* He really is the perfect lawyer for KC.

*snork*

Whats is REALLY hilarious is that he is trying to deny that the J.A.B in question is him.

Birds of a feather flock together [caw, caw, caw].

*snork*

Let's not forget that other pesky matter he has pending with the Florida Bar. :boohoo:

Failed to support his only child, altering checks, having a questionable background and the Bon Bon Bikinis!! This is no dream team. The man is a joke.

Interesting tidbit for today. Baez should have been a bouncer or personal body guard. Better qualified for those than any other venture he has attempted.

Seems he still has a thing for expensive vehicles, too.

You would think that between this past history and the complaints he has against him now that he won't be around for a whole lot longer.

What an eye opening article, just proves he is EXACTLY who I always thought he was.

I just read this article also.. JB and KC are a match made in hell.....

Wasn't he supposed to take down his webpage with the false "win" claims? It is still up, just the link from the main page has been cut.

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html

Note that the above page has working links, while on his "main page" ALL links are cut.
http://www.baezlawfirm.com

Since he is so well-versed about the internet that he "was in charge of training Judges, Lawyers and Law Students on using the internet to investigate their cases", it doesn't seem like he could get away with "well, I THOUGHT it was taken down!"

Still thumbing his nose at the "authorities", namely the Bar?

Could this be the complaint that judge strickland has against JB?? How could anything he says be believed with a background like this???? I can only imagine the prosecution is having a field day with this one.....who would want him representing them? Oh yes KC .

I'm holding the Orlando Sentinel in my hand. WOOOOOOOHOOOOO. This is a scathing little tidbit.

"For eight years after he graduated from law school, however, the board....would not let him practice law." They wrote that his overall behavior showed, "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system..."

The Florida Bar is very stringent on who they allow to practice law in our state. When you go to law school they break it down for you what the Florida Bar will be looking into and investigating on you if you choose to practice law in Florida. You must be honest with every answer and detail that you give the Florida Bar. Every infraction, speeding ticket, criminal activity, debt, mental illness, etc. must be fully explained. Some of the factors quoted in this article for their denial of J.A.B. are:

1. Unpaid child support (a HUGE NO-NO)
2. Personal bankruptcy (another red flag)
3. Default on a student loan (need I say more)
4. Omissions regarding writing of a bad check
5. Entering a pre-trial program to avoid conviction

While these issues listed above might be par for the course for some Americans, you would have a HARD TIME being approved by the Florida Bar with a history like this. Obviously, whatever J.A.B.'s violations, he took the time and effort to "prove" to them that he is/was rehabilitated (8 years later).

:eek:

Unreal! :behindbar

He's exactly the same as the Anthonys! :rolleyes:
No wonder he latched onto Casey ..

*snork*

Does the Article mention his middle name? I haven't read it yet.
JB's middle name is Angel.

"this profile you are writing has nothing to do with Jose Baez's representation of Casey Anthony and appears to be a sensationalist persecution of a Hispanic lawyer who has been targeted by a newspaper... "

the investigators said he left out parts of his history, including that he wrote a bad check and entered a pretrial program to avoid conviction.

I agree with Ms. MacKenzie. These are all mishconshtruthamentificalications solely because Mr. Baez is Hispanic. Being an immoral deceitful law breaker has nothing to do with it.

Failed to support his only child, altering checks, having a questionable background and the Bon Bon Bikinis!! This is no dream team. The man is a joke.

You betcha and I'm LMAO!!! :D

Could this be the complaint that judge strickland has against JB?? How could anything he says be believed with a background like this???? I can only imagine the prosecution is having a field day with this one.....who would want him representing them? Oh yes KC .

I still would like to know the real story of how he became KC's attorney. She told her family that another inmate told her he was good and she said "pass my name along to him" :waitasec: So, presumably HE contacted HER after that. Doesn't make sense. I still think she knew him already. I just would like to know how. Maybe KC was a bikini model. LOL! :crazy:

Wow. I couldn't agree more with each and every one of your reactions to this article.

This even distracts me from the doc-dump-that-left-me-frushhhhtrated!

Bikini Bon Bon. Good Grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member