TX TX - Cole Jackson, 33, Timpson, 13 July 2006

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
A year ago, Cole Jackson was last seen on the run.
He drove his four-wheel-drive truck off-road across a pasture south
of Timpson, through a fence and into a man's garden, offering to pay
for the damage before driving away again.
"There are some bad people after me," he told the homeowner before
fleeing.
Authorities recovered his truck on an all terrain vehicle trail
nearby, but after several searches, Jackson has never been found. His
family continues to search for his body, dragging ponds and walking
the woods of Shelby County, while also praying that he is alive
somewhere far away. They all hope for the best and follow all leads,
no matter how far-fetched.
"If I don't hope, I will lose it," said Cheyenne Jackson, his sister.
Jackson, 34, moved to Nacogdoches more than a decade ago from
Gilmer to attend college, and he never left the area, working in
various manual labor jobs, Cheyenne said. He settled in Chireno about
three years ago and married his wife, Kim, in May 2006. Kim was
expecting a son when Jackson went missing, and Cash Dylan Jackson was
born in October.
Search and rescue volunteers from The Texas EquuSearch Mounted
Search and Recovery Team, a group that regularly searches on
horseback and all terrain vehicles for missing persons, said in
September that Jackson was looking forward to his son's birth, and
they did not think he would go into hiding.
A month after he was last seen, Shelby County and Shreveport, La.,
search and rescue teams searched the area off FM 1645 where his truck
was found, and Equusearch scoured the same spot in September.
Searchers only found a pair of Jackson's shoes with his wedding ring
inside.
In a year, Cheyenne said the family has received a few leads. One
man said he saw Jackson in another town, but the family isn't sure
about the claim.
Another man bragged to a woman that he killed Jackson and dropped
him in a vat of acid, Cheyenne said. The Jackson family contacted the
Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Department, who interviewed the suspect,
Cheyenne said, but the claim did not appear to be credible, just
"someone running his mouth."
Little real evidence has turned up, and the farther it gets from
July 13, 2006, little is expected to.
"That's the most frustrating part. We don't know anymore than we
did last year."
Today marks a tough day for the Jackson family. Cheyenne said the
family plans to take the day off from work and try to concentrate on
other things. Kim left the house in Chireno to stay with family,
tired of being alone.
"At this point last year, my Papaw died, and the last time I saw
Cole was at the funeral," Cheyenne said. "This time of year is going
to be tough."
Cole Jackson is described as a 5-foot, 5-inch tall white male with
brown hair and blue eyes. He has a sailboat-shaped scar on his right
cheek.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=114243517&blogId=289908002

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/16/20062:46:21PM'
Name: Cole Duane Jackson
Case Number: M0610010
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Timpson (Shelby County)
Last Seen on: 7/12/2006
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 160 lbs.
Age Missing: 33
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 1/10/1973
Race: White
Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing : Shelby
Circumstances: Mr. Jackson has a scar on his right cheek. He was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and athletic shoes. Mr. Jackson's vehicle was found abandoned in Shelby County.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/jackson_cole.html:

Cole was last seen on July 13, 2006 near FM 1645 and CR 4230 just south of Timpson, Texas. He had told his wife that he was going to Whataburger for a bite to eat.

His vehicle, described as a silver 2003 Dodge half ton pickup truck, was located on July 15, 2006 in Shelby County, Texas. He had run into a fence and told the owner that he was sorry and would be back to fix it but he had to first get away from some bad people that were following him. When police located the truck, the driver's side door was open and there was no sign of a struggle.

Cole's two inhalers for his asthma were left behind in his truck, as were his shoes with his wedding band tucked inside.

Witnesses claim that Cole was not in a sound state of mind the day he disappeared. He was anticipating the birth of his first child in October 2006.

This is so sad. The Kelsy Berreth Case made me think about this case in terms of in areas with lots of dirt roads and forests bodies can go missing so easily. This case is a perfect example.

Article from 2007:
http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?s=6136241&clienttype=printable

Cole got married in May 2006, disappeared a month later and has never seen his son who was born in October 2006. So sad...

The link above no longer works, but this one does. It is so apparent that someone was chasing him and murdered him. Wish that he could be found and laid to rest properly, and those responsible brought to justice.
What REALLY happened to Cole Duane Jackson?

I know this one is really old, but I am just now reading about it.

Other similar cases as Cole's - Brandon Lawson, Lauren Elizabeth Thompson......all said someone was chasing them, left their vehicles never to be found again.

It makes me wonder if Cole and the friend were doing drugs before going to eat. That would explain the paranoia and driving off without the friend. Or, someone truly could have been chasing him. The question I have though, if someone WAS chasing him, why would he take the time to stop and offer to pay for the damage he had done to the field? Wouldn't he have asked to have 911 called and hide? Or kept driving? Why drive to a secluded place if someone is after him?

And the shoes and the ring, I just don't know what to think of that. It sounds to me like he planted them there, but the comment that the family doesn't think those were the shoes he was wearing at the time is strange. My husband could leave the house though and I wouldn't know what shoes he was wearing other than workdays. The same could be made about me and my shoes.

Unless Cole had one pair of shoes only, how could they be sure? And if those weren't what he was wearing, but they WERE his shoes, who would have access to take them from the house and "plant" them?

So many questions not answered. Even IF he was doing drugs, he still deserves to be found. Sometimes I think families are too afraid to say something thinking that it will limit the searching for their loved one. When to me it would at least answer a lot of questions. Make some things make sense.

I'm sad he's never been found. I understand his shoes, but leaving his wedding ring makes me wonder if he took his own life. That was a part he could leave behind for someone.

I know this one is really old, but I am just now reading about it.

Other similar cases as Cole's - Brandon Lawson, Lauren Elizabeth Thompson......all said someone was chasing them, left their vehicles never to be found again.

It makes me wonder if Cole and the friend were doing drugs before going to eat. That would explain the paranoia and driving off without the friend. Or, someone truly could have been chasing him. The question I have though, if someone WAS chasing him, why would he take the time to stop and offer to pay for the damage he had done to the field? Wouldn't he have asked to have 911 called and hide? Or kept driving? Why drive to a secluded place if someone is after him?

And the shoes and the ring, I just don't know what to think of that. It sounds to me like he planted them there, but the comment that the family doesn't think those were the shoes he was wearing at the time is strange. My husband could leave the house though and I wouldn't know what shoes he was wearing other than workdays. The same could be made about me and my shoes.

Unless Cole had one pair of shoes only, how could they be sure? And if those weren't what he was wearing, but they WERE his shoes, who would have access to take them from the house and "plant" them?

So many questions not answered. Even IF he was doing drugs, he still deserves to be found. Sometimes I think families are too afraid to say something thinking that it will limit the searching for their loved one. When to me it would at least answer a lot of questions. Make some things make sense.

I'm sad he's never been found. I understand his shoes, but leaving his wedding ring makes me wonder if he took his own life. That was a part he could leave behind for someone.
Some reports said that he had a prior history of drugs. He was trying to clean up his life. I've wondered if it was someone from the drug world that was after him.

Now the thread is even older, it was linked elsewhere. Just a quick thought regarding the shoes: I know quite a few people who keep their running or hiking shoes in the car at all times. And putting the wedding ring inside could also mean he did not want someone to know he was married.

6 Unidentified Person Exclusions
UP6637 10/07/2006 Fairfax VA
UP5239 01/01/2008 Lynchburg VA
UP2672 04/05/2008 Prince Edward VA
UP2667 08/18/2008 Dinwiddie VA
UP6315 11/21/2009 Mecklenburg VA
UP11248 08/20/2012 Alexandria VA

Cole Duane Jackson
cole_duane_jackson_1.jpg
cole_duane_jackson_2.jpg

Jackson, circa 2006

Missing Since: July 13, 2006
Missing From: Timpson, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Race, Sex: White, Male
Date of Birth: January 10, 1973
Height: 5'7”
Weight: 135 - 160 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A brown shirt and blue jeans.

Medical Conditions: Jackson is severely asthmatic and does not have the inhalers he is supposed to use to control his condition. In addition, he was acting paranoid and disoriented at the time of his disappearance and may be suffering from mental or emotional problems.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Jackson has a sailboat-shaped scar on his right cheek, a scar on the back of his head, and his initials "CJ" tattooed on his left shoulderblade. He suffered from appendicitis as a teenager.

Details of Disappearance

Jackson was last seen near FM 1645 and CR 4230 just south of Timpson, Texas on July 13, 2006. The truck he was driving came out of a private pasture and rammed into a fence. He stopped and spoke to the elderly man who owned the land.

Jackson apologized and said he would pay $120 for the damage, but said he had to run to get away from the "bad people" who were chasing him. He has never been heard from again.

Jackson's silver 2003 Dodge half-ton pickup truck was located abandoned in Shelby County, Texas on July 15. It was found approximately two miles from where he was last seen. The driver's side door was open and the truck was still in four-wheel drive. Both of his inhalers were inside the vehicle, and there were no indications of a struggle.

His loved ones also found Jackson's white sneakers in the woods; his wedding ring had been placed inside one of the shoes. At the time of his disappearance he had been behaving in an irrational and paranoid manner.

Due to the circumstances surrounding Jackson's disappearance, there are fears for his safety. His family stated he had had problems with drug abuse in the past and had a minor criminal record as a result; they think it's possible drugs were involved in his disappearance.

Jackson's wife was three months pregnant with their first child at the time he went missing. His case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back