GUILTY CA - Israel Ledesma-Moreno for kidnap of 3yo boy, San Bernardino, 2009

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Breaking News San Bernardino County in CA. No Amber alert as there is no vehicle descirption and limited suspect info. getting link.
They tied up mother and 5 kids then took the boy before the left.
Brian or Bryan Rodriguez.

Gunmen break into home, kidnap child

Sunday, May 03, 2009
icon_kabc_byline.gif

PEDLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino Sheriff's deputies said they are looking for two armed suspects and a child they may have kidnapped in Pedley

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=6794114

The missing child is identified as 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez. The boy is 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds. He was wearing a yellow shirt with blue sleeves, blue stripped shorts and black sandals.

The suspects fled the house in an unknown vehicle. The victim said she did not know her attackers.
Anyone with information on the crime or abduction is asked to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at (909) 387-3589.

JBean, do they have a different form of child alert in CA that can be broadcast when the Amber Alert criteria isn't met?

This is awful. Can only hope the child is found safe.

Thanks Bean and Hi to you Capoly, How awful for Briant as you can imagine how terrified he must be, ripped like that from his family. I pray for his safety. What a little cutie pie he is.

Pedley is an out of the way town so maybe that will help. Little towns seem to have eyes and ears, and often everyone knows everyone and everything about them. Hopefully these perps were local and someone saw something.

xox

Too strange. If they were just breaking in to steal things, doesn't make sense. From what I could tell it didn't look like a real ritzy neighborhood. And why take the kid? Maybe that was just an afterthought as I don't think he was taken for ransom. I would think it would be someone local to that area who did this. Thinking like a thief, if I was going to steal something, I'd head for the richer section of town. Gosh, I hope that poor little guy is okay. What the f is wrong with our world today?

My first question is - where's dad?
Second question - did they know this child was a little boy?

Good question Lola - with the little guy's hair, maybe they mistakenly thought he was a little girl.

When I read the story, I kept thinking there was more to this than we know. Drug revenge? Father revenge? Something is missing. Rarely would robbers take a child.

Morning news says an an amber alert has now been issued and the FBI has been called.

SAN BERNARDINO — A kidnapped 3-year-old boy remained missing today after two gunmen broke into his family's home, tied up his mother and her five children, robbed the house and left with the child, authorities said.
The California Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert late Sunday for 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, about nine hours after he was taken from his San Bernardino home.
The men, each carrying a handgun, burst through the front door of the home, tied up the family, then ransacked the house and stole money and property, said Cindy Beavers, spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12288866

JBean, do they have a different form of child alert in CA that can be broadcast when the Amber Alert criteria isn't met?

This is awful. Can only hope the child is found safe.

I always thought CA's Amber Alerts worked pretty well. However, if they don't have info on a vehicle, they will not post it (grrrrr)....

This one is making me nervous. The perps are 2 young hispanic men....not far from the Mexican border. This child could be passed off as an hispanic -- though a bit light in skin color.

It's reallly uncommon for home invasion robbers (especially young ones) to take a child, unless for chilling purposes. Now that the crime is on the news, they will have to get rid of the child asap.

I don't know - I think the media should have been left out, and just let LE do their job quietly. Perhaps this child would end up safe.

I'll keep my prayers out for Briant -- may someone be looking after him.

ETA: So glad to hear an Amber Alert has now been issued. I'm sure the border will be well covered, if they haven't already crossed.

:(

my first thought is this is gang related (due to the age and race). Here are the primary colors in LA

Bloods, are a LA based gang, their primary color is red.

Crips, Are also a LA based gang and their primary color is blue

Sur13, Is a southern California Latino gang, priamrly wear blue

Nor14, Is a northern California gang that typically wears red.

MS-13 is a LA gang that isnt as powerful as the media makes it seem, they sport white bandanas.

The Greater Los Angeles Area, or the Southland, is the agglomeration of urbanized area around the county of Los Angeles, California, United States. Greater Los Angeles includes the Los Angeles metropolitan area (Los Angeles and Orange counties) as well as the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario Metropolitan Area

MS-13, or La Mara Salvatrucha, is a violent street gang that originated among Salvadoran immigrants in Los Angeles in the 1980s.

Since then, it has spread across the country and into Central America, with significant participation from Hondurans, Guatemalans and Mexicans. Many members signify their status with tattoos.

It is a loose confederation of gangs with no national leadership structure that operates in 42 states and has 10,000 members in the United States, according to the FBI. Locally, it has hundreds.

Its criminal activities include drug distribution, murder, rape, prostitution, robbery, home invasions, immigration offenses, kidnapping, carjackings and vandalism.

:eek:

Thanks Mgardner, it sure does sound like MS-13 gang members. There are alot of wanna be's of the MS-13 though. You can get away with that in smaller towns or cities, but in So. Cal. being a wanna be will get you killed, so these guys could be the real thing.

It's odd to me that the DOJ has assessed the MS-13 threat as medium. They may be unorganized and minus leadership, but appear to be able to wreak all kinds of serious havoc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back