Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CT - Jody King, 28, Enfield, 20 April 2008 - Missing after car crash

From Jody's Missing Flyer:

On April 20th Jody King was driving northbound on Interstate 91 outside of Enfield Connecticut near Exit 48 when his truck hit a guardrail. After the crash he may have been disoriented. Some of his belongings were found nearby.

The police are working very hard and following all leads so please call them if you have seen anything!

Connecticut State Police 860- 534-1000

Jody is 28 years old. He stands 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds.
    He has light brown hair and a light beard and blue eyes. Please see below as he has tattoos.
    Anyone who knows Jody knows that he is a hardworking father who loves his family. He is based out of Ticonderoga, NY.

Links:
    http://www.topix.com/city/ticonderog...state-91-crash
    http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-251930
    http://helpfindjodyking.community.of...m/aboutus.aspx
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Family members are posting on a regular basis to Topix

Interesting info from an Aunt:
    "I have been informed ( by Fox) that until official missing persons report has been filed and verified by the NamUS (National Missing Persons Systerm), the national new channels ( Fox, CNN, HLN, MSNBC... and any of their programs i.e. Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, Larry King..) will not get involved; the request for assistance in a missing persons case must be a verifiable reported issue that can be confirmed through NamUS. There is a special number that is issued when you file a missing persons claim and that number is needed for completing a report in NamUS. Once you have submitted the request a case manager is assigned and your case is then confirmed with the police department that has the original report.

http://www.topix.com/city/ticonderog...I5FPMHAU5OI6A0

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

The story itself is a strange one, fwiw, and I am in no way being critical of the family. We received the request to post this directly; we do not have a verified missing persons report criteria for WS so there is no reason not to get the word out to this man that people are looking for him....I will give LE a call and see if they consider him endangered missing, voluntary missing etc....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

I spoke to the state police and they consider this an active missing persons investigation. I was directed to this press release off of the Dept of Public Safety website:
    http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=438952

If the family is reading, please make sure you have filed a missing persons report and get it into NAMUS. You can enter the information yourself and include photos.

In the meantime, sleuthers-anyone good with doing a little digging on Jody and seeing where he might have been heading to/from or other places to look for him?? They located his personal effects using k9 units, so something is not right here....
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Decent group of people making comments.

One person works in the area LE was searching. He said the area was Rte 5 in Enfield/Exit 49 (Enfield CT/Longmeadow MA). LE searched 2-3 days.
    Said they were told that the driver "fled" the scene of the accident and was seen heading in the direction of this property.

This is some distance from crash location.

http://www.topix.com/city/ticonderog...I5FPMHAU5OI6A0

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

According to one of the Aunts...Jody would have been heading to work in New Haven area. Which means he would..should..have been going south. Truck was found on northbound side?

ETA Aunt posted she is submitting to NamUs and wait for verification for shows etc. (posted yesterday...)
    Last edited by capoly; 05-02-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: correct wording

12. The Following User Says Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

The hottest lead has to be the person posting about their job location being actively searched. The fact that Jody's "personal effects" were located by the K9's is somewhat disheartening. I would think that they might be able to use the heat technology that they use around NE to locate missing hikers to see if they can find him in the woods???

UGH.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Rte 5 was area being searched - Exit 49

Rte 220 is Exit 48- crash was said to be in that area.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    According to one of the Aunts...Jody would have been heading to work in New Haven area. Which means he would..should..have been going south. Truck was found on northbound side?

ETA Aunt posted she is submitting to NamUs and wait for verification for shows etc. (posted yesterday...)
    Regarding northbound/southbound...good catch and why was he heading back?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

18. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

In the event family is monitoring here, here is another Canine search organization that can assist the state police:
    http://www.ccsar.org/
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Regarding northbound/southbound...good catch and why was he heading back?
    No one picked up on it or at least didn't post questioning why he'd be going north.

I'm still trying to found out what time the State Police found his truck. Am I just missing it?

Also what were items found and where......can't find that info either. Time for new glasses.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    No one picked up on it or at least didn't post questioning why he'd be going north.

I'm still trying to found out what time the State Police found his truck. Am I just missing it?

Also what were items found and where......can't find that info either. Time for new glasses.
    When he hit the guardrail, did it spin the truck and throw him into the other lane?

Also, didn't it say he has been missing since April 20th? That is more than 10 days ago, right? If so, surely he has been put into the NamUS database?

And who saw him fleeing the scene? That person should be questioned extensively. Why would he flee? Or was just knocked senseless?

I agree something doesn't seem right.

Salem
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 05-03-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: not information or family support

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    When he hit the guardrail, did it spin the truck and throw him into the other lane?

Also, didn't it say he has been missing since April 20th? That is more than 10 days ago, right? If so, surely he has been put into the NamUS database?

And who saw him fleeing the scene? That person should be questioned extensively. Why would he flee unless he had been drinking, had something in the truck that illegal? Or was just knocked senseless?

I agree something doesn't seem right.

Salem
    There is a jersey barrier between N&S lanes. There also seems to be different stories on crash location. One article said truck was on 91 near Exit 48 another said it was found on an off-ramp of 91.

The police mustn't have searched the area at the time nor followed through with a registration check . The family reported him missing the next day at which time police searched and found his personal belongings.

The fella who posted info on searches by his work place said the searches only started this past week.

ETA He was driving a black 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. Supposedly he crashed into a utility pole and the damage to truck was minimal.

concerned posted on the twitter that the property being searched has cameras everywhere. Hopefully the police are reviewing the films.

Salem

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

"After a crash on I-91 northbound in Enfield Monday night, State Police found a vehicle near exit 48."
    http://www.wtic.com/State-Police-See...ld-Hig/4260056

Now this article says the police did search the area on the 21st & 22nd.

But when I say 'near' an Exit it means before the exit not past it. Don't know if that's true for all.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast