Has your case been entered into NAMUS??

believe09

Reaction score
****Fellow Sleuthers****

NAMUS/IdentifyUS is looking for platforms to educate families, law enforcement and medical examiners on the centralized databases established for missing persons and UID's. Please provide the following link for your contacts regardless of whether or not the case is cold:

"This site provides an opportunity for families, law enforcement agencies and investigators to search nationwide for missing persons using a variety of powerful search features. Anyone may search the database, but by registering in the system both law enforcement professionals and the general public will also be able to:
  • Add new missing persons cases
  • Add physical and circumstantial details, photographs, dental contacts and other critical pieces of information to a case
  • Create and print missing persons posters
  • Track multiple cases as information is added to the system
With your help, we can increase the number of missing persons cases solved each year providing closure for families and law enforcement officials nationwide."

In order to maintain the integrity of the data entered, NAMUS wants to limit the people entering the information to those who have the most accurate resources-please encourage your contacts to make sure their cases are entered.

Last edited by a moderator:
****Fellow Sleuthers****

NAMUS/IdentifyUS is looking for platforms to educate families, law enforcement and medical examiners on the centralized databases established for missing persons and UID's. Please provide the following link for your contacts regardless of whether or not the case is cold:

"This site provides an opportunity for families, law enforcement agencies and investigators to search nationwide for missing persons using a variety of powerful search features. Anyone may search the database, but by registering in the system both law enforcement professionals and the general public will also be able to:
  • Add new missing persons cases
  • Add physical and circumstantial details, photographs, dental contacts and other critical pieces of information to a case
  • Create and print missing persons posters
  • Track multiple cases as information is added to the system
With your help, we can increase the number of missing persons cases solved each year providing closure for families and law enforcement officials nationwide."

In order to maintain the integrity of the data entered, NAMUS wants to limit the people entering the information to those who have the most accurate resources-please encourage your contacts to make sure their cases are entered.

Thanks for posting this Believe...it is now a month since it was posted and I checked the stats today...about six months since the NamUs site became active:

MP Case Breakdown
Total Cases: 1601
Open Cases: 1554 - 97.06%
Closed Cases: 47 - 2.93%

UID Case Breakdown
Total Cases: 5065
Open Cases: 4942 - 97.57%
Closed Cases: 122 - 2.41%
NamUs Aided: 7 - 0.14%

By bumping this thread, it is my hope that family members here on WS (or those who have contact with families of the missing) will either enter their loved ones or encourage their local poice to do so.

When you look at the numbers, of closed cases and NamUs aided, you realize this system has great potential. When you look at the number of cases entered, you realize that the word is not getting out to those who could be entering their loved ones names.

I am just a general user and use Namus Everyday, I find many missing persons and unidentified cases are not getting updated. I found quite a few matches based on information provided in the news. Updates are not allowed by general users.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

I agree it has great potential.
I think it would be great if we could post a note and have it go to the person who entered the file.

Let's get these cases into NAMUS. NAMUS has 15,072 active cases in it's database.

There are routinely 800K people missing on the books in any given year.

Please register on the NAMUS website and get your cases in there. They will be assigned to a NAMUS case manager who will reach out to you or LE to make sure the maximum amount of information is entered.

This database runs against the John and Jane Doe databases. We have to utilize the technology available to maximize the results we need to make a difference. Please take the burden off of cash strapped LE. We need to beef up this database so it can work the way it is intended too.

Can anyone help me with adding my missing father to Namus? Inbox me if so. I submitted his case into to Namus back in January but it still has not been pulished for the public to see.

I am unable to post a new a thread. I can post replies but not a new thread. I have a possible match and would like thoughts etc..but no post "new thread" button. Neither the unidentified nor missing person seem to have an exisiting thread. I figured a moderator could help.
Thank you

I'm having the same problem. I can't find anything about the cases on here, and I wanted to get an opinion before I sent it to their case workers but I wasn't sure what forum to put it in so I just sent it to the two case works I thought may have matching missing/found persons.

Maui Missing Person Cases Added to NamUs Website

Effective April 1, 2019, the Maui Police Department will be uploading it’s Missing Person cases to the NamUs website, a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified and unclaimed person cases across the United States.

The public will be able to use NamUs to get updates on any Missing Person case. They will also be able to use it as a resource to locate unidentified or unclaimed persons.
As of this morning, there were a total of 111 cases within the state of Hawaiʻi that were uploaded to the site, at least 12 of them from Maui.

The Maui cases date back to 1995 when 15-year-old Noquisi-Ama Blossom was reported missing from Makawao. It also includes more recent high profile cases involving the disappearance of Moreira Monsalve and Carly “Charli” Scott in early 2014 and the search for Billy Oliveira, who went missing from Nāhiku in July of 2015.

The list includes the following:

• Billy Oliveira (M) 39, of Nāhiku: Last contact: July 13, 2015. Case#: MP34387
  • David Janatka (M) 50, of Hāna: Last contact: Feb. 19, 2014. Case#: MP56215
  • Carly Scott (F) 27 of Makawao: Last contact: Feb. 9, 2014. Case#: MP23930
  • Moreira Monsalve (F) 46 of Wailuku: Last contact: Jan. 12, 2014. Case#: MP23732
  • Laura Vogel (F) 43: Last seen in Haʻikū: Last contact: Feb. 21, 2010. Case#: MP5315
  • Antonio Castro (M) 75 of South Kīhei: Last contact: March 14, 2007. Case#: MP1265
  • Robert Amaral (M) of Lānaʻi: Last contact: July 29, 2005. Case#: MP1282
  • Lee-Ann Lauaki (F): Last contact: May 19, 2005. Case#: MP1283
  • Astara Evenstar (F) 15: Last contact: Jan. 10, 2004. Case#: MP4274
  • John Madigan III (M) 52 of Pāʻia: Last contact: July 19, 2002. Case#: MP587
  • Priscilla Martinez (F) of Honokōwai: Last contact: April 21, 2002: Case#: MP1284
  • Noquisi-Ama Blossom (F) 15 of Makawao: Last contact: Oct. 18, 1995: Case#:
https://mauinow.com/2019/03/29/maui-missing-person-cases-added-to-namus-website/

I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help people enter their cases into NAMUS. If anyone needs assistance, let me know.

I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help people enter their cases into NAMUS. If anyone needs assistance, let me know.
There is a case that is in NAMUS but not public. How do we push for this to be possible? I have reached out to Chicago police department many times and have never gotten an answer. She’s in NAMUS but not available for public view.

Missing Person / NamUs # MP53081
Shirley Scott, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact July 1, 1974
County Cook, IL

Furthermore, am I okay to create a thread for this missing woman? I truly believe she is a Jane doe somewhere. Her mother continues to advocate for her and she is not being heard. No clue as to wether or not her mother is still alive.

I Just want to advocate for this missing BIPOC woman while still respecting the WS rules.

Mods, if this is not the place where I should be asking this question, please delete this and redirect me to the correct form/thread. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Big Brother Canada – Season 12  BBCAN12 – Official Site.png
    Big Brother Canada – Season 12 BBCAN12 – Official Site.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 4
There is a case that is in NAMUS but not public. How do we push for this to be possible? I have reached out to Chicago police department many times and have never gotten an answer. She’s in NAMUS but not available for public view.

Missing Person / NamUs # MP53081
Shirley Scott, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact July 1, 1974
County Cook, IL

Furthermore, am I okay to create a thread for this missing woman? I truly believe she is a Jane doe somewhere. Her mother continues to advocate for her and she is not being heard. No clue as to wether or not her mother is still alive.

I Just want to advocate for this missing BIPOC woman while still respecting the WS rules.

Mods, if this is not the place where I should be asking this question, please delete this and redirect me to the correct form/thread. Thank you so much.
Hmm. I searched the case on NAMUS and it doesn't show up. Did you enter the case? If you entered the case then I think it requires law enforcement verification/confirmation before they will have it listed and in the database.

No harm in making a thread about her in the missing persons forums! Just search and make sure there isn't already one going. I appreciate your advocacy!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back