Has your case been entered into NAMUS??

believe09

Reaction score
****Fellow Sleuthers****

NAMUS/IdentifyUS is looking for platforms to educate families, law enforcement and medical examiners on the centralized databases established for missing persons and UID's. Please provide the following link for your contacts regardless of whether or not the case is cold:

National Missing & Unidentified Persons System

"This site provides an opportunity for families, law enforcement agencies and investigators to search nationwide for missing persons using a variety of powerful search features. Anyone may search the database, but by registering in the system both law enforcement professionals and the general public will also be able to:
  • Add new missing persons cases
  • Add physical and circumstantial details, photographs, dental contacts and other critical pieces of information to a case
  • Create and print missing persons posters
  • Track multiple cases as information is added to the system
With your help, we can increase the number of missing persons cases solved each year providing closure for families and law enforcement officials nationwide."

In order to maintain the integrity of the data entered, NAMUS wants to limit the people entering the information to those who have the most accurate resources-please encourage your contacts to make sure their cases are entered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idaho4Groenes has entered Adji Dejir. Dreamweaver entered Hassani Campbell.

Maybe we can keep a bit of a list of who WS members have entered into the NamUs database, post any tips, tricks or frustrations here in this thread? Or requests to have someone entered, if the WSer does not wish to do it themselves.

This might also be a good place to alert other members when you are entering someone so that there is not a duplication of effort.

Salem

The following missing persons from the 70s have not been entered into Namus.

1. Joseph Stephen Dziowgo, 25, NJ, '73
2. Debra Lynn Kidwell, 26, CA, '79
3. Gary Dale Mathias, 25, CA, '78
4. Kurt Ronald Newton, 4, ME, '75
5. Susan M. DeQuina , 22, MA, '79

More missing persons from the 70s that still need to be entered into Namus:

1. Francis Wetherbee, Arcadia TX, 30 Dec 1974
2. Cynthia May Hernandez, 20, Glendora CA, 26 Aug 1976
3. Lisa Smith, 17, Samnta Rosa CA, 14 March/71
4. Simone Stephanie Ridinger, 17, Sherborn MA, 2 Sept 1977
5. Karen Reinert, 11, PA, June 22/79
6. Michael Reinert, 10, PA, June 22/79
7. Robin Ann Graham, 18, LA CA, 14 Nov /70
8. John Koziatek, 21, OH, 8 Aug /78
9. Ronald David Kruska, 18, CA, 10 Oct/78
10. Micki Jo West, 19, MO, 11 Sept/79

Found some more people missing from the 70s that need to be entered into Namus if anyone is up for the challenge:

Nahida Khatib 1976
Mary Ann Perez, 33 1973
John E Keyton, 81, VA, 1973
Dorothy Schofield, 14, 1976 FL
Jean Schoen, 9, 74, FL

Dorothy Scofield is on Namus (my error).

This question is for those who have successfully submitted a missing person case to Namus:
How long does it take for a case to show up on Namus after you submitted it?
The first one I submitted was 2 weeks ago.
Thanks

Ok, I am not sure when it happened, but I just checked and my first case got published into Namus! I submitted a case from 1976 (finding it here actually) and now this person has a missing person profile in Namus! yay! One down!

Let's get these cases into NAMUS. NAMUS has 15,072 active cases in it's database.

There are routinely 800K people missing on the books in any given year.

Please register on the NAMUS website and get your cases in there. They will be assigned to a NAMUS case manager who will reach out to you or LE to make sure the maximum amount of information is entered.

This database runs against the John and Jane Doe databases. We have to utilize the technology available to maximize the results we need to make a difference. Please take the burden off of cash strapped LE. We need to beef up this database so it can work the way it is intended too.

NAMUS

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I am not sure when it happened, but I just checked and my first case got published into Namus! I submitted a case from 1976 (finding it here actually) and now this person has a missing person profile in Namus! yay! One down!

Why do the police not routinely enter the missing into NamUs?

Missing HS coach from Bloomington tx circa 1995 Kenneth hilscher. Found very little info on it from project charlie

Still new here and haven't figured out how to start a new post in the forums yet was going to enter this in missing persons, 90s forum but cannot figure out how

Hello and lovely day,
I am a new member here although a long time off/on lurker. If I am posting this in the wrong place, please kindly redirect me.
Briefly, my only child, my son is missing. He is sadly a repeat runaway. My situation is unique as I am quite sure the vast majority of cases are. That said and due to my son having the issues he does, a repeat runaway and conflicting information from several agencies..it is difficult to get the police to assist me ( example: The Washington State Patrol posted a missing report/photo at my request when my son ran last November 2015. He has since ran again and been missing since December 17,2016 they will not repost his information stating it could take away resources from other youth). A host of other problems and conflictions followed and sadly, are currently happening.
Lastly my son is 17 years old, known/severe mental health issues and has specific special needs ( mental health). My resources ( internet, telephone, financial) are extremely limited right now and I am trying to find my son on my own. Familiar support is simply not available. Any suggestions you could offer, I would be grateful for. This is quite frankly emotionally and spiritually exhausting and with my resource availability, slow to progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. It is a pleasure to meet you all. My respect for you over the years has become enormous!

Tangible Soul~

I have some questions about NamUs.

Who is allowed to enter a missing person case into NamUs? Professional law enforcement? The Agency in charge of the case? Amateur Websleuther?

Also, what is the time frame for a missing person case to be entered in the database? For example, a person who went missing in the mid 1960's and their case is no longer being investigated due to the passage of time. Should the missing person case still be entered into NamUs, even for a possibility their remains might be discovered one day?

I have some questions about NamUs.

Who is allowed to enter a missing person case into NamUs? Professional law enforcement? The Agency in charge of the case? Amateur Websleuther?

Also, what is the time frame for a missing person case to be entered in the database? For example, a person who went missing in the mid 1960's and their case is no longer being investigated due to the passage of time. Should the missing person case still be entered into NamUs, even for a possibility their remains might be discovered one day?

Anyone can enter an MP into NamUs but can not enter Does. There are no laws to enter anyone within any time limit. Billy's Law is supposed to do that if passed.

Hello and lovely day,
I am a new member here although a long time off/on lurker. If I am posting this in the wrong place, please kindly redirect me.
Briefly, my only child, my son is missing. He is sadly a repeat runaway. My situation is unique as I am quite sure the vast majority of cases are. That said and due to my son having the issues he does, a repeat runaway and conflicting information from several agencies..it is difficult to get the police to assist me ( example: The Washington State Patrol posted a missing report/photo at my request when my son ran last November 2015. He has since ran again and been missing since December 17,2016 they will not repost his information stating it could take away resources from other youth). A host of other problems and conflictions followed and sadly, are currently happening.
Lastly my son is 17 years old, known/severe mental health issues and has specific special needs ( mental health). My resources ( internet, telephone, financial) are extremely limited right now and I am trying to find my son on my own. Familiar support is simply not available. Any suggestions you could offer, I would be grateful for. This is quite frankly emotionally and spiritually exhausting and with my resource availability, slow to progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. It is a pleasure to meet you all. My respect for you over the years has become enormous!

Tangible Soul~

So sorry for what you're going thru. Is your son back?

Anyone can enter an MP into NamUs but can not enter Does. There are no laws to enter anyone within any time limit. Billy's Law is supposed to do that if passed.

Thank you for the insight about NamUs. Much appreciated.

Only LE or ME can enter Does in NamUs. What I used to do was contact the case worker for that area to ask if they can reach out to get them entered or reach out to LE or ME to tell them about NamUs. I don't have the time to do it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back