1050 users online (185 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Still new here and haven't figured out how to start a new post in the forums yet was going to enter this in missing persons, 90s forum but cannot figure out how

Hello and lovely day,
    I am a new member here although a long time off/on lurker. If I am posting this in the wrong place, please kindly redirect me.
    Briefly, my only child, my son is missing. He is sadly a repeat runaway. My situation is unique as I am quite sure the vast majority of cases are. That said and due to my son having the issues he does, a repeat runaway and conflicting information from several agencies..it is difficult to get the police to assist me ( example: The Washington State Patrol posted a missing report/photo at my request when my son ran last November 2015. He has since ran again and been missing since December 17,2016 they will not repost his information stating it could take away resources from other youth). A host of other problems and conflictions followed and sadly, are currently happening.
    Lastly my son is 17 years old, known/severe mental health issues and has specific special needs ( mental health). My resources ( internet, telephone, financial) are extremely limited right now and I am trying to find my son on my own. Familiar support is simply not available. Any suggestions you could offer, I would be grateful for. This is quite frankly emotionally and spiritually exhausting and with my resource availability, slow to progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. It is a pleasure to meet you all. My respect for you over the years has become enormous!

Tangible Soul~

I have some questions about NamUs.

Who is allowed to enter a missing person case into NamUs? Professional law enforcement? The Agency in charge of the case? Amateur Websleuther?

Also, what is the time frame for a missing person case to be entered in the database? For example, a person who went missing in the mid 1960's and their case is no longer being investigated due to the passage of time. Should the missing person case still be entered into NamUs, even for a possibility their remains might be discovered one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post

Who is allowed to enter a missing person case into NamUs? Professional law enforcement? The Agency in charge of the case? Amateur Websleuther?

Also, what is the time frame for a missing person case to be entered in the database? For example, a person who went missing in the mid 1960's and their case is no longer being investigated due to the passage of time. Should the missing person case still be entered into NamUs, even for a possibility their remains might be discovered one day?
    Anyone can enter an MP into NamUs but can not enter Does. There are no laws to enter anyone within any time limit. Billy's Law is supposed to do that if passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangible Soul View Post
    Hello and lovely day,
    I am a new member here although a long time off/on lurker. If I am posting this in the wrong place, please kindly redirect me.
    Briefly, my only child, my son is missing. He is sadly a repeat runaway. My situation is unique as I am quite sure the vast majority of cases are. That said and due to my son having the issues he does, a repeat runaway and conflicting information from several agencies..it is difficult to get the police to assist me ( example: The Washington State Patrol posted a missing report/photo at my request when my son ran last November 2015. He has since ran again and been missing since December 17,2016 they will not repost his information stating it could take away resources from other youth). A host of other problems and conflictions followed and sadly, are currently happening.
    Lastly my son is 17 years old, known/severe mental health issues and has specific special needs ( mental health). My resources ( internet, telephone, financial) are extremely limited right now and I am trying to find my son on my own. Familiar support is simply not available. Any suggestions you could offer, I would be grateful for. This is quite frankly emotionally and spiritually exhausting and with my resource availability, slow to progress.

Thank you for your time and consideration. It is a pleasure to meet you all. My respect for you over the years has become enormous!

Tangible Soul~
    So sorry for what you're going thru. Is your son back?
    Last edited by Roselvr; 04-30-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Anyone can enter an MP into NamUs but can not enter Does. There are no laws to enter anyone within any time limit. Billy's Law is supposed to do that if passed.
    Thank you for the insight about NamUs. Much appreciated.

Thank you for the insight about NamUs. Much appreciated.
    You're welcome. If you want to learn more about Billy's Law, there is a FB group Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law. There are also FB pages for every state Link to Billy's Law State Page Links

I am running the NJ Billy's Law when I have time which is rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    So sorry for what you're going thru. Is your son back?
    I don't want to speak for Tangible Soul, but here is the link to her son Adam's thread
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8-January-2016

Only LE or ME can enter Does in NamUs. What I used to do was contact the case worker for that area to ask if they can reach out to get them entered or reach out to LE or ME to tell them about NamUs. I don't have the time to do it

Ok there is someone who can I turn to the inclusion of cases that I have posted in Namus?

Arrow

Yes they should be entered into NamUs for the possibility of their remains being recovered. Many cold cases are solved this way, and NamUs has a whole other side for Unidentified remains. Sometimes it's just a matter of matching them up. https://identifyus.org/en
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Yes they should be entered into NamUs for the possibility of their remains being recovered. Many cold cases are solved this way, and NamUs has a whole other side for Unidentified remains. Sometimes it's just a matter of matching them up. https://identifyus.org/en
    Thank you as well for the response and insight.

The older case I was referring to is Lucy T. Pacheco. She went missing in Honolulu in December 1965. I think there is enough given information for NamUs, but her exact height and weight aren't documented anywhere, and I know that is must for a submission. Her daughter was actively involved in her search after her disappearance, but she died back in 2007, and from her website memorial page on her mom (that is now offline), it never stated them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-December-1965

Question

Thank you as well for the response and insight.

The older case I was referring to is Lucy T. Pacheco. She went missing in Honolulu in December 1965. I think there is enough given information for NamUs, but her exact height and weight aren't documented anywhere, and I know that is must for a submission. Her daughter was actively involved in her search after her disappearance, but she died back in 2007, and from her website memorial page on her mom (that is now offline), it never stated them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-December-1965

Are you certain they won't accept a range on height and weight??
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Are you certain they won't accept a range on height and weight??
    Looks like there is a range for both, but I always got the impression both the height and weight should be correctly and precisely entered as they physically were with the missing person.

Lightbulb

Looks like there is a range for both, but I always got the impression both the height and weight should be correctly and precisely entered as they physically were with the missing person.
    I'd think a range if you don't know the details would be better than no entry. One could always update it I suppose if you got those details.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast