Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case very closely but I very rarely ever post but this one has just consumed me...I can't stop thinking about her and what could have happened.

I find it very strange that none of these "friends" have commented or said anything about her at all. Has there been anything said from them publicly? They were older than her right? JO was 20 if I remember right...has anyone said how she knew these girls? I just have a very bad feeling about this, and the girls just, i don't know, there is just something not right about them...

Video from local affiliate WBTW/scnow.com from this morning speaking with Brittanee's bio dad, John Kahyaoglu.

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local...inues_for_missing_new_york_teen_monday/48092/

Local continues to disappoint. The reporter voicing the spot says the sidewalk video is of Brittanee heading north minutes after leaving Bluewater, then anchor stresses video was from before her arrival at Bluewater, which would mean she was heading south on her way there.

Lots of storms in the area last night and today. Wonder how that will affect the search. Laura Recovery Center out of Texas is supposed to be assisting the search now.

Just wanted to come in and post a prayer for this young beautiful child. I have been praying each night that answers would be revealed to her mom and the rest of the family. I have an 18 year old daughter that is planning where to go for her senior trip and I think I might offer her double the money to just stay home with me.

God, shine down a light onto this girl so that she may be found and returned to the ones who love and miss her!

Here's my question. If the area where B's cell phone last pinged is very rural and remote, I imagine there isn't a whole lot of cell phone activity out there. Can LE look to see what other cell phone(s) was/were pinging at that exact location and time?

My suspicion is still on the grils and the boys, but then I wonder if maybe they think she ran off on purpose? One of them made the comment about their vacation being messed up, which makes me believe they think she ran off and ruined their trip. That just seems like a very insensitive thing thing to say when your "friend" is missing.

Video from local affiliate WBTW/scnow.com from this morning speaking with Brittanee's bio dad, John Kahyaoglu.

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local...inues_for_missing_new_york_teen_monday/48092/

Local continues to disappoint. The reporter voicing the spot says the sidewalk video is of Brittanee heading north minutes after leaving Bluewater, then anchor stresses video was from before her arrival at Bluewater, which would mean she was heading south on her way there.

Lots of storms in the area last night and today. Wonder how that will affect the search. Laura Recovery Center out of Texas is supposed to be assisting the search now.

Can someone clear this up for me, I apologize. Was this after leaving the boys hotel room? I get the hotel names mixed up, thanks!

January, that is the question I have had for days. I would think if that technology were available LE would have surely used it by now, but I don't know. I have been trying to find an answer but no luck so far. You'd think those towers would have some type of log of all pings and if the person who has her had an active cell phone, theirs would have pinged at virtually the same time. I know I am assuming a lot there, that whoever has her has a cell, but these days, who doesn't? Could they have just known to turn theirs off? Maybe, but exploring this route would certainly seem a no-brainer.

dhchick04, there are conflicting stories on this sidewalk video from the same reporting station. The anchor last night was adamant to clear up it was video prior to her arrival at Bluewater where the boys were staying, so it would be prior to the known video of the hotel lobby we have also seen, making it really useless to the investigation.

I would think too that if they knew to turn theirs off, they would turn hers off as well. Since that was the last ping, maybe they did turn them off at that point. So if LE could see that there were two (or more) cell phones that pinged for the last time at that location, that could be huge. But, I don't know if that's even possible. I almost want to call LE to find out.

I have been following this case very closely but I very rarely ever post but this one has just consumed me...I can't stop thinking about her and what could have happened.

I find it very strange that none of these "friends" have commented or said anything about her at all. Has there been anything said from them publicly? They were older than her right? JO was 20 if I remember right...has anyone said how she knew these girls? I just have a very bad feeling about this, and the girls just, i don't know, there is just something not right about them...

Isn't it illegal to take a minor over state lines?

Here's my question. If the area where B's cell phone last pinged is very rural and remote, I imagine there isn't a whole lot of cell phone activity out there. Can LE look to see what other cell phone(s) was/were pinging at that exact location and time?

My suspicion is still on the grils and the boys, but then I wonder if maybe they think she ran off on purpose? One of them made the comment about their vacation being messed up, which makes me believe they think she ran off and ruined their trip. That just seems like a very insensitive thing thing to say when your "friend" is missing.

Maybe the "friends" thought that Brit went with them on purpose in her attempt to runaway. Maybe she made plans with an internet boyfriend or someone to meet up in SC.

Local news at noon just rehashed basically the same as the video I posted earlier with John K., however at the very end reporter says two organizations are in the area for the seach today and FBI is now in on the case. If they post that video I will link it, but the only thing new to it seems to be the FBI reference, which is good.

I don't know if the capability exists to do that, but I do know that cell phone service is scarce in the Santee River area. My family has a reunion every June on the Santee and most of our cells (from a variety of companies) lose service miles before we even get to the river.

Some of the confusion regarding the addresses comes from the fact that North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach are technically two "different" cities. Therefore, there are North and South street addresses in North Myrtle and then it goes straight from those into the North and South numbering for actual Myrtle Beach streets. It appears that the addresses in question here are all in Myrtle Beach beginning at the 100 block North and then heading south from there to the other points in question.

I was also wondering if perhaps the girls moving to the new hotel was because LE made them leave the room at Bar Harbor in order to process it and hold it as a possible crime scene. The move to a different hotel may be as simple as that is the only place with an opening.

FOX NEWS ALERT.....Rochester New York high school in lockdown after student attempts suicide with gun at the school, in a restroom.

SEA NYMPH....maybe you can answer this since you are familiar w/ the streets and 'look' of MB.

What would walking north on Ocean be like anyhow as it's getting dark? Some of the birds eye street views on the map show the area slowly degrading ? the further north you go, older hotels, lots of open parking lots and less 'trendy' tourist activity. Is all of Ocean WALKable?

It also looks like you'd need a car to get over the inlet a couple blocks before you approach the Bar Harbor. There appears to be an amusement area on both sides of Ocean at that inlet.

FOX NEWS ALERT.....Rochester New York high school in lockdown after student attempts suicide with gun at the school, in a restroom.

Do you have a link? Have they said which high school?

Do you have a link? Have they said which high school?

No link....just have the TV on nearby... and, yes they did give a name, it was a very unusual and long name, but I don't recall it. I will google school names there and tell you if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee