630 users online (62 members and 568 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IN - Gerald Smith, 22, Terre Haute, 1 May 2009

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blo...-haute-in.html
    Interesting comments in the article. This sounds just like so many other college students that go missing.

Gerald Smith

Facts of Interest
    Name: Gerald Smith, 22
    College: Indiana State University, Terre Haute
    Major: insurance and risk management
    Hometown: Avon, Indiana
    Last seen: Friday, May 1, 2009, 1 a.m., 900 Chestnut Street in Terre Haute, Indiana
    Physical description: 5'7" 160 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, glasses, light beard. Last seen wearing a red Hawaiian shirt, jeans and brown shoes.

Anyone with information about Smith is urged to call ISU Public Safety at 812-237-5555 or Crimestoppers at 812-238-STOP.
    Last edited by Kat; 05-05-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: fix pic
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

How would I go about getting his dob, place of birth etc? I'd like to have one of our astrologers look into this.

Let me see. I would assume his place of birth is Avon IN as he calls that his home. I'll run a check on the public sites for his name, he's very young at 22 he may not have much of a paper trail.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Let me see. I would assume his place of birth is Avon IN as he calls that his home. I'll run a check on the public sites for his name, he's very young at 22 he may not have much of a paper trail.
    Thanks! He also listed I believe MO as a place he has lived. I'll check.

Yep he has lived in Kansas City MO and Overland Park, KS

ckwood his name is too common but I did find a social networking page for him on Geeks.

http://geeks.pirillo.com/profile/GeraldSmith

He is computer savvy and has a strong internet presence.

http://www.youtube.com/user/geraldjr10
    His youtube channel ~ 8 videos

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tech-by-gerald
    His live stream~inactive as of now

http://twitter.com/geraldjr10
    His twitter

He has many other sites that are listed in the sidebar of his youtube channel.

Interesting remark made at the end of this article by lookbothways:
    http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/news_...t_200905031540

Possible helpful hints:

1) Gerald wrote on Geek that he always carries his iPhone G3 and Motorola Bluetooth.

2) He also says he spends 80% of his waking hours on the internet. I know how this addiction goes. So if he is not on the internet, he is incapacitated.

3) His last activity on Geek and Twitter were April 30.

4) Someone viewed his Geek (maybe him? another member?) this morning. MAY 4

5) His Geek page shows a video of him and friends -- and he names all the friends at the end of video.

6) Geek video ALSO shows him inside a tight CAVE and also balancing on a tree branch in a body of water.

7) Geeks link: http://geeks.pirillo.com/profile/GeraldSmith

8) He twitters as geraldjr10

Hope all that helps in your search!

A note about the #4 on the tips lookbothways added to that article:

The ticker calendar on that webpage shows when someone visits and views the page, not when he signs into his page. His last signin was Last On: 10:18AM, 30 Apr 09

Thanks Kat! I did see his Geek page. I don't think this looks good at all - doesn't seem the type to walk away from everything.

A note about the #4 on the tips lookbothways added to that article:

The ticker calendar on that webpage shows when someone visits and views the page, not when he signs into his page. His last signin was Last On: 10:18AM, 30 Apr 09
    Yep I saw that! I looked at it today. I live very close to Avon Indiana. Wish I knew someone who knew his dob info.

I can't find it ckwood but if he is gone much longer they may do a flyer for him and that might possibly have his DOB on it. We can hope.

I can't find it ckwood but if he is gone much longer they may do a flyer for him and that might possibly have his DOB on it. We can hope.
    Yeah that's true! Found out his parents are Billy and Robin Hill Avon, IN (stepdad).

Excellent work Ck. Gerald seems like a very intelligent, solid young man. I wonder if it is out of character for him to go away for a bit? Meaning has he ever done this before?

If not, I'm very worried for him. He seems like a nice young man from what I've seen of his internet presence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast