1358 users online (251 members and 1107 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Hannah Davenport, 6, starved to death, Pineville, 29 Jan 2005

The murder trial that was supposed to begin this week for a mother accused of allegedly starving her 6 year-old daughter to death in 2005 has been postponed because the attorney for the woman doesn't have a license to practice in the state of Missouri.

Karen Davenport was originally charged with involuntary manslaughter in 2005 starvation death of her daughter, Hannah.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blog...r-accused.html
    Last edited by Kathee; 05-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

Karen Davenport is due back in court on May 19th for a PTC.
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

HOW can a parent do such a thing? It's beyond my level of understanding. Which is why I think anyone who murders a child, especially a parent - deserves the dp. They bring those innocent children into the world, it's their utmost responsibility to care for them.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

I just posted about the Milwaukee mother and hoping she gets the macimum 25 years. I don't know what MO's maximum is for 2nd degree murder, but I hope that this miserable woman get same. I really do. These "parents" make me sick to my stomach - how can they DO these things to their children?!?!?!?!

IMO, she should get life or the DP! That was a slow, painful death for Hannah. Sentencing guidelines need to be restructured, IMO, and 'good time' should be done away with.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

From May 2010:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loca...c78d8310b.html

Jurors heard enough evidence to convict Karen Chandler, formerly Karen Davenport, of second-degree involuntary manslaughter in the 2005 death of her 6-year-old daughter...

Hannah suffered from a birth defect known as an ectopic anus, which affected how she digested food and how her body disposed of fecal matter. Both sides agreed that the girl’s birth defect caused chronic constipation...

The jury of eight women and four men deliberated for five hours, then called for a $5,000 fine but no time behind bars. The fine assessed by Judge Timothy Perigo was the maximum allowed...

The second-degree charge states the defendant was “criminally negligent” in failing to provide treatment for her child.