1341 users online (244 members and 1097 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Farmworker who discovered suitcase to get reward

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=6796245

TRACY, CA (KGO) -- The farm worker who found a suitcase containing the remains of a kidnapped Tracy girl will receive $20,000 in reward money.
    He says he'll use the money to help put his kids through college.

well good for him

also:

LA Psychic Makes Claim On Cantu Reward Money

A Los Angeles psychic is claiming she should receive some of the reward money in the Sandra Cantu case because of her predictions.
    Dani Pedlow says she was contacted by a Tracy resident and sent her text and e-mail messages.

Dani Pedlow says she was contacted by a Tracy resident and sent her text and e-mail messages.

...Pedlow says she described the location of Cantu's body to the woman and said that Cantu was killed in a church.
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/19339071/detail.html
    not sure what to think about this..
    Last edited by r0tflcopter; 05-05-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: linkage.
    For Kayla Reed and Sandra Cantu.

Quote Originally Posted by r0tflcopter View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=6796245

well good for him

also:

LA Psychic Makes Claim On Cantu Reward Money

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19339071/detail.html
    not sure what to think about this..
    Good for him. The farmworker deserves it, the psychic doesn't! She didn't report her findings to the police, she claimed Sandra was in a "canyon", and her visions didn't lead to finding Sandra's body!!! Just someone who wants her 15 min. of fame.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Farmworker, You deserve this reward
    Psychic, Inappropriate!
    God bless Sandra & her family.
    Last edited by Schmerty_Jones; 05-05-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: sp

Ths psychic just incanted and babbled, she didn't find Sandra, the farm worker physically found the suitcase. He deserves the reward. Even if he didn't open the suitcase, he had to of known what it was and been very traumatized by the whole thing.

Thats an awful lot of money I wish some could be set aside for Sandra's siblings. They have a very long road to recovery

You know, I've had it up to here with these people, between the trolls and psychics coming out of the woodwork in the Brittanee Drexel case and the thousands of useless and rediculous tips called into crime stoppers and LE in the Anthony case. Sure it's obvious what tips should and shouldn't be followed up on, but someone had to work the phones, sort through the emails and retrieve the faxes. How is a legit tip supposed to get through with that kind of mess clogging up the resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    Thats an awful lot of money I wish some could be set aside for Sandra's siblings. They have a very long road to recovery
    IIRC there is a separate fund set up for the Cantu/Chavez family.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    You know, I've had it up to here with these people, between the trolls and psychics coming out of the woodwork in the Brittanee Drexel case and the thousands of useless and rediculous tips called into crime stoppers and LE in the Anthony case. Sure it's obvious what tips should and shouldn't be followed up on, but someone had to work the phones, sort through the emails and retrieve the faxes. How is a legit tip supposed to get through with that kind of mess clogging up the resources?
    I hear you! I'm actually not a total disbeliever in psychics, and I do belive that some of them are the real thing. is that women like this make legit psychics look bad. I really do think there are WAY to many people that KNOWINGLY call in tips (psychic and otherwise) they know are false.

Its sickening, the couple of seconds it takes for a wacko to make a call translates to LE having to deal with one more obstacle to finding these kids. To those kids even a few seconds can be the difference between life and death!

I came to Websleuth's AFTER little Kaylee Anthony was found. As I read through everything, Astro thread included, that was posted BEFORE Kaylee was found I was amazed at how many Websleuthers were saying things that matched up with where she eventually was found. I haven't heard of any Websleuthers trying to claim reward money.

Is this woman trying to use the media attention paid to everything about Sandra's case to gain client's, people with missing loved one's she is going to exploit, what's the deal?
    Last edited by daisy.faithfull; 05-06-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: fixed a glaring spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    A-freaking-men!

Being as taxpayers fund every aspect of LE, it is OUR money being wasted to deal with such useless tips. Look at Caylee's case: if I remember correctly, the LE tipline handled a ridiculous amount of psychic tips...

From the article:

Tracy police say they never had any contact with Pedlow and didn't use any information from psychics during the investigation.

Some people have no shame, and an extraordinary amount of greed. It is so hard for me to understand.

well... If she were any good, she would have already known that she wasn't getting the $...

It will follow, I think, that the farmworker, just like the meter reader in the Casey Anthony case, will be accused by the defense of being the real murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    A-freaking-men!

Being as taxpayers fund every aspect of LE, it is OUR money being wasted to deal with such useless tips. Look at Caylee's case: if I remember correctly, the LE tipline handled a ridiculous amount of psychic tips...
    Thousands, IIRC.

The farmworker who found the suitcase absolutely deserves the reward funds. jmo In addition, it was a smart move on his part not to open it.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Post Reward recipient in Sandra Cantu case shuns public spotlight

By Elizabeth Croisetiere
    San Joaquin Herald
    Posted: 05/07/2009 12:15:01 PM PDT
    Updated: 05/07/2009 12:22:41 PM PDT

TRACY — In a private ceremony this morning, a Tracy farm worker was presented with more $20,000 in reward money from the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation for discovering a suitcase which contained the body of a missing 8-year-old Tracy girl.
    Jose Luis Franco, 40, who on April 6 found the suitcase floating in a pond he was working at, initially declined the reward, saying he wanted the money to be given to Sandra Cantu's family. However, because of the foundation's bylaws, the money must go directly to him.
    Scott Webb, executive director of the foundation, said there are no restrictions on how the money can be spent, and Franco has indicated it will go toward his children's education.
    On Wednesday Tracy police issued a press release inviting the media to a public ceremony to honor Franco while he received his reward, but this morning, 30 minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to begin, they announced that he had opted for a private ceremony. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_12317724
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast