1136 users online (205 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Bria Metz, 17, pregnant, found murdered, Davenport, 4 May 2009

http://www.wftv.com/news/19382928/detail.html

The Polk County Sheriff's Office says the body of 17-year-old Bria Metz was found Monday in Davenport, where she apparently was dumped. Fingerprints were used to determine her identity
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Rest in peace Bria.

A tattooed body found in a Polk County pine grove was identified today as a pregnant St. Petersburg teen with a long criminal history.

The body of Bria Metz, 17, was found Monday about 1 p.m. by a maintenance worker off Minute Maid Ramp Road Two in Davenport, where she apparently had been dumped, the Sheriff's Office said. The decomposed remains, which were covered in tattoos of dollar signs, cherries, stars, flowers and mens' names, were identified through fingerprints.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2098261.story

It may be difficult to narrow down the suspect pool unless they know for certain the paternity of her baby. It would be a starting point, at least.

It is sad to hear that a 17 year old has a long criminal history and tats of men's names. This girl sounds like she lived a hard knock life. (sigh) RIP Bria Metz.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

sad life a sad death and loss of a child. I hope they still do their best to solve this. Friends may know who she was "involved" with last or if she knew who the father was....
    "I'll keep my God, my freedom, my gun and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE".

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    A tattooed body found in a Polk County pine grove was identified today as a pregnant St. Petersburg teen with a long criminal history.

~~~respectfully snipped for space~~~

It is sad to hear that a 17 year old has a long criminal history and tats of men's names. This girl sounds like she lived a hard knock life. (sigh) RIP Bria Metz.
    ~~~Bolded by me

Had this young woman even been listed as missing? Obviously, she laid in those woods for quite some time if she was already decomposed.

What a tragedy--not only was a young woman's life cut short, but her baby never even had a chance.

Why would they even feel it necessary to add this comment (bolded abover) into the article. This young woman was someone's daughter. I am sure that just hearing the news of her being found in this manner was hard enough--did the Sentinel have to add insult to injury?

How sad.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Oh my, how terrible. My friend lives in Davenport and it's a really nice, safe town. Rest in peace, Bria and Baby.

She didn't deserve to die, and this is going to sound cold, but if she had had the baby I'm afraid the next thing we would have heard about is another poor child being abused, neglected, or murdered by some **** boyfriend. Again, I repeat, she didn't deserve to die--either way, the baby didn't stand a chance.

Death Considered Suspicious: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...spicious_death

Polk County Sheriff’s deputies are asking the publics health in the suspicious death of a St. Petersburg teen whose body was found in Davenport on Monday.

Police said road maintenance employees located the body of 17-year-old Bria Metz in a wooded area off Minute Maid Ramp Road 2. The girl’s grandmother said Metz was last seen leaving their home on April 30 around 3 p.m.

Family members said Metz was approximately three months pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    She didn't deserve to die, and this is going to sound cold, but if she had had the baby I'm afraid the next thing we would have heard about is another poor child being abused, neglected, or murdered by some **** boyfriend. Again, I repeat, she didn't deserve to die--either way, the baby didn't stand a chance.
    Sorry - but I agree. I'm tired about reading about teen mothers living in questionable circumstances having babies and either hurting them themselves or allowing dirtbags into their lives who hurt or kill their children. Can't take it anymore!!!!

I don't think that sounds cold. I suspect all have us who hang out here and read what we read every day have had thoughts along those lines. I know I have.

Sometimes I read things like this and think "that little soul is surely in a better place - they both are."

Like you, I don't think anyone should meet such a sad, lonely, brutal end.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

This is not true. Perhaps we are too blinded by all the negative news surrounding teen mothers, but there are plenty that struggle to give their child the best they can, better then a lot of 'adult' mothers I know. I think it is a disservice to her to assume she would not take care of, or give up her child for adoption.

JMO as a 17 year old mom, who's baby did survive all the way to 17, and counting. Imagine that!
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Quote Originally Posted by Atanua View Post
    This is not true. Perhaps we are too blinded by all the negative news surrounding teen mothers, but there are plenty that struggle to give their child the best they can, better then a lot of 'adult' mothers I know. I think it is a disservice to her to assume she would not take care of, or give up her child for adoption.

JMO as a 17 year old mom, who's baby did survive all the way to 17, and counting. Imagine that!

Your baby survived and I'm sure you were a good mom but did you have the history that this girl had? I would imagine that she had a real rough life and maybe was full of anger because of the violent nature of her crimes or she really liked to be mean. Chances are this baby would have come into a world where its needs and wants weren't met. I hope this girl would have turned her life around but chances are that she wouldn't have. I would guess she was also into drugs and alcohol and ran with a rough bunch.

It won't surprise me that she didn't get into it with someone who took things to far. She really was a violent girl. We know for sure that her baby is loved and is in the arms of the Lord....she couldn't be in a better place.

I bet her parents are winners. Don't mind me while I shift my focus from her to THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Loves Lurking View Post
    I bet her parents are winners. Don't mind me while I shift my focus from her to THEM.
    Time after time, we see that poverty, abuse, neglect and the absolute inability to raise children (somehow mysteriously coupled with the desire to get pregnant by a worthless partner) is a chain of pain. I don't know enough about this family to say they fell under this broad umbrella, but I can say I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast