GUILTY FL - Bria Metz, 17, pregnant, found murdered, Davenport, 4 May 2009

A tattooed body found in a Polk County pine grove was identified today as a pregnant St. Petersburg teen with a long criminal history.

The body of Bria Metz, 17, was found Monday about 1 p.m. by a maintenance worker off Minute Maid Ramp Road Two in Davenport, where she apparently had been dumped, the Sheriff's Office said. The decomposed remains, which were covered in tattoos of dollar signs, cherries, stars, flowers and mens' names, were identified through fingerprints.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ooed-body-identified-05052009,0,2098261.story

It may be difficult to narrow down the suspect pool unless they know for certain the paternity of her baby. It would be a starting point, at least.

It is sad to hear that a 17 year old has a long criminal history and tats of men's names. This girl sounds like she lived a hard knock life. (sigh) RIP Bria Metz.

sad life a sad death and loss of a child. I hope they still do their best to solve this. Friends may know who she was "involved" with last or if she knew who the father was....

A tattooed body found in a Polk County pine grove was identified today as a pregnant St. Petersburg teen with a long criminal history.

~~~respectfully snipped for space~~~

It is sad to hear that a 17 year old has a long criminal history and tats of men's names. This girl sounds like she lived a hard knock life. (sigh) RIP Bria Metz.

~~~Bolded by me

Had this young woman even been listed as missing? Obviously, she laid in those woods for quite some time if she was already decomposed.

What a tragedy--not only was a young woman's life cut short, but her baby never even had a chance.

Why would they even feel it necessary to add this comment (bolded abover) into the article. This young woman was someone's daughter. I am sure that just hearing the news of her being found in this manner was hard enough--did the Sentinel have to add insult to injury?

How sad.

Oh my, how terrible. My friend lives in Davenport and it's a really nice, safe town. Rest in peace, Bria and Baby.

She didn't deserve to die, and this is going to sound cold, but if she had had the baby I'm afraid the next thing we would have heard about is another poor child being abused, neglected, or murdered by some boyfriend. Again, I repeat, she didn't deserve to die--either way, the baby didn't stand a chance.

Death Considered Suspicious: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/050609metz_suspicious_death

Polk County Sheriff’s deputies are asking the publics health in the suspicious death of a St. Petersburg teen whose body was found in Davenport on Monday.

Police said road maintenance employees located the body of 17-year-old Bria Metz in a wooded area off Minute Maid Ramp Road 2. The girl’s grandmother said Metz was last seen leaving their home on April 30 around 3 p.m.

Family members said Metz was approximately three months pregnant.

She didn't deserve to die, and this is going to sound cold, but if she had had the baby I'm afraid the next thing we would have heard about is another poor child being abused, neglected, or murdered by some boyfriend. Again, I repeat, she didn't deserve to die--either way, the baby didn't stand a chance.

Sorry - but I agree. I'm tired about reading about teen mothers living in questionable circumstances having babies and either hurting them themselves or allowing dirtbags into their lives who hurt or kill their children. Can't take it anymore!!!! :furious:

I don't think that sounds cold. I suspect all have us who hang out here and read what we read every day have had thoughts along those lines. I know I have.

Sometimes I read things like this and think "that little soul is surely in a better place - they both are."

Like you, I don't think anyone should meet such a sad, lonely, brutal end.

This is not true. Perhaps we are too blinded by all the negative news surrounding teen mothers, but there are plenty that struggle to give their child the best they can, better then a lot of 'adult' mothers I know. I think it is a disservice to her to assume she would not take care of, or give up her child for adoption.

JMO as a 17 year old mom, who's baby did survive all the way to 17, and counting. Imagine that!

This is not true. Perhaps we are too blinded by all the negative news surrounding teen mothers, but there are plenty that struggle to give their child the best they can, better then a lot of 'adult' mothers I know. I think it is a disservice to her to assume she would not take care of, or give up her child for adoption.

JMO as a 17 year old mom, who's baby did survive all the way to 17, and counting. Imagine that!

Your baby survived and I'm sure you were a good mom but did you have the history that this girl had? I would imagine that she had a real rough life and maybe was full of anger because of the violent nature of her crimes or she really liked to be mean. Chances are this baby would have come into a world where its needs and wants weren't met. I hope this girl would have turned her life around but chances are that she wouldn't have. I would guess she was also into drugs and alcohol and ran with a rough bunch.

It won't surprise me that she didn't get into it with someone who took things to far. She really was a violent girl. We know for sure that her baby is loved and is in the arms of the Lord....she couldn't be in a better place.

I bet her parents are winners. Don't mind me while I shift my focus from her to THEM.

Time after time, we see that poverty, abuse, neglect and the absolute inability to raise children (somehow mysteriously coupled with the desire to get pregnant by a worthless partner) is a chain of pain. I don't know enough about this family to say they fell under this broad umbrella, but I can say I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

It isn't that she would be a teen mother....it's the violent criminal record she had.
The ones like you, who manage to make it, are not out there committing crimes.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article999189.ece

Sex offender charged in killing of pregnant St. Petersburg teen

Friday, May 8, 2009

...Aurelio Martinez, a registered sex offender, was arrested about 7 a.m. Thursday on a second-degree murder charge in the killing of 17-year-old Bria Metz, also of St. Petersburg.

Detectives took Martinez into custody after they found him hiding in his attic,...

...Martinez has a long criminal record...

...Metz wanted money, Martinez told detectives, and he drove her to her grandmother's house. The two argued in the car and began fighting after Metz threatened to tell police of their relationship.

Martinez told detectives he grabbed Metz's neck and held her for "three to five minutes," Wood said in a news release. When he realized she was no longer moving, he drove to Polk County...

(bria)Metz was enrolling at Pinellas Technical Education Center. She wanted to become a hairstylist or nurse, Jones said...

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...tle=St-Petersburg-Man-Charged-in-Teen-s-Death

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 4:53 a.m.

Aurelio Martinez, 36, a sex offender from St. Petersburg, is being held in Pinellas County Jail on charges of violating his probation on a 2003 conviction for child abuse and aggravated assault in Hollywood, Fla.

He is also charged with second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Bria Metz...

...On the night of her death, sometime between April 30 and May 1, the two were arguing about money while sitting in a Volkswagen Jetta outside Metz's great-grandmother's house where she lived, Martinez told detectives in an interview at the St. Petersburg Police Department.

Metz told Martinez she knew he was a sex offender, admitted she was 17 and told him she would call the police if he didn't give her money for an abortion, the report said...

Bria looks as though she lived like a throw away child. I'm not saying that her Grandmother (or Great-Grandmother by some accounts) that she lived with did not love and value her, but where were her parents during her childhood?

She was murdered by a sex offender who had gotten her pregnant.

Rest in Peace Bria, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the young girls that need love and guidance, that should be taught that they are valuable and special...and not have to look for love in places that cost them their life.

Wow - that didn't take long! Glad they can get this off the streets now.

Wow, that arrest came much sooner than I expected..but that's awesome! I'm so glad Bria and her unborn child will finally get some justice, and another piece of crap has been put in jail.

Rest in peace Bria. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back