NJ NJ - Martin Camacho, 13, Elizabeth, 20 March 1994

EdinburghLass

Reaction score
I hope I am doing this right. I saw that the Charley Project had added Martin Camacho to their site.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/camacho_martin.html

According to theyaremissed.org, Martin went missing at 13 which would make him around 28 now. http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200905690S

Name:Martin Yamil Camacho
Classification:Endangered Missing Adult Alias / Nickname:Martin Ortiz Date of Birth:1981-02-17 Date Missing:1994-03-20 From City/State:Elizabeth, NJ Missing From (Country):USA Age at Time of Disappearance:13 Gender:Male Race:Hispanic Height:69 inches Weight:170 to 180 pounds Hair Color:Black Hair (Other):Shaved Eye Color:Brown Complexion:Medium Identifying Characteristics:Tattoo on right forearm that says Love One Purpose , tattoo on right shoulder of word Boricua , and island of Puerto Rico with flag inside island border, tattoo on left arm that says Japan , tattoo on foot of Chinese symbol, faded brown birthmark on chest, healed fracture of arm from childhood injury, scar on right arm above bicep. Clothing:Generally wears blue jeans with white T-shirts, hoodies and sneakers. Wears Du-rags or Skully. Circumstances of Disappearance:Martin was released from Union Correctional Facility in Elizabeth, NJ with no personal belongings. He has had no contact made with family. Martin may call himself Ken or Goku. Martin has a medical condition and needs medical attention. Investigative Agency:Elizabeth (NJ) Police Department Phone:(908) 558-2033 NCIC #:M-947287728

Attachments

• camacho_martin.jpg
    camacho_martin.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
  • myspace.jpg
    myspace.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 9
Ok, only 13? Who did they release him to if not family? Surely they didnt just let him out on the streets. At 13 with a medical condition that needs meds, he would need some kind of support to refill rx. So many questions......

You guys bring up some valid points. The tattoo thing is interesting. If he was said to have one at that age I don't think it would be anything, but even if he had an older family member or friend who did ink for a living, would they have done that many for free? How is a thirteen year old or younger going to pay for that many tattoos, unless they are homemade? In addition, the love on purpose tattoo seems pretty philosophical for a thirteen year old to have.

Given his height and weight with the tattoos, aliases and pictures, I am going to guess they have his age wrong. Is it possible his DOB could have been 1971, making him 23 instead?
In addition, when I googled Union Correctional Facility in Elizabeth, NJ it gave me an adult jail, not juvenile detention.
I don't know, it clearly states that he was thirteen but also says missing endangered adult as its header. This is peculiar.
I wish it stated what he had been in jail for, would it have caused any retribution from anybody, did he run with a group of friends/gang that could have either provided him anonymity or harm?
And what is his medical condition? Is it something life threatening?

And lastly, when he was released from the corrections dept, was he to have a court appearance, or was he on probation etc...?

This case is perplexing in the ways that all missing people cases are but in addition, it seems like the bureaucracy would have put a little more effort into finding him before 15 years went by. Maybe I am just being naive.

At any rate, I hope there is a favorable outcome for Martin. His picture seems to reflect a good hearted boy/man and his family deserves answers!

re-read the above post tatoo is on wrong arm

This was a possible match, victim has a tattoo on arm and evidence of a fracture,

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1180

No Image Available
Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on April 23, 1996 in Atlantic County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: 1995
State of Remains: Partial Remains

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 29 - 49 years old
Approximate Height: 5' 10" ( Est. )
Distinguishing Characteristics: Fractured arm, lower left
Tattoos:Upper left arm

Case History
Victim found near Beach Haven, New Jersey.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Donna Fontana
New Jersey State Police
609.584.5051 x 5656
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
5-96-0103

NCIC Number:
U-953171884
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back