Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I live in Spartanburg, SC (between Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC). Our local news station just showed a clip of Brittanee's boyfriend talking to the media.
No knew info. His main comment was that how important the first 48 hrs is in finding a person. He felt that LE was lax in that respect since he knew that Britanee was not a runaway, and that is how LE treated the case in the beginning.

I checked the stations website to see if the clip was on line...no luck. I will keep checking and will let you all know if it becomes available.

Here is the TV stations website www.wspa.com

I'm bringing this quote by RDHS over from the old thread.

That's what I was worried about, LE treating this more as a runaway case and missing that crucial time period in the beginning. Now that the FBI is on the case, I'm sure it's not so relaxed, but we're already way past that 48 hour window.

well, to be fair, she actually was a runaway, in some sense. She did run away to MB without her parents knowing where she was and that is how the cops looked at it. I'm sure they deal with alot of "runaway" situations in a resort town like that. They probably figured she just didn't want to go back home.

Brittanee's boyfriend just spoke by telephone to Mike G. on HLN. He said that she barely knew the girls she traveled with, that they were acquaintances at best. I still don't understand why they don't seem to care more. It seems people who don't know her at all care more about her than her so-called friends.

Her boyfriend sounds like a really great guy, though.

I agree distracted. Driving me insane the way they seem so non-chalant about the whole thing . :furious:

can someone confirm this for me....that her boyfriend didn't know she was in MB either, or did she phone/text him from there. If so, that means he didn't tell her mother where she was? I'm not clear on what the boyfriend knew and when. He must have been hurt/mad that she would go there without him or at least telling him.

sorry, I see from the article he did know she was going...and that means he didn't tell her mother. That's not good.

says she had her own relationship issues, wonder what those were?

Quote from January: I don't understand why you're picking on me and my posts.. especially one so simple as the one you quoted. I fail to see where I mentioned anything in that quote pertaining to JO being in any photos or anything about multiple pairs of black shorts.

Januarary
I am not really picking on you! I said the comment bothered me and was petty. In the discussion on the two pair of black shorts someone asked a question to the effect why ask for them back if she has 2 pair. You replied.. "Probably just to get at her". Don't you think that is somewhat mean-spirited?

I'm HERE for the discussion and theorys but tiring of so many comments where people seem to know what these girls think and their motives.

Have you heard of "ghetto"? The HS Brittanee went to has a reputation for being ghetto. From the foul language in Facebook etc. these girls appear to be ghetto. Like I said, I am APPALLED by some of their behavior and apparent lack of concern. But I think some of their behavior is girls being girls and some is ghetto. THey are not goodie goods by any means. I would not want my 16 yo hanging out with them. Just my $.02.

can someone confirm this for me....that her boyfriend didn't know she was in MB either, or did she phone/text him from there. If so, that means he didn't tell her mother where she was? I'm not clear on what the boyfriend knew and when. He must have been hurt/mad that she would go there without him or at least telling him.

sorry, I see from the article he did know she was going...and that means he didn't tell her mother. That's not good.

says she had her own relationship issues, wonder what those were?

I remember reading somwehere that he told her that she should go and get away from things. Let me see if I can dig that up again.

Brittanee's boyfriend just spoke by telephone to Mike G. on HLN. He said that she barely knew the girls she traveled with, that they were acquaintances at best.

I believe him. However, someone claiming to know them all on FB mentioned something about them loving her like a sister... which is odd for "acquaintances at best", no? I would so love to be a fly on the wall at a gossip session between these girls.

Yes, here it is...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3706178&postcount=308

I am very concerned with the behavior of the 'acquaintances' she traveled to MB with and the fact she did not return with them. To make such a long trip with people-stay with-have pics taken-and they travel back without her and then post callous statements on their webpages? Seems appalling and downright suspicious. I know LE is not sharing certain info but I hope they are looking at this bunch very closely. What are the odds that Brittanie was selected by a freak.........?? On the other hand, given the circumstances that they apparently shunned her at some point so much that she texted her boyfriend about it...that to me is a major clue. I am very disturbed with the whole notion that they are beyond caring. They are embolding themselves and closing ranks by hiding behind their webpages..and showing some sort of false bravado. Believe me, one of them is a 'ringleader' amd running the show. Logic tells me to look at the crowd she stayed with first. I do have a question? WAs Brittanie staying in the same hotel room as the others? And they moved rooms sometime-we don't know when.

Ok, I can't find that anywhere now. Does anyone remember reading that JG told B she should go on the trip? Where on earth did I see that?

I do have a question? WAs Brittanie staying in the same hotel room as the others? And they moved rooms sometime-we don't know when.

I believe she was staying with JO and AL and possibly a boy? Can anyone confirm?

Her boyfriend encouraged her to go because she needed to get away. Since it was only for three days, he didn't think it would be a big deal. So sad.

Here's another new article with an interview with Peter B. He provides some additional info about the night he and his friends last saw her.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S919264.shtml?cat=572

I believe she was staying with JO and AL and possibly a boy? Can anyone confirm?

As I recall, she stayed in a room w/ two girls, JO, AL, and one guy UO.

To date, I haven't seen any confirmation as to WHAT day or time the girls moved over to the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk Hotel is noted in the police report indicating her rommates had moved there. We just don't know WHEN they did, before Britanee went out on her own on the 25th or later that evening???

police report below

Attachments

• drexelreport1.pdf POLICE RPT.pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 20
Ok, I can't find that anywhere now. Does anyone remember reading that JG told B she should go on the trip? Where on earth did I see that?

He's quoted as saying that in the article I posted a few posts up.

The interview with Peter was very interesting. Sounds like B. had planned to stay at their hotel room awhile (not just going their to get flip flops) because she has to turn around and leave right away.

Comment "The strip didn't bother her and she had walked alone the past few nights"...it sounds to me like she was alone there most of the time, and not hanging out with these girls. Otherwise, why would she be walking alone at night. Somebody could have seen her walking alone a few times and zeroed in on her as a good target. These kind of people can sense a good target a mile away, believe me. I think this is an important fact in this case.

Peter does seem to know alot about her comings and goings though, so I have a feeling he knew alot of what was going on with the girls, etc.

Has it been mentioned anywhere that Jen O confirmed she called B about the shorts that night?

Peter says he was surprised that B was not upset about having to walk back a mile, shortly after arriving, after getting the call about the shorts.

What if B just told the boys that's what the call was about... what if it was a call from someone she had met at the club earlier or something, and she took off to meet that person somewhere?

I wish they'd find her :(
But barring that... I wish they'd find that cell phone!

Peter B in his interview is all concerned with himself-not Brittanie-what a jerk. And for him so actually say he was SURPRISED she was not upset about walking to their hotel is an indication that somehow he thought she should be-that he knew that the walk was some sort of shun or punishment from the girls-it doesn't make sense-he knows something I also feel-and he is just trying to protect himself without implicating the girls she was staying with. I don't get it-didn't any of them care about her at all? This is so upsetting to me. It is one thing to offer a ride (if he actually did) and another thing to insist on it. I think the boys were influenced by the girls who were angry with Britannie and that the girls set her up somehow. This is just my opinion and if I Am wrong I apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie