744 users online (100 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - Pedophile at my childs school!!!

Okay guys when I saw this on the news I was absolutely floored. I freaked out so bad I had a panic attack. This guy molested a child in my daughters grade!! I found out quickly after that he never was in my childs class thank god, not that I feel any better because another poor child is scarred. Now let me tell you too that they just put this on the news last night and I went up to the school and evidently it happened a few weeks back. My daughters teacher told me that its wayyyy worse then how they portrayed it on the news. Also there are pictures of him in my kids yearbook with the class of the victim. I am so sick to my stomach. Will kids ever be safe.

He was trusted around kids.
    Now he's accused of molesting a little girl at school during nap time.
    76-year-old Lawrence Gobert Junior of Lake Charles is accused of inappropriately touching and exposing himself to a 4-year-old girl

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.a...1&nav=menu66_2

Omigosh I would have flipped out!! I totally don't blame you. Thank goodness he didn't have contact with your daughter.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor little girl who this sicko came into contact with. I hope she's able to heal fully from this piece of crap.

WHOA - that is a frightening mug shot.

Tell me about it

What? Why was he at the school? What purpose? Did he have any history? Was he not checked out? When you say way worse...how?

So disgusting. He's nasty looking. The hair went up on the back of my neck just looking at him. Didn't anyone get creeped out by this guy? Few details in that news blurb.

Tell me more!

I'm sick

bless your heart! Having walked in the shoes of one innocent who was molested...I already have big (I mean bigbig) issues of trust! I am raising one of my 4yo granddaughters and she goes to preschool..and I almost had a panick attack reading this...I try to watch everything and everybody around her (without trying to be overtly obvious) but this just again re-enforces that horrible and frightening knowledge that our children are "at risk" 24/7 (so to speak)
    sorry to sound rambling....I'm just terribly upset for all...I surely hope the child will get some good therapy....and they don't sweep it under the rug...
    ~~All my posts are IMHO~~

I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it. ~Maya Angelou~

He looks so creepy! He looks like another perp I've seen ...okay, it's the guy in Austria who raped his daughter and kept her hostage in a dungeon room with the children he fathered via the rapes. Josef Fritzl, ugh

And how on earth did the perp at your daughter's school ever get to be alone with a little child in the class? I have heard of elderly people volunteering their time to help teachers, but he doesn't look as if he would have any knowledge or whatever to assist a teacher. Revolting looking.
    Last edited by Columbo; 05-08-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add picture

Amanda I live in Lake Charles..............when I saw that I almost fell of my chair!

Why was he trusted...I could look at this guy and my radar would go off..(I said this about Muhommad Atta also)......I wonder if he had a record, if so, major changes need to happen at this school regarding who is "trusted" with the kids.

Well you guys all ask great questions and I wish I could answer them but they are not offering up any info other than what was on the news. I would loveeeeeeeeeee to know why the hell they left him alone with children at nap time. All I can say is that teacher is really something. I dont like her and havent liked her the whole year. I cant blame her because I dont know what went on, but I know that my daughters class has both teachers at all times, and when one is out someone else fills in. It sickened me so bad that this could have been my kid.

I know how you feel. One of my son's teachers in elementary school was arrested and jailed for molesting and trying to seduce young boys on the internet. He had videotaped himself molesting some. I always thought there was something strange about him. He acted gay yet he was married (newly married). I never would have guessed he was a pedophile though. Always trust your instincts. If there seems to be something strange about them then you have every right to keep them away from your child. You're the parent, you don't have to make up any excuses.

I wonder if anyone had ever complained about the old geezer before, even for acting odd, and they weren't listened to. When the man who works with kids at my local school was acting so strange and violent towards me and scaring my grandsons, I was told "oh, he's just an old man".

As parents, you (we) must always remember that there are far more pedophiles who are not yet convicted, i.e., flying under the radar, then there are ones who have actual criminal histories of their disgusting acts. For every 1 that is "known", there are probably 50 that aren't known.

Be wary of the registered ones, be MORE wary of all the ones that aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by eleven View Post
    As parents, you (we) must always remember that there are far more pedophiles who are not yet convicted, i.e., flying under the radar, then there are ones who have actual criminal histories of their disgusting acts. For every 1 that is "known", there are probably 50 that aren't known.

Be wary of the registered ones, be MORE wary of all the ones that aren't.
    (bolded my me)

Truer words were never spoke. This cannot be repeated enough. The number of recognized sexual offenders is just a small percentage of actual offenders. They come from many walks of life, educated, uneducated, ugly, handsome, the bum on the corner and the admired local businessman. I think that many of us would be very surprised to know just how many of these unknowns that cross our paths during our lifetimes.

AmandaB I am sorry this happened in your daughters school. Why is the school not addressing their background check policy or any sexual abuse policy? Is there no policy or handout the school provides for parents? If not check with the superindentant.

This guy is extremely creepy looking and should never have been alone with a child. On the creepy note.. those eyebrows, puffy eyes and crooked smile remind me of someone we saw recently wearing a red suit, aged about a decade.... eeks!

My prayers for the victim.

Amanda, I apologize for coming off all commando, but I would march in there and DEMAND some answers. For God's sake this is your kid's school and they owe the parents an explanation!!!! Sorry, I take after all the strong and often obnoxiously nosey women in my family.

Can you form a group of other parents and force a school board meeting? You deserve some answers my friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast