LA - Pedophile at my childs school!!!

AmandaBrown23

Im just living among all the madness
Reaction score
Okay guys when I saw this on the news I was absolutely floored. I freaked out so bad I had a panic attack. This guy molested a child in my daughters grade!! I found out quickly after that he never was in my childs class thank god, not that I feel any better because another poor child is scarred. Now let me tell you too that they just put this on the news last night and I went up to the school and evidently it happened a few weeks back. My daughters teacher told me that its wayyyy worse then how they portrayed it on the news. Also there are pictures of him in my kids yearbook with the class of the victim. I am so sick to my stomach. Will kids ever be safe.

He was trusted around kids.
Now he's accused of molesting a little girl at school during nap time.
76-year-old Lawrence Gobert Junior of Lake Charles is accused of inappropriately touching and exposing himself to a 4-year-old girl

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10324761&nav=menu66_2

Omigosh I would have flipped out!! I totally don't blame you. Thank goodness he didn't have contact with your daughter.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor little girl who this sicko came into contact with. I hope she's able to heal fully from this piece of crap.

WHOA - that is a frightening mug shot.

What? Why was he at the school? What purpose? Did he have any history? Was he not checked out? When you say way worse...how?

So disgusting. He's nasty looking. The hair went up on the back of my neck just looking at him. Didn't anyone get creeped out by this guy? Few details in that news blurb.

Tell me more!

bless your heart! Having walked in the shoes of one innocent who was molested...I already have big (I mean bigbig) issues of trust! I am raising one of my 4yo granddaughters and she goes to preschool..and I almost had a panick attack reading this...I try to watch everything and everybody around her (without trying to be overtly obvious) but this just again re-enforces that horrible and frightening knowledge that our children are "at risk" 24/7 (so to speak)
sorry to sound rambling....I'm just terribly upset for all...I surely hope the child will get some good therapy....and they don't sweep it under the rug...
:blowkiss:

He looks so creepy! He looks like another perp I've seen ...okay, it's the guy in Austria who raped his daughter and kept her hostage in a dungeon room with the children he fathered via the rapes. Josef Fritzl, ugh
art.austriadad.gi.jpg

And how on earth did the perp at your daughter's school ever get to be alone with a little child in the class? I have heard of elderly people volunteering their time to help teachers, but he doesn't look as if he would have any knowledge or whatever to assist a teacher. Revolting looking.

Amanda I live in Lake Charles..............when I saw that I almost fell of my chair!

Why was he trusted...I could look at this guy and my radar would go off..(I said this about Muhommad Atta also)......I wonder if he had a record, if so, major changes need to happen at this school regarding who is "trusted" with the kids.

Well you guys all ask great questions and I wish I could answer them but they are not offering up any info other than what was on the news. I would loveeeeeeeeeee to know why the hell they left him alone with children at nap time. All I can say is that teacher is really something. I dont like her and havent liked her the whole year. I cant blame her because I dont know what went on, but I know that my daughters class has both teachers at all times, and when one is out someone else fills in. It sickened me so bad that this could have been my kid.

I know how you feel. One of my son's teachers in elementary school was arrested and jailed for molesting and trying to seduce young boys on the internet. He had videotaped himself molesting some. I always thought there was something strange about him. He acted gay yet he was married (newly married). I never would have guessed he was a pedophile though. Always trust your instincts. If there seems to be something strange about them then you have every right to keep them away from your child. You're the parent, you don't have to make up any excuses.

I wonder if anyone had ever complained about the old geezer before, even for acting odd, and they weren't listened to. When the man who works with kids at my local school was acting so strange and violent towards me and scaring my grandsons, I was told "oh, he's just an old man".

As parents, you (we) must always remember that there are far more pedophiles who are not yet convicted, i.e., flying under the radar, then there are ones who have actual criminal histories of their disgusting acts. For every 1 that is "known", there are probably 50 that aren't known.

Be wary of the registered ones, be MORE wary of all the ones that aren't.

As parents, you (we) must always remember that there are far more pedophiles who are not yet convicted, i.e., flying under the radar, then there are ones who have actual criminal histories of their disgusting acts. For every 1 that is "known", there are probably 50 that aren't known.

Be wary of the registered ones, be MORE wary of all the ones that aren't.
(bolded my me)

Truer words were never spoke. This cannot be repeated enough. The number of recognized sexual offenders is just a small percentage of actual offenders. They come from many walks of life, educated, uneducated, ugly, handsome, the bum on the corner and the admired local businessman. I think that many of us would be very surprised to know just how many of these unknowns that cross our paths during our lifetimes.

AmandaB I am sorry this happened in your daughters school. Why is the school not addressing their background check policy or any sexual abuse policy? Is there no policy or handout the school provides for parents? If not check with the superindentant.

This guy is extremely creepy looking and should never have been alone with a child. On the creepy note.. those eyebrows, puffy eyes and crooked smile remind me of someone we saw recently wearing a red suit, aged about a decade.... eeks!

My prayers for the victim.

Amanda, I apologize for coming off all commando, but I would march in there and DEMAND some answers. For God's sake this is your kid's school and they owe the parents an explanation!!!! Sorry, I take after all the strong and often obnoxiously nosey women in my family.

Can you form a group of other parents and force a school board meeting? You deserve some answers my friend.

AmandaB I am sorry this happened in your daughters school. Why is the school not addressing their background check policy or any sexual abuse policy? Is there no policy or handout the school provides for parents? If not check with the superindentant.

This guy is extremely creepy looking and should never have been alone with a child. On the creepy note.. those eyebrows, puffy eyes and crooked smile remind me of someone we saw recently wearing a red suit, aged about a decade.... eeks!
My prayers for the victim.

The school may very well have had a background check which this man passed. Recently, in my area there was a day care facility where a woman's husband with no previous record or problems molested several girls. Who knows when a man becomes a perp.

There was a background check and he did pass it. This just means he could have done it before and never been caught. I did speak to the principal yesterday and she said that he was removed immediately when the girls mom showed up and told what happened to her. According to the news it was touching and he exposed himself but my daughters teacher said it was much worse than that. I have not had a chance to talk more with her about it but I am going to. My older kids say they saw him in the school and creeps them out the way he smiles. How crazy is that??? A 10 year old and 8 year old realize a man is a creep and about 30 adults cant see it.

My son exposed the Pedophile in this case. Just take a look at the link.....This guy had a criminal history 10 years prior to the allegations in 2003. The School gave him a key to the school, and even defended the man in light of his prior bad acts admitted at his criminal trial.

In our town it was a longtime trusted school athletic volunteer. He used his affiliation with the school to lure young boys to weightlifting at the school and his house. Allegations surfaced in 2003 in Liberal Kansas and a police investigation revealed that the volunteer had an arrest in texas and admission to touching young boys in 1989. He moved to our town in 1991 and shortly thereafter became a volunteer for the school. He had been working with students through the school for over 10 years when the 2003 allegations surfaced, the entire community including officials from the school defended the man. A 2004 Criminal trial against the volunteer ensued. Below is a link to a website of all the testimony and newspaper articles:

http://schoolvolunteerbackgroundcheck.blogspot.com
http://schoolsexualabuse.blogspot.com

During his criminal trial, the head Liberal Kansas High School wrestling coach, testified on page 230-232 of the criminal trial transcript, that even if he had known that Mr. Aubrey had masturbated an 11 year old boy in 1989, he still would have allowed young boys to be given baths and massages alone in Mr. Aubrey’s home.

In the sworn testimony of the school wrestling coach “Everyone deserves a second chance”. The coach made these under oath statements even after he sat through the testimony of a 27 year old man who testified that when he was 11 years old in 1989 that Mr. Aubrey drove him to a secluded location and masturbated him. The 1989 prior bad acts were admitted at the 2004 criminal trial.

The point of this being, the 2003 victims testified that Mr. Aubrey would give them nude massages in his home, openly talk to the boys about sexual matters while they were soaking in the nude in his bathtub and were taught how to put on a condom and forced to masturbate in Mr. Aubreys home. All under the guise of "Sex Education" If one reads the testimony of Mr. Aubrey on the website, he admits to all of this, but was acquitted by a seward county Kansas Jury in 2004. According to the prosecutor, there was a flaw in the Kansas statute in that a nude massage was not 'sexual touching" as defined in the statute and forcing a child to masturbate in the presence of an adult escaped the statute as well. If one reads the testimony on the websites, this was a real travesty of justice because this known pedophile is still on the streets of Liberal, Kansas.

These sickos are very crafty, be careful with your children. If something doesn't seem quite right, it probably isnt.

I want to know WHY his bond was set at $25,000???? Don't they just have to come up with 10% to get bonded out?..TOO EASY in my book..This really pi$$e$ me off..What is the price of safety for a 4 year old child..This man needs to be LOCKED UP until trial..NO BOND...IMO, this is why so many tragedies happen..They let these perps out too soon and they disappear, they are forgotten, they get off too easy...and they are free to do it again...DANG, Can you tell I'm MAD???? :mad:

I want to know WHY his bond was set at $25,000???? Don't they just have to come up with 10% to get bonded out?..TOO EASY in my book..This really pi$$e$ me off..What is the price of safety for a 4 year old child..This man needs to be LOCKED UP until trial..NO BOND...IMO, this is why so many tragedies happen..They let these perps out too soon and they disappear, they are forgotten, they get off too easy...and they are free to do it again...DANG, Can you tell I'm MAD???? :mad:

His bond in Borger Texas was 7,500 1989, with nobody excited to testify against him, his company "Duke Energy" apparently transferred him to Liberal Kansas with full knowledge of the arrest and allegation with no warning to the community. As they say "He was just a good ole boy who helps kids" as the school would say in Liberal Kansas.

One possible reason his bond was set so low was the County Attorney was the Brother of the school Wrestling coach who testified on his behalf at his 2004 criminal trial that in the face of the prior bad acts testimony " Everybody deserves a second chance"

The entire community wanted this to just go away in 2003. It would have had it not been for my son and 2 others. So the setting of the 25,000 bond was due to knowing the right people. The think that got to me was the denial of what the man actually was. After I learned of the prior arrest and admission, I pushed it to the limit, only for this man to get off and is still living free in liberal, kansas. Hopefully he is identifed so as not to have any contact with children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back