2009.05.08 Nancy Grace

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Good evening! :seeya:

Breaking News -- The family of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, speaks out after the ex-cop is indicted on first degree murder charges in her death. How did Savio die and where is Peterson's missing fourth wife, Stacy? Nancy Grace has all the latest breaking developments from court and jail, 8 & 10 p.m. ET on HLN.
Read the indictment:Click here

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Nancy's on now.

Bombshell tonight ~ Drew arrested; murder one charges for the 2004 drowning death of wife #3 Kathleen Savio. Peterson in front of a judge for formal charges. Kathleen wrote a letter predicting her own death. Did Stacey tell a minister that Drew confessed to Kathleen's murder?

Giving background of case now.

Showing video of DP arriving at court today. Orange jumpsuit, shackles and smiling.

After months of investigation a secret grand jury charges DP with 1st degree murder.

Nancy's also going over Kathleen's autopsy report, citing injuries, including to the top of her head.

CNN correspondent: 20 min. court appearance today. Van stopped about 10 yds. away from courthouse, perp walk, DP said "feel fine, can't complain, 3 square meals a day, spiffy outfit and (holding up his hands) I got the bling". Chewed gum throughout the proceeding. Tried to get attention of reporters. Bail still at $20 million.

Kathleen's nephew, Michael via phone with Nancy. "No surprise to me, it's the kind of behavior he's been exhibiting...one big joke. He's been charged with murder but he keeps the circus going."

CNN correspondent: re: arrest ~ last day was the last day for the GJ; indictment came down; LE arrested him in his car to spare the children the embarrassment of him being arrested inside his house.

Glenn Selig, DP publicist: Drew is in jail, now becomes the process for him to defend himself in a court of law. Not condoning any kind of inappropriate behavior by DP but this is a way of him coping. No matter how he would've walked into court people would've found something wrong.

NG clarifying she's not just talking about him today, but behavior overall and planning marriage to wife #5. NG says she understands that potential #5 moved out. Publicist says they're still engaged.

I've been watching, and I thought it was great when the reporter said that a reporter asked DP something and DP started to speak, but a deputy tapped him on the shoulder and told him to cut it out and DP shut up.

Glad NG is covering this tonight.......it's sort of a review of the case for us, as it's been a long time since there's been anything happening with the criminal aspects of the case.

Commercial break over. More background on the case. Kathleen told many family, friends he'd kill her and get away with it. Showing more of perp walk to court.

Back to the publicist. Nancy talking to him again about DP's behavior, and his planned reality tv show about a brothel.

GS: He has quirky behavior, doesn't mean he's guilty.

Holly Hughes, Bradford Cohen, Doug Burns ~ legal panel.

HH: He's a disgrace to LE, the justice system and men everywhere.

Nancy talking with Burns about the autopsy report and extent of Kathleen's injuries and bruises.

DB: Amazing that after an inquiry that it was determined it was an accident. Tough case for the defense with DP's behavior and SP still missing.

BC: Defense will attack fact that it's just now been ruled a homicide when originally was called an accident.

I've been watching, and I thought it was great when the reporter said that a reporter asked DP something and DP started to speak, but a deputy tapped him on the shoulder and told him to cut it out and DP shut up.

Glad NG is covering this tonight.......it's sort of a review of the case for us, as it's been a long time since there's been anything happening with the criminal aspects of the case.
I'm glad you found my new location Leila!! :blowkiss:

NG has examined the autopsy report and she's enumerating the injuries which show it wasn't an accident.

Kathy Chaney - report from Illinois says everyone is jubilent about the Peterson arrest.

Reporter stating yesterday was the Grand Jury's last day they could in the Savio case and they returned the indictment.

I wonder if the defense will have something to say about that? :waitasec:

I still can't believe I'm watching him do the perp walk :behindbar

I was beginning to think I would never see this. And they replayed one of my favorite moments, when NG asked JB how you can fall on the top of your head :clap:

I'm glad you found my new location Leila!! :blowkiss:

Thanks! I knew with NG covering this tonight there would be some discussion here.

Greta Van Susteran is going to doing her show live from Bolingbrook tonight too. I like Greta's style........she a good interviewere.

I still can't believe I'm watching him do the perp walk :behindbar

I was beginning to think I would never see this. And they replayed one of my favorite moments, when NG asked JB how you can fall on the top of your head :clap:

I was beginning to have some doubts too, but was so happy when it happened!

Nancy now talking with Pam Bosco, spokeswoman for Stacey's family. "Beyond belief to see him shackled"

CNN correspondent: Arraignment delayed to May 18 because Joel Brodsky wasn't there.

Mr. Raines, father of DP's current girlfriend: daughter moved out, then back in, DP worked his magic and charm. Glad DP was arrested, he can't hurt anyone else. If he'd done anything to my daughter I would've gotten him myself. I was always showing up and always there and he knew it.

Pam Bosco......the family is very thrilled at this moment. Cassandra was at the courthouse and she was happy to see him shackled.

Ernest Raines.......father of Christina.........says Christina moved out and then moved back in. He's glad DP was arrested. He says if anything had happened to his daughter he would have done something. He says he was always showing up to make his presence known.

Thanks! I knew with NG covering this tonight there would be some discussion here.

Greta Van Susteran is going to doing her show live from Bolingbrook tonight too. I like Greta's style........she a good interviewere.
Thanks for the heads up. I understand Dateline as well will have something. :)

I had just about given up on this arrest taking place too, finally Drew is where he belongs !

Good evening everyone !

what goes around comes around! Geraldo just said on O'Reily.
Corruption in Bollingbrook LE & ME? O'Reily wants to investigate.
They are saying more than (50 ) 911 calls from KS about DP!
Not just 18............
DP behind bars and arrested!
Now find Stacy!

I wonder if friend Steve C will talk now that DP is away in jail!
I hope allot of people start talking and LE finds something that
will help find Stacy. IMO DP probably kept a souvenior!

Playing a recording of DP explaining how Kathleen was found. (I really think there's something strange about all that).

Susan Rogeran, reporter, says DP is in protective custody.

Mike Brooks..........says they wouldn't have indicted DP if they didn't have enough evidence for a conviction.

Nancy playing statement by DP describing the night Kathleen's body was found in the bathtub.

CNN correspondent: DP in protective custody in jail since he's former LE.

Mike Brooks: picture perfect takedown, out of media spotlight, away from the kids. ISP did the right thing. All witnesses appearing before GJ, met every Thursday before GJ, statements overlapped about his behavior with KS and Stacey, all came together for an indictment and they have enough to take to trial.

NG talking to HH about it being a circumstantial case. HH saying eyewitnesses are extremely rare, 90% of cases are circumstantial. It's as good as anything, sometimes better than eyewitnesses because they can make mistakes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back