1010 users online (194 members and 816 guests)  

Websleuths News

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Splendora, Texas

TX - 2 kids, 2 adults hurt when vehicles shot up in Liberty Co.

Four people, including two small children, were shot and wounded last night as they drove along a dirt road near the Trinity River in Liberty County, authorities said.

A couple, Gale and Sheila Muhs, both 45, are charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after taking one shot each at the group with a 12-gauge shotgun, said Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor.

DeFoor said Donald Coffey Sr., 36, was driving an SUV and friend Patrick Cammack, 30, was driving a jeep on County Road 443 to a residential levee in the Westlake subdivision near the Trinity River in the Dayton area. With them were Coffey's children, 7-year-old Donald Jr. and 5-year-old Destiny.

Around 9 p.m., witnesses said, the men stopped to let the children go to the bathroom. Shortly afterward, DeFoor said the accused couple fired from about 40 yards away, striking the little boy and Cammack in the head and Destiny in the right elbow, prompting the three to be airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center. (more at link including mug shots)

They are both 45 and look alot older. I'm thinking teakers. I hope the kids make it. I bet these people were out looking for a place to go mudding (4x4's huge tires and the river is out of it's banks due to flooding). I have had trouble with my neighbors mudding down the high line next to my house, and the cops will not do anything about it, BUT that gives these people no right to shoot! My mom said she seen a sign they had on the news last night that said "no trespassing voilators will be shot survivors will be shot again"
    this is so sad!
    Last edited by jnTexas; 05-08-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: add more info