OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

I'd try posting this in the Unidentified section as well (or moving it there). There are some great sleuthers over there that may be able to help.

I wish we had more information on the body.

I found out in the past few days how bad our reporting of missing persons is in OK. They ID-ed the skull found in NE OK and she had been missing since '07 from Tulsa. I did not find anything on her being missing, but OSBI claimed the family did file a report in July of '07! She was not listed on OSBI site or the TPD site.

I hope it won't hinder finding out who this person could be.

There is a missing Texas teacher who is presumed dead and the tolltag of the man arrested shows he might have driven to Oklahoma. FWIW

A tiny bit more information:

"Brown said it is unknown how long the woman has been deceased, but said there was still flesh on the body. She said that hopefully medical examiners can determine when the woman died."

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2009/05/10/news/news051009_06.txt

Seems like with flesh still on the body, up there in the mountains, that she must not have been deceased all that long.

Attachments

• Katleen Garza missing TX.jpg
    Katleen Garza missing TX.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Kathleen Garza missing TX  Leroy Tellgren arrested.png
    Kathleen Garza missing TX Leroy Tellgren arrested.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,369
From MadeaBecBec's link:

"Tellgren and Garza can both be seen on surveillance video getting into a small, dark-colored pick-up truck and leaving the Market Street grocery in Coppell just before 9 a.m. on April 16. Tellgren had earlier told police he had left Garza at the grocery at 10 a.m. and was unsure of her whereabouts.
At about 11:30 that night, officers arrived at Tellgren's Carrollton home and were speaking with his wife when he arrived in a dark green Chevy S-10 pick-up."

Heavener, OK is about 4 hours, 20 or so minutes from both Coppell and Carrollton, TX, (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl) so he definitely would have had time to go there and back and cut the car cushions out, etc.The link provided by Tessie says he's believed to have left Texas driving on 75/69 which is exactly the road you'd take to get to Heavener.

It's not Kathleen Garza. (I'm surprised.)

"Authorities say a decomposed body of a woman found in an Oklahoma state park last week is not that of Kathleen Garza, a Coppell woman who went missing last month.
The Associated Press reported a man found the body Friday at Heavener Runestone State Park in southeastern Oklahoma.
The body had not been identified Monday afternoon, but it had characteristics that did not match the 49-year-old Garza, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said."
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d...onalrdp_12met.ART.State.Edition1.4c7afd3.html

LEFLORE COUNTY -- A body found in LeFlore County has been identified.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officials say the body is 23-year-old Jody Rilee Wilson of Wister. Oklahoma State Police spokesperson Jessica Brown says her body was badly decomposed.

OSBI and the LeFlore County Sheriff's Office are investigating this case as a suspicious death.

~snip~

Officers say the victim had been missing since last Tuesday evening. The medical examiner has not determined the cause or manner of death yet.

Officials are searching for Wilson's vehicle. It is a pewter colored, 2002, Chevy S10 Blazer, 4 door with an Oklahoma license tag of DTG-409 with a CB antenna on top.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10348789

Roxbury official's daughter found dead in Oklahoma

The body of a woman, found in a remote, wooded area of Oklahoma, has been identified as Jody Rilee-Wilson, a 2003 graduate of Roxbury High School and daughter of Jim Rilee, the township's deputy mayor.

~snip~

Rilee-Wilson lived with her husband and daughter in Wister, Okla., , approximately nine miles from the spot she was found, according to Wister police chief Larry Loomis.

"We're not familiar with how she got there," Loomis said. "The county sheriff's office is investigating this as a homicide."

~snip~

The Morris County Prosecutor's Office has assigned a member of its investigative staff to act as liaison with the Oklahoma authorities on behalf of Councilman Rilee and his family, in order to assist them with the investigation.

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/roxbury_officials_daughter_fou_1.html

LEFLORE COUNTY -- A body found in LeFlore County has been identified.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officials say the body is 23-year-old Jody Rilee Wilson of Wister. Oklahoma State Police spokesperson Jessica Brown says her body was badly decomposed.

OSBI and the LeFlore County Sheriff's Office are investigating this case as a suspicious death.

~snip~

Officers say the victim had been missing since last Tuesday evening. The medical examiner has not determined the cause or manner of death yet.

Officials are searching for Wilson's vehicle. It is a pewter colored, 2002, Chevy S10 Blazer, 4 door with an Oklahoma license tag of DTG-409 with a CB antenna on top.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10348789

Roxbury official's daughter found dead in Oklahoma

The body of a woman, found in a remote, wooded area of Oklahoma, has been identified as Jody Rilee-Wilson, a 2003 graduate of Roxbury High School and daughter of Jim Rilee, the township's deputy mayor.

~snip~

Rilee-Wilson lived with her husband and daughter in Wister, Okla., , approximately nine miles from the spot she was found, according to Wister police chief Larry Loomis.

"We're not familiar with how she got there," Loomis said. "The county sheriff's office is investigating this as a homicide."

~snip~

The Morris County Prosecutor's Office has assigned a member of its investigative staff to act as liaison with the Oklahoma authorities on behalf of Councilman Rilee and his family, in order to assist them with the investigation.

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/roxbury_officials_daughter_fou_1.html

So, now this is a "Crimes in the News" story. Thank you for posting her identity SS. I wonder if it will turn out to be "the usual suspect."

So very sad for Jodys Family and friends, especially the Lil Baby Girl, this is how Mothers Day will always be remembered for her! I will keep the Wee one in my prayers!
I wonder why Jody didn't go on the trip with husband and child?

Here's Jody Rilee-Wilson Wedding Photo and Baby Shower Photo:

Attachments

• Jody Rilee-Wilson Baby Shower Photo.jpg
    Jody Rilee-Wilson Baby Shower Photo.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 246
Jody's last myspace logon was May 5th (the day she was last seen). Her husband's last logon was May 9th (the day he reported her missing) and the day after the body was found but not yet identified.

Also very strange he left with the 4 month old baby and took off for a "funeral" in New Mexico on May 5th.

Apparently Jody had a step son as there are pictures of him on her myspace. I'm curious where the son was while the dad allegedly took of to New Mexico for a funeral. Does he live with the biological mother?

Also curious how the relationship was between Jody and the biological mother.

So the 4 month old baby was not the deceased womans biological child? Would possibly explain why the baby was not with her- but how many men would take a 4 month old baby anywhere? (sorry guys). My husband included, but when our kids were that age, he hated me to leave to go get diapers- in fact I think HE went to the store.

Why the baby shower photo of her??

So the 4 month old baby was not the deceased womans biological child? Would possibly explain why the baby was not with her- but how many men would take a 4 month old baby anywhere? (sorry guys). My husband included, but when our kids were that age, he hated me to leave to go get diapers- in fact I think HE went to the store.

Why the baby shower photo of her??

The 4 month old was their child. Apparently the husband had a son from a previous marriage. He looks to be about 8 or so.

That is some very pretty country over there....
but it is also... some
rural.... drug country also...
with the father of the deceased being the depty mayor or what ever...

could it have been an enemy type murder..?

But I also find it very strange...
that a mother of a 4 month old child

would let her infant.... who needed nursing.. or bottle fed...
every few hours... go on that long of miles.. trip.. and for
that many days...

it is hard on an infant to ride many many miles with out
stopping and feeling...

JMO

God Bless !
jjgram

** I am a little leary ... Husband leaving same day as
last entry... on computer...:waitasec:

HIM ..... Not trying to contact her by PHONE>...:confused::waitasec:
not turning her in M I S S I N G ! ! !
Possibly... he could have called her DAD and said...
I can;t get ahold of her ! ? ?:waitasec:

I live in Heavener, and it's not heaven with an "er". First Jody Wilson, and now a bar owner named Joe Neff., missing in nearby Poteau, OK. I hope Jody's child will find a safe haven, and I want to know more about the husband. Was he a local or did he also move into the area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back