Unknown Jewish Shoah orphans

Thank you for sharing this link PFF. The Holocaust seems like distant history to many our children now. So long ago and far away. It would be for my generation too, with the exception that I was raised by a man that helped free a concentration camp in WWII and was so profoundly effected by that experience that as he grew older and nearer his own death he felt compelled to share with me what he had seen.

These children, now grown have paid a bitter price. They were taken from the arms of their Mothers and have never known those Mothers names, many so young that they can not remember her face or the smell of her skin.

Many do not even know the names that their Mother's had chosen for them before their birth. They have struggled all of their lives with their personal identity.

I'm not sure that records were even taken for these children, even though I have read that the German's took extensive records. So many were destroyed. Thanks for sharing this on Mother's day, it is very appropriate.

Wow, I don't think the holocaust seems like distant history at all! My father, who was born in 1944 is a holocaust survivor....his very first memories are of seeing his own father murdered during the war and walking past huge piles of shoes when fleeing to Poland. Not too surprising he went on to become a psychologist ;-)

I think that those who were affected by the holocaust pass down behaviors (I'm not sure if that's the right word) to family members that they developed by being affected by the whole tragedy. Alright, I don't think I'm making any sense at all right now....

It's VERY hard for me to talk about my father, he died in November in what I would call a freak accident. Ironically, I had just picked up him from the airport a day and half before he died as he just returned from Moscow. I miss him so so so much and I can't think clearly when I start thinking about him....sorry...

Thanks for posting this link!

Don't they have any DNA linking going on for these familes? Something where anyone could submit DNA to a central database if they were an orphan or have heard stories of missing family members.

Wow, I don't think the holocaust seems like distant history at all! My father, who was born in 1944 is a holocaust survivor....his very first memories are of seeing his own father murdered during the war and walking past huge piles of shoes when fleeing to Poland. Not too surprising he went on to become a psychologist ;-)

I think that those who were affected by the holocaust pass down behaviors (I'm not sure if that's the right word) to family members that they developed by being affected by the whole tragedy. Alright, I don't think I'm making any sense at all right now....

It's VERY hard for me to talk about my father, he died in November in what I would call a freak accident. Ironically, I had just picked up him from the airport a day and half before he died as he just returned from Moscow. I miss him so so so much and I can't think clearly when I start thinking about him....sorry...

Thanks for posting this link!

((((hugs)))). I'm sorry about your father. I lost mine almost twelve years ago and I think of him every day.

I just wanted to mention that I didn't mean to sound offended at all when I typed up my post!

Thanks Lizzybeth, I appreciate it ;-)

Marisa

I really wish there were a way to help these orphans. I've gone to the site and read their stories. They have touched my heart.

As a mother, I read their stories and just weep. I can't imagine the horror these mothers/ fathers went through to save their babies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back