2008.09.08 Anthony L. Interview ***REVISITED***

JWG

Reaction score
I keep an inventory of the discovery documents I have downloaded and periodically go out to see if I can locate missing pages. For example, I am missing discovery pages 725 - 728 that were part of the first document dump in September 2008. (If anyone has them please let me know)

Today I went out to cfnews13.com to see if there was anything I had missed, and I noticed they reorganized their site (rather poorly, I might add). Nevertheless, I saw they had done a complete refresh of documents. The transcripts of interviews done in the past were no longer scanned copies. They were real honest-to-God pdf files generated from source digital data. :woohoo:

Huh...why is THAT important? :waitasec:

Weeeeellll, for one thing the files are normal 80KB files and not monstrous 4.5MB files. But, more importantly, one can now use the Acrobat text search facility, and copy / paste of text works just fine. :dance:

OK, great news JWG...so why did you start this thread? :waitasec:

I found three or four transcripts I had not seen before. Two were September interviews of Tony L. and Jesse G. The fact that these interviews were conducted is not new, as they are referenced in investigative reports released this past year. We know some of the content, as paraphrased by the investigator. :detective:

However, it does not appear that the transcripts themselves have been discussed on this board. I searched high and low for one particular nugget I pulled from Tony's interview, and could find nary a trace. His interview takes us back through June 15 - 27 from his perspective, which I found quite interesting. After I read it I felt like I'd found a lost Beatles recording (OK, a bit overboard, but you get the picture). :rocker:

So, to start this thread off, I offer the following exchange for your sleuthing pleasure: :applause:

TL: Uhm, I was, when I was just like (sighs), it scared me when I saw this police photo, the photo of the, of the, of the, of her clothes, of the clothes that they, supposedly she has.
EE: Uh-hum (affirmative).
TL: On Fox News. That black dress.
TL: That looks familiar that black dress.
YM: Familiar how? I mean…
TL: That either she showed me that she was going to like wear that dress one night and never did. The one, I’m talking about the one with the silver, the silver things on the side.
YM: Okay.
TL: Do you know what I’m talking about?
YM: Uh-hum (affirmative).
TL: That photos that released? Uhm, now I couldn’t see that pink back pack, but do you have a better photo of that pink back pack?
YM: A pink back pack. Whose pink back pack?
TL: There was a picture uh, that I saw on Fox News. It was like a picture of like a black dress with this silver thing, and a pink back pack.
YM: Uhm…
TL: In the woods. Some, that somebody said they found.
YM: Oh. Oh, okay. So it’s a, it’s a picture of something that was found, not something that she was…
TL: No.
YM: …(inaudible).
EE: Civilians wound up finding that bunch of stuff over by Amscot I think is the story you’re talking about.
YM: That’s, that’s a black dress I’m, that’s the only black dress I’m…
TL: No, I mean I know that black dress.

I was wondering if this is what he was talking about:

081608caylee-woods3.jpg

081608caylee-woods5.jpg

JWG...you are my hero!....Now to go read those interviews and maybe have something better to say...

Thanks JWG

Before my sleuthing debute, but I remember several "finds" before the remains were discovered.

I remember a lot of discussion about the pink and white blanket/towel in pic 2 above.
Compared to a towel in one of the caylee pics.
I'll post this and look for pic.
View attachment 3704

Have to say I do NOT think the items match

Wow.
When those pictures first surfaced, I thought that was a lycra jogging kind of top.
:waitasec:
Wow.

wow--thanks!!

I'd have been happy just about the pdf files, never mind the rest! Thanks again.:)

Thanks JWG

Before my sleuthing debute, but I remember several "finds" before the remains were discovered.

I remember a lot of discussion about the pink and white blanket/towel in pic 2 above.
Compared to a towel in one of the caylee pics.
I'll post this and look for pic.

Thanks Herc!

I recalled the same discussion, but was always bothered by what appeared to be a size differential. What was found seemed much smaller than what Caylee is sitting on.

Full disclosure: I have never seen the items such as the black top or pink backpack or towel or bedspread in any of the evidence / property forms. LE may not feel they are connected.

I also got the impression reading the transcript that Yuri kind of cut Tony off on this. Either he felt it was irrelevant or he did not want a discussion on tape. :waitasec:

I keep an inventory of the discovery documents I have downloaded and periodically go out to see if I can locate missing pages. For example, I am missing discovery pages 725 - 728 that were part of the first document dump in September 2008. (If anyone has them please let me know)

Today I went out to cfnews13.com to see if there was anything I had missed, and I noticed they reorganized their site (rather poorly, I might add). Nevertheless, I saw they had done a complete refresh of documents. The transcripts of interviews done in the past were no longer scanned copies. They were real honest-to-God pdf files generated from source digital data. :woohoo:

Huh...why is THAT important? :waitasec:

Weeeeellll, for one thing the files are normal 80KB files and not monstrous 4.5MB files. But, more importantly, one can now use the Acrobat text search facility, and copy / paste of text works just fine. :dance:

OK, great news JWG...so why did you start this thread? :waitasec:

I found three or four transcripts I had not seen before. Two were September interviews of Tony L. and Jesse G. The fact that these interviews were conducted is not new, as they are referenced in investigative reports released this past year. We know some of the content, as paraphrased by the investigator. :detective:

However, it does not appear that the transcripts themselves have been discussed on this board. I searched high and low for one particular nugget I pulled from Tony's interview, and could find nary a trace. His interview takes us back through June 15 - 27 from his perspective, which I found quite interesting. After I read it I felt like I'd found a lost Beatles recording (OK, a bit overboard, but you get the picture). :rocker:

So, to start this thread off, I offer the following exchange for your sleuthing pleasure: :applause:

TL: Uhm, I was, when I was just like (sighs), it scared me when I saw this police photo, the photo of the, of the, of the, of her clothes, of the clothes that they, supposedly she has.
TL: On Fox News. That black dress.
TL: That looks familiar that black dress.
YM: Familiar how? I mean…
TL: That either she showed me that she was going to like wear that dress one night and never did. The one, I’m talking about the one with the silver, the silver things on the side.
TL: Do you know what I’m talking about?
YM: Uh-hum (affirmative).
TL: That photos that released? Uhm, now I couldn’t see that pink back pack, but do you have a better photo of that pink back pack?
YM: A pink back pack. Whose pink back pack?
TL: There was a picture uh, that I saw on Fox News. It was like a picture of like a black dress with this silver thing, and a pink back pack.
YM: Uhm…
TL: In the woods. Some, that somebody said they found.
YM: Oh. Oh, okay. So it’s a, it’s a picture of something that was found, not something that she was…
YM: …(inaudible).
EE: Civilians wound up finding that bunch of stuff over by Amscot I think is the story you’re talking about.
YM: That’s, that’s a black dress I’m, that’s the only black dress I’m…
TL: No, I mean I know that black dress.

I was wondering if this is what he was talking about:

View attachment 3701

View attachment 3702

OMG. see daamn... I friggin' heart you, man! :blowkiss:

Are those the ones FloridaMom's husband found while searching with Tes and couldnt talk about?

IIRC, these items were found by Wyatt and his search team.
I could be wrong, but whoever it was posted pics on the web (not here) the day they were found.

That is a jogging top, isn't it????

Just FYI, my daughter (age 15) often asks to purchase things that she calls "dresses" and I call "tops." I make her wear them with bicycle shorts at the very least. ;)

But her friends do wear them to dances and things--these "dresses" that almost but not quite cover the butt.

That is a jogging top, isn't it????

Looks to me like that as well. Tony said "dress", but that is not a dress. Nevertheless, Tony is a guy and he sees a girl in something "slinky" with straps and no pants and he may think "dress".

It is the silver highlights mentioned in his interview that drew me to this photo. I may have the wrong ones, though.

Thank you JWG... !

There is a part of this interview, bottom of pg 5, w/ Tony...where he tells investigators (when asked if Casey talked about a dead animal in her car) that when he brought the subject up to Casey on July 16th, she was trying to tell Tony that she had told him about the animal and the smell. That's not the exact quote. But, they act like they don't want him to talk about it further, maybe they already have this information in another interview, that is not yet released. That will be good evidence, Casey trying to tell Tony, on July 16th, that she had told him about the dead animals causing the smell in her trunk and he forgot...while he is denying she told him this, hopefully that's the way it went down.

What about those polka dotted panties that looked like a perfect match to a bra that was peeking from under KC's top in one of her pictures? Were the underwear found at the same time? I just can't remember.

What about those polka dotted panties that looked like a perfect match to a bra that was peeking from under KC's top in one of her pictures? Were the underwear found at the same time? I just can't remember.

YES.
It may not have been the same day, but it was very close.
However, some of the great sleuths here established that they weren't "really" a match, IIRC.

KC never told Tony about a "physical" fight:

TL: I mean I do remember her telling, I mean it’s very, like she used to talk about it a lot, about like her mother and her father about how they haven’t….
YM: She, she say anything about physical confrontation between her mom that night, like pushing, or shoving, or, or her dad….
TL: Oh, no, no, no.
YM: …or anything like that?
TL: No, she’s never brought up any kind of physical.
YM: She say any threats that mom made to her about taking the kid away?
TL: Uh, no. She was still, I think we were still uh, she was still talking about how she was supposed to get the house. Her and Amy were supposed to get the house.

Thank you JWG! Wow! Here is another "tidbit" that I do not ever recall having read:

YM:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Alright. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]EE:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]That is in fact, surveillance video from the JC Penny on the 27th where… [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]TL:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Right. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]EE:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Where grandma’s card was used. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]TL: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Okay.[/FONT][/FONT]

Page 12 of 76 @ this link: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazaro Tony.090808.pdf

They had surveliance video of her in Penny's using her mom's card...so they KNOW what she bought that day...

Reading on...
[FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member