645 users online (76 members and 569 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Twins Have Different Dads

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-dallas-tw...,2084555.story
    DALLAS - A pair of twins born in Dallas aren't brothers. Instead, they are half-brothers because they have different fathers.

Their mother, Mia Washington, told FOX 4 in Dallas that she had an affair that resulted in the two babies who were born at the same time, but fathered by two different men

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    now that is weird.

Holy cow! I didn't know such a thing could happen. Any woman who's unfaithful to her "man" really needs to think about this!

LOL! If that happened to me, I'm not sure I'd go around bragging about it!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

No disrespect to the mother, but I've only heard of that happening to dogs and cats. I had no idea it could happen with humans.

Wow! That's very interesting.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I thought this only happened on soaps.

Think about the series of events that led up to not just the conception and birth of these babies, but the discovery of their paternity!

Can you imagine? I mean, do they regularly test BOTH twins if there is a question of paternity? How far apart can the conceptions take place? Days? Hours? Minutes? (Ewwwww!!!!!)

And did she have both men tested at the same time or did one come up positive for one baby and then she had to go hunt the other guy down for a cheek swab?

My brain is just spinning.

I remember reading a similar story in a True Romance mag about 15 years ago. The twins in that story were conceived 3 days apart. Then, of course, there's Sami's twins on DOOL. The story doesn't make mention of a medical condition as the purpose of testing so my question is what would make a person seek a DNA test on their twins? Fraternal twins aren't going to look alike to begin with... so unless the father is questioning paternity what is the point and why test both babies? I also wouldn't be out bragging to my friends, or strangers. You're begging to have yourself labeled, and not in a good way.

angelmom, my brain has been spinning too!

This is a situation that I can see happening in a "mixed up IVF procedure" or something like that, but I didn't know Mother Nature could be responsible.

Lizzybeth, I didn't know this could happen in the animal kingdom either!

I haven't even seen a case this complicated on "Maury" with the "who's my baby's daddy" episodes...

Boyz Mum, my original thought was wouldn't it be great if "MoPo" did an episode on this one.

The "who's my baby daddy" show of his that sticks out most in my mind is the woman who's had at least 15 men tested and she's 200% certain that this is the father... each time.

I haven't watched in four years since I was on maternity leave so she may have figured it out by now... or her number may be much higher by now.

Which, to me, begs the question how many men can you possibly sleep with, unprotected, during the 3-5 days a month you can get pregnant? Is it a case of not understanding when conception can occur or irregular cycle or. . . ? I just don't understand.

You know as odd as it sounds I have heard of this happening before, but I can't remember the details, but it was in the news at the time too.

I'm with smart blonde, I wouldn't be telling on myself to the media...lordy be.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Maybe she thought she could make some money off the media attention. Wonder where she could have gotten that idea.

The strangest thing other than this and the mother who gave birth to one white twin and one black twin, is the case that was on Maury where two identical twins had sex with the same girl. She became pregnant but there's no way to determine which twin fathered her child.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Wow.
    Just...wow.

ITA, I don't think I'd be going to the media w this one...
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Wow....this happens more than you'd think...

http://www.multiplemom.com/articles/...t-fathers.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast