Craigslist finally getting rid of the Erotic Services section

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says that Craigslist is getting rid of its "erotic services" ads and will create a new adult category that Web site employees will review.

Madigan's office said Wednesday that such existing ads on Craigslist will expire in seven days.

Madigan and the attorneys general for Connecticut and Missouri met with Craigslist officials last week seeking an end to ads they contend are advertisements for illegal sexual activities.

An e-mail sent to Craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster was not immediately returned Wednesday morning.

Craigslist came under renewed pressure to remove the ads after a medical student, dubbed, the "Craigslist Killer," in Boston was charged with the April killing of a masseuse he met on the site.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520032,00.html

Interesting. I wonder if this will effect other entities that run such ads? I was thinking of the free weekly alternative papers that run these ads.

Great news! I love Craigslist, but there were some pretty raunchy areas that you had to avoid. My favorite radio station said they would plug craigslist all the if it weren't for those services. I think this will be a good move for Craigslist.

Awesome news. I love posting on Craigs for stuff I need to sell or buy etc. I never even entertained the thought of cruising through THAT section until this case and I was certainly disgusted. It's really unnecessary and if some site is willing to clean up their act - then I will support that site even more!

I would like to give them some kudos. Think I'll contact them and offer my appreciation and support.

Well, I'll just post my erotic ads elsewhere then!

(I'm kidding)! ~I think it is a smart business move on Craigslist's part not to run raunchy ads. I know the website lost my respect when they started running them.
I can't think of the number of times lately I've read of a crime that somehow had a connection to Craigslist.

I'm sure that having a serial murderer dubbed "The Craigslist Killer" had a lot to do with the decision... not exactly what I'd call good advertising!

Craig's List will now have an Adult Section, which isn't disguised prostitution. Exactly, what will be in an Adult Section?

I dunno, but all ads will have to be approved PRIOR to being allowed in the adult section. As well as there is now a fee to post in the adult section as well.

Well, it's about time. I love C. List and I'm glad they are taking these steps.

I will go elsewhere for my adult raunchy material now.....:eek::eek:

Always
Gozgals

This won't make any difference IMO. Have ya'll ever checked out the casual encounters, etc???? Those are not under Erotic services and they are NASTY!!!!!! Nothing mentioned that I could tell about the "dating" sections which are singles looking for dates, one night stands, hook ups, prostitution.

This won't make any difference IMO. Have ya'll ever checked out the casual encounters, etc???? Those are not under Erotic services and they are NASTY!!!!!! Nothing mentioned that I could tell about the "dating" sections which are singles looking for dates, one night stands, hook ups, prostitution.

There is no way to completely eliminate stuff like that.

I wish they would do something about the spammers in the employment section as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back