Casey & Family Psychological Profile #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

akashana

Reaction score
Discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Casey and family in a constructive way, please do so here.
thanks.:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69987"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76453"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78735"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72749"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80287"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #6[/ame]

In no way am I a lawyer, although I did work as a paralegal for 5 years (but we didn't do criminal). But am I wrong in thinking that by Lenamon admitting that the strategic differences he had with JB over the plea KC entered means he ha information or belief that she did do it? Because if she's was insane she can't be guilty, yet she still did the crime?

Or am I interpreting this wrong?

I was surprised by this admission from him. Is there a link where he actually says he wanted to have her plead not guilty for reason of insanity or did he just strongly suggest it?

http://www.wftv.com/news/19448158/detail.html

Attorney Terence Lenamon now says he stopped representing Casey because he did not agree with the legal strategy of her lead attorney Jose Baez.

"We had a difference in what I believe should have been done with the approach that is mental health related," Lenamon told CNN's Nancy Grace during an interview Tuesday night (watch it).

Lenamon explained he would have had Casey plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

Video:
http://www.wftv.com/video/19448983/index.html

Seems to me that JB is bound and determined to have the defense's bus revved up and in gear to run over opposing opinions.

At least two good men have jumped out of the way.

Having watched the tape, I see that he never actually verbalizes the plea. But he definitely alludes to an insanity defense without saying precisely those words. I'm not really sure that you could logicaly draw any other conclusion.

Wow!!! Interesting...

I have a question about the attorneys, which I'm sure ya'll have answered somewhere in another thread already, but I don't hve a lot of time today to go look. Isn't LKB death penalty qualified??? Again, I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has already been hashed out somewhere!

Wow!!! Interesting...

I have a question about the attorneys, which I'm sure ya'll have answered somewhere in another thread already, but I don't hve a lot of time today to go look. Isn't LKB death penalty qualified??? Again, I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has already been hashed out somewhere!

She is, but she is not a FL certified attorney and is there on a legal work visa (someone with fancy Latin skillz can tell you what it is). She also is not there in the guise of DP advice, she is there to provide forensic expertise.....and apparently to school the judge when she deems it necessary (such as in the area of bench notes). Judge Strickland surely appreciated her help there.

Attorney Terence Lenamon now says he stopped representing Casey because he did not agree with the legal strategy of her lead attorney Jose Baez.

"We had a difference in what I believe should have been done with the approach that is mental health related," Lenamon told CNN's Nancy Grace during an interview Tuesday night (watch it).

Lenamon explained he would have had Casey plead not guilty by reason of insanity.

Video:

This is what Lenamon said on Nancy Grace ...
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/12/ng.01.html

TERENCE LENAMON, FMR. ATTORNEY FOR CASEY ANTHONY, ARGUED AGAINST D.P. FOR TOT MOM: Well, I mean, I think you can look back on some of the conversations we had prior to this and you can just kind of take the next step and see that we had a difference in what I believed should have been the approach, which is I think mental health-related. And just looking at the public information that`s out there.

I didn't hear Lenamon say "not guilty by reason of insanity."

:bang: Not sure why http://www.wftv.com/video/19448983/index.html article states that's what Lenamon stated. :waitasec:

It certainly sounded as if he had the impression that Casey had some serious mental problems. An insanity plea is pretty sure to fail. That is, if what all the talking heads have suggested is accurate. An insanity plea is difficult to prove.

I did not see or hear him state the actual plea or defense he would consider. The impression I took away from it was that he wanted to use her mental health as a means to eliminate or mitigate the DP regardless of her overall guilt or innocense. Which is and would have been a superb defense strategy. The state will not even bother trying to get death for someone that can be proven mentally ill.

And as I said on another thread. Yes I think he is dancing dangerously close to the ethical line here. I suspect he is doing so very very deliberately. It is almost unheard of for an attorney to publicly discuss his dealings and disagreements with another on a case. even more so because TL is a DP qualified attorney, which means he is an experienced seasoned defender. The fact that he is raising any disagreements with JB and in particular JB's direction in public has got to be a specific and deliberate act, most likely intended to throw more fuel on the fire to force the issue of KC getting competant legal representation.

Besides KC is there anyone involved in this case that JB has not pissed off to this degree? (And before anyone says the A's, take note of some of GA's comments to LE regarding his daughters lawyer early on)

I think he is right actually. She obviously has something missing, be it mental (if you look at it scientifically or biologically) or spiritual (if you wanna be metaphysical)

...I think we all know she did it, and the loss of Lenamon for The Team and Nejame for the As actually goes a ways in verifying it, dont you guys think?

But, then, it doesnt take much to hear fake nanny, 31 days, decomp in car, duct tape on skull found 15 houses away to realise what must have happened. I want her to have a fair trial too cause we all deserve one but that doesnt mean she will walk or her attorneys think she should.

I am so far from having any form of leagal knowledge but I do have knowledge in the mental health field. I feel there could be a couple of ways TL might have meant his statement. No insanity but once again I state "Mental Drerangement" JG alluded to KC's seiaure event and there is a strong possibility that it was brought on by dehydration, lack of food drugs like Zanex and valiumn, coke, extacy and or other possibilities like head injury(which we have never heard of) or something maligment which I think we can cross off. KC was very bone skinny before her arrest which could elude to drug use. Because i have a son with two forms of seizure disorder I know far to well how stress can also bring out seizures. Many women have been know to have seizures as well after the birth of a child due to hormone imbalance. Defense could state she purchased these drugs illegally to avoid the family knowing. Defense showing that since a probable seizure K C felt alittle off balanced, feeling the need to self medicate. The pathology of her stress level being brought on by maternal mother and a mentally absent father. Two thousand nine is the year of the study of the brain and all of the new territory concerning the brain and the medical advances for people with brain disorders. If you aren't aware of the advances made in neurology psychiatry it would be difficult to even think that the defense could use such a defense as, "My brain made me do it." After hearing TL statement of mental health defense I changed my spoken words I'v posted of, "Psychiatry and the law are emeshed but will be no defense for KC". Since JB didn't take TL up on this line of defense he will not be able to play out the, "Poor me KC carp" I feel he may have missed a good opportunity because no one is going to be sensitive to a, in JB words a "strong southern woman" As all southern good women know you certainly wouldn't behave in the manner kC did. As my strong, cotton picking aunts would tell you, You grab a bull by its horns and get to the bottom of it, inlisting and delegating everyone. Wish TL could hav told us what defense jB might possibly be using that caused such an issue for a man of integrity to walk away?

TL was off the case when LE decided not to seek the death penalty...now that this has changed, I think TL is just PO'd that he was not ask to rejoin the team. I think he certainly was privy to information and either he is saying this because he knows she's guilty or PO'd or both.

She is, but she is not a FL certified attorney and is there on a legal work visa (someone with fancy Latin skillz can tell you what it is). She also is not there in the guise of DP advice, she is there to provide forensic expertise.....and apparently to school the judge when she deems it necessary (such as in the area of bench notes). Judge Strickland surely appreciated her help there.

I do love the discretely and successfully veiled sarcasm ... you have a delicate way with words, which I admire. :yes:

He wrote a paper where he laid out several defenses - post partum psychosis - death by accident followed by panic. They all admitted she committed the murder but relieved her of full responsibility for it.

I strongly suspect JB rejected all of them as they hinge on KC being guilty

I did not see or hear him state the actual plea or defense he would consider. The impression I took away from it was that he wanted to use her mental health as a means to eliminate or mitigate the DP regardless of her overall guilt or innocense. Which is and would have been a superb defense strategy. The state will not even bother trying to get death for someone that can be proven mentally ill.

And as I said on another thread. Yes I think he is dancing dangerously close to the ethical line here. I suspect he is doing so very very deliberately. It is almost unheard of for an attorney to publicly discuss his dealings and disagreements with another on a case. even more so because TL is a DP qualified attorney, which means he is an experienced seasoned defender. The fact that he is raising any disagreements with JB and in particular JB's direction in public has got to be a specific and deliberate act, most likely intended to throw more fuel on the fire to force the issue of KC getting competant legal representation.

Besides KC is there anyone involved in this case that JB has not pissed off to this degree? (And before anyone says the A's, take note of some of GA's comments to LE regarding his daughters lawyer early on)

I am consantly amazed at what goes on surrounding this case.It seems that Lenamon ,just as MN, wants to come as close as he can to the truth of what's happening in KC's defense.I have never heard lawyers disclose so much.
Perhaps Lenamon wanted to infer that KC suffered from some mental health disorder that led her to use poor judgement with whom she left Caylee with.She continued to use poor judgement when she didn't report her missing[paranoia?]and she used poor judgement when she lied and stole from family and friends.
He knows insanity wouldn't fly,so maybe he was planning to use something else,while still going with "somebody else did it".
KC is too full of herself to allow any mental illness defense.IMHO.All of the Anthony's run off anyone with real expertise true character.

J

He wrote a paper where he laid out several defenses - post partum psychosis - death by accident followed by panic. They all admitted she committed the murder but relieved her of full responsibility for it.

I strongly suspect JB rejected all of them as they hinge on KC being guilty

Oh,that's right! I forgot about that. I bet KC would never agree to any of those scenarios.

Video:

I agree with him completely and I said long ago that she should have been pleading "Not guilty by reason of insanity" YES IT IS HARD TO PROVE.
But if Casey can't tell anyone to whom she gave Caylee, :bang:
I do not see them being any closer to finding any other direction to go.....:bang:
Unless JB is going for a re-trial due to him being incompetent.
but she is not geting a slap on the wrist....Unless she talkes or pleads :crazy:

I agree with him completely and I said long ago that she should have been pleading "Not guilty die to insanity"
I do not see them being any closer to finding any other direction to go.....:bang:
Unless JB is going for a retrial due to him being incompetent.

i can see where this might, possibly be of some aid during the sentencing phase, but i can't work out how it would be helpful at trial. maybe i'm wrong, and i may well be, but i thought your country and mine were the same in this regard: so long as you know right from wrong you can howl at the moon, talk to elvis and chew the carpet but you can't plead insanity.

i can see where this might, possibly be of some aid during the sentencing phase, but i can't work out how it would be helpful at trial. maybe i'm wrong, and i may well be, but i thought your country and mine were the same in this regard: so long as you know right from wrong you can howl at the moon, talk to elvis and chew the carpet but you can't plead insanity.
YOU ARE CORRECT. That is why insanity is a hard case to prove. And most attorneys do not go in that direction unless they must.
I think maybe JB is really working for someone else and that is why Casey has no option but to hold on to him.
IT IS INSANE for anyone in her position to insist to keep this BOZO.
But again you are right and if you know right from wrong you can Howell at the moon but you cant plead insane.

1/2 of the chit she did is insane:
Who does not make a 911 call for 31 days?
Who goes to party when a kid is missing?
Who goes to get their nails and tattoos done?
Who lies, lies, lies?
Who insists on a clown for a lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members