Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX - AMBER ALERT: Lesley Perez - 4 years old - Hidalgo - 13 May 2010

Exclamation TX - AMBER ALERT: Lesley Perez - 4 years old - Hidalgo - 13 May 2010

Amber Alert remains for kidnapped Hidalgo girl

More details may be released about a 4-year-old girl who was kidnapped outside her home last night at a press conference this afternoon.

The girl was playing baseball with a large group when a man stopped his truck next to the lot where the children were playing, hit the girl's 12-year-old sister on the head, grabbed the 4-year-old and took off.

[snip]

Police said the man kidnapped Lesley Estefania Perez about 9 p.m. Tuesday from an open lot at the Sanchez Ranch colonia, south of Military Highway and east of South McColl Road, Vela said.

Both of the little girl's parents were at home at the time of the kidnapping. Perez's parents declined to comment Wednesday morning.

More: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Kidnapping Suspect Identified

A suspect has been named in the kidnapping of 4-year-old Lesley Perez.

Officials are looking for a man by the name of Raul Ornelas.

Orenalas is described as Hispanic about 40-years-old. He's about five-feet, four-inches tall' and 165 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a dark shirt.

He is believed to be traveling in a blue Chevy Cavalier with Texas license plates: 875-SBZ.

More: http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story...K42ZSjuSg.cspx

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Nancy Grace is covering this case now. (For those of you who DVR'd it, it's about 45 minutes into the show).

Apparently Hildalgo Texas (where she was taken from) is only minutes away from the Mexico border. That's a really scary thought..

Man drove up in a late 1980's model white Ford F150 (2-door, no tinted windows, factory rims and tires, loud custom exhaust system), according to police.

Description: White male in a white pickup truck (Ford F150).

Abduction happened at 9pm last night. Alert didn't go out right away because police were checking out if she ran away, did she run to another friends house, was she with a family member, etc. The Amber Alert went out at 4am this morning (7 hours later)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Just in: According to Nancy Grace, news just came in that Raul Ornales met with police and the FBI, and he has been ruled out as part of the disapperance. However, moments ago a person of interest has been taken into the police headquarters who "may know something about Lesleys abduction or who was involved" and Lesleys family is currently on their way to police headquarters.

Approximately 500 registered sex offenders around the home of Lesley.
    Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 05-13-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: edited more info.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

From Nancy Grace: It appears Lesley was targeted because the perp took Lesley out of all the other children playing out there that night. He obviously wanted Lesley. Lesley apparently was taken and she jumped out of the pickup truck and attempted to run, at which case the perp got out of the car, chased her, and when her 12 year old sister tried to fight him off, he hit her over the head.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

This article has a lot of good info. Much more at link: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html

The white pickup truck circled through the neighborhood five times before it screeched to a halt.

An unknown man stepped into the dusty, windswept lot and went after Lesley Estefania Perez, who was playing in the field across from her family's modest home.

Twelve-year-old Brianda tried to hold back her younger sister from the man, her relatives said. But with one swift blow to the older girl's head, the kidnapper snatched little Lesley from her grip.

No one has seen the 4-year-old girl since.
    The suspect who drove the truck is described as a Hispanic man in his 30s. He stands about 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighs 190 pounds, has spiked hair and was wearing a dark shirt.

However, that description of the suspect changed by early Wednesday afternoon, when investigators published an updated Amber Alert in which they announced they were looking for 40-year-old Hidalgo resident Raul Ornelas.

FBI agents questioned Ornelas, but he was released later in the afternoon after it was clear he did not match the suspect description and did not know Lesley's whereabouts, said a law enforcement official who was not authorized to speak about the investigation.

"They talked to him and then cut him loose," the official said.

Ornelas remained a person of interest, "but it doesn't look like it will pan out," Hidalgo police Capt. Robert Vela said Wednesday afternoon.

Relatives identified Ornelas, a family friend and school bus driver, as a possible suspect after they recalled how he acted around Lesley, telling her that she was "so pretty, I'm going to take you," Rivera recalled.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    This article has a lot of good info. Much more at link: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html
    Great article!

I'm a little confused..maybe I misunderstood Nancy Grace tonight (which is possible considering my kids were in the room running around, haha). On Nancy Grace, they said that Ornales was named a suspect, then taken in and questioned/released..then a person of interest was brought in and questioned. However, the link you gave said Ornales was still considered a person of interest..so, is he the same person of interest they were referring to on Nancy Grace, or is there someone else?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Exclamation Found Alive !!!

I just got a text message cancelling the Amber Alert, and when I googled her name, I found this wonderful news, though not much detail:

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=299619

ETA:

More details here:

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Thank God!!!

According to http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html authorities are holding an 8:30am press conference to release more details.
    Last edited by KaylynnCouture; 05-14-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: added link.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

It's always a wonderful feeling to post these good news , Thank God, kinda posts, which don't happen often enough in here for me. I'm hoping we'll have lots to celebrate tomorrow after the presser scheduled for 830am. She has been taken to hospital to be checked out, but no outward signs of harm being done to her.

Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Action 4 News has just learned that Lesley Perez has been Found. Officials are telling Action 4 News that Lesley was found between Mile 11 and FM 1475 in Mercedes. Stay with Action 4 News Sunrise for the latest.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=299619

HALLELUJAH!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF* !!!!!!!!!!!! So glad that she was found! Thank God!

Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    It's always a wonderful feeling to post these good news , Thank God, kinda posts, which don't happen often enough in here for me. I'm hoping we'll have lots to celebrate tomorrow after the presser scheduled for 830am. She has been taken to hospital to be checked out, but no outward signs of harm being done to her.

Yes Barb, it is always a blessing to have a happy ending to such an awful situation.

When I read she was a student in her Head Start class I just let out with this great big grin. No wonder he wanted her!

And God Bless her big sister for being such a heroine. For goodness sake, an angel in her own accord. I can imagine all the happy hugs in their home tonight. xox

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Thank goodness. What a blessing!
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

I feel such a sense of relief. I saw this little girl on Nancy Grace tonight and just said "not another one." Hard to understand why it took so long for the Amber Alert to get out. Seven hours gave someone a lot of time if the person had wanted to take this little girl into Mexico.

The paper wasn't quite clear about how Lesley was found. It sounded like someone just dropped her off in a rural area. Maybe the person got nervous with the Amber Alert out there and people able to describe the kidnapper.

Little Lesley is such a cutie. I'm so glad for her and her family that the kidnapper had a change of heart. being taken from her family for so many hours would be trumatic enough for a little 4 yr old. Bless her little heart.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 05-14-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: not information or family support

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:

http://www.themonitor.com/news/girl-...idnapping.html

May 14, 2009 - 8:42 AM

Police name carnival worker as girl's kidnapper

Christian Elijalee McMillan, a 23-year-old California carnival worker who was living in Mercedes was arrested late Wednesday night after police found little Lesley Estefania Perez, more than 24 hours after she was taken...

...McMillan did not know the girl or her family before taking the little girl, Hidalgo police said at a press conference this morning...

...Police found McMillan and Lesley at a rented farm in Mercedes...

...McMillan had a history as a sexual predator, police said and had cased the neighborhood for three days before grabbing the little girl, who is now back with her family.
    Lesley spoke to reporters herself this morning, you can see a picture of her at the link above. She looks well and I am very relieved. I have to go tell my Husband because he was worried to death about her last night.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

elle1919 is offline Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter!!
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Thank god for this good news and for allowing this child to be found ALIVE. What a beautiful word.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Bobbi,

They found them on a rented farm. He still had her when he was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Thank God!!!

According to http://www.themonitor.com/articles/h...ped-alert.html authorities are holding an 8:30am press conference to release more details.

THANK GOD FOR HAPPY ENDING.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    Thank God and His Goodness!
    Here's the suspect:
    from this link: http://www.themonitor.com/sections/a...5&db=monitortx

The video of Lesley speaking with reporters is just precious!! (Thanks Kat for the link) She is a very bright and articulate 4 year old!
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Praise the Lord for answered prayers for a happy ending!

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

Thank God! I couldn't bear another one! How relieved her family must be to have their precious angel back.

~One Angry Mother~

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Bobbi,

They found them on a rented farm. He still had her when he was arrested.
    Thanks for that info. I sure hope he didn't get the chance to hurt this little girl. I'm so glad she was found. Miracles do happen every now and then.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I hope not too, Bobbi. He is a known sexual predator and had her with him for many hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast