1143 users online (234 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DCF Worker States: Casey referred to Caylee as "that child"

http://www.wftv.com/news/19453077/detail.html

Wonder if this is the same interview where KC was saying she found a new career calling... she wanted to help search for missing children? Remember that?
    Last edited by Patty G; 05-14-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: updated title

I don't understand the outrage over that term, I've used it myself so I'm not really sure what to make of that.

I think the conversations and what KC told DFC is more telling somehow and her calm demeanor.

I wanted to go back and read over the documents again. They mention that Casey spoke of Caylee as "that child" during one of the jail interviews with DCF. I had forgotten much of this stuff, the girl has some nerve is all I can say. Here's a link to the DCF summary of their visits with Casey.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media...1/43228283.PDF

I usually call my children by name or refer to them as my kids. Never called them "my kid" or that child or snot head. I call my son Buddy.

This from the DCF report...

PI and Dawn M. arrived at the Orage County Jail, Orlando, FL to interview A/P Casey A. The purpose of the meeting was twofold, first to advise her of recent supplemental report and to tell her how DCF was closing the case. PI read the supplemental allegation to her and she denied the allegation stating it sounds as it is something the OCSO would report. PI STD we do not reveal reporter information. She contests that OCSO has spent more time trying trying to find her guilty of this type of incident without any evidence instead of searching for C/V Caylee.

She makes me sick, the nerve she has to complain about what OCSO has done in the search for Caylee...she did nothing to find or help her daughter, she killed her !

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/19453077/detail.html

Wonder if this is the same interview where KC was saying she found a new career calling... she wanted to help search for missing children? Remember that?
    You are correct!!! See page 7 - "She stated she has enjoyed working with all the agencies and volunteers looking for her child and that is going to be her new vocation in life."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

(link courtesy of Searchfortruth - Thanks!!)

Quote Originally Posted by s1rebecca View Post
    I usually call my children by name or refer to them as my kids. Never called them "my kid" or that child or snot head. I call my son Buddy.

i'm not sure those terms really mean much. i've never said 'the kid', it's always been plural - but i have said, 'are you driving the kids back tonight or staying down there?' i don't see that as meaning anything at all. i can imagine myself saying, 'i would do anything for that child' and again, i don't see how that could be demeaning. all my little nicknames for them were always obviously 'cutsie' although i knew people who refered to their children in not so glowing terms, but i always found that it had been an 'in' joke that i just hadn't been in on and once i understood where the name came from i could see the affection behind it.
    i know there wasn't any affection behind anything that casey did or said, but i don't think you can judge anyone on terms in such common and benign use w/o vilifying half the forum.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

I must have missed this part before...in the DCF visit at the jail, Casey says the family of the father of Caylee is in ITALY ! Then during the DCF interview at the home, Casey tells them the father is named Eric, she would not give the last name because of the "privacy of his family". She then said she and "Eric" met in Middle School and when he moved to Ky w/ his family they kept in touch. They later "hooked up" and Caylee was born (this must have been the story she spun for her parents benefit too). Casey tells DCF that Eric was killed in a car accident (she doesn't mention that he was on his way to Caylee's birthday at the time) and is buried in KY. She said the OCSO has ALL of this information ! Now here is where it gets good, Casey said Eric didn't support Caylee through "normal means", but did set up a trust fund in her name that he was contributing to prior to his death...I wonder if Cindy and George knew about this miraculous trust fund ?

Quote Originally Posted by eddeva View Post
    i'm not sure those terms really mean much. i've never said 'the kid', it's always been plural - but i have said, 'are you driving the kids back tonight or staying down there?' i don't see that as meaning anything at all. i can imagine myself saying, 'i would do anything for that child' and again, i don't see how that could be demeaning. all my little nicknames for them were always obviously 'cutsie' although i knew people who refered to their children in not so glowing terms, but i always found that it had been an 'in' joke that i just hadn't been in on and once i understood where the name came from i could see the affection behind it.
    i know there wasn't any affection behind anything that casey did or said, but i don't think you can judge anyone on terms in such common and benign use w/o villifying half the forum.

Great observation! While I believe that the PI and Dawn were probably surprised by Casey's use of the phrase "that child" and the sense of detachment emanating from Casey, it really is hard to grasp the context in which the phrase was used. I would love to read a sample or example of how she used the phrase. IMO as usual...

I seem to remember GA and LA and CA using that or similar terms when referring to Caylee - "that child", "that little girl", etc.

---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

I was also wondering about that trust fund, I assume another of KCs dellusions the nanny, the trust fund and on an on. Oh and convieniently the family moved to italy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by s1rebecca View Post
    I was also wondering about that trust fund, I assume another of KCs dellusions the nanny, the trust fund and on an on. Oh and convieniently the family moved to italy as well.
    And wasn't Cindy sitting there with them during this interview? I wonder if she had ever heard this before. I don't recall her mentioning a trust fund or Italy to anybody and I think she said the father's family moved to North Carolina, not Kentucky. If she was there listening to this drivel, I wonder why she didn't speak up? Nevermind, I know, protect KC no matter what she says, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    And wasn't Cindy sitting there with them during this interview? I wonder if she had ever heard this before. I don't recall her mentioning a trust fund or Italy to anybody and I think she said the father's family moved to North Carolina, not Kentucky. If she was there listening to this drivel, I wonder why she didn't speak up? Nevermind, I know, protect KC no matter what she says, no matter what.
    Yes, Cindy was sitting right there...I can see her eyes popping wide open when her penniless daughter brings up this "trust fund" to the DCF investigators !

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    I must have missed this part before...in the DCF visit at the jail, Casey says the family of the father of Caylee is in ITALY ! Then during the DCF interview at the home, Casey tells them the father is named Eric, she would not give the last name because of the "privacy of his family". She then said she and "Eric" met in Middle School and when he moved to Ky w/ his family they kept in touch. They later "hooked up" and Caylee was born (this must have been the story she spun for her parents benefit too). Casey tells DCF that Eric was killed in a car accident (she doesn't mention that he was on his way to Caylee's birthday at the time) and is buried in KY. She said the OCSO has ALL of this information ! Now here is where it gets good, Casey said Eric didn't support Caylee through "normal means", but did set up a trust fund in her name that he was contributing to prior to his death...I wonder if Cindy and George knew about this miraculous trust fund ?
    Italy?! What? I must have missed that one too...sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    CA was taking all that down so they could get the Script "just right". I bet she has all these "mis-truths" in catagories and builds the Script from them. I would like to see all the lies she has organized. Cover up!

LMAO--but like you said--->"Nevermind, I know, protect KC no matter what she says, no matter what". Sad but true.
    GA: "...I mean Im not a stupid guy...
    Det. Hussey: I think youre, I think youre a guy that knows a lot about a lot of things, George.
    (LE interview 8-4-08)

"THE MAN OF THE HOUR"
    4/2/09 Jose B.
    "I'm Sorry??? What Law School did you go to Kathy???"

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast