GUILTY NE - Josie Bluhm, 4, killed by driver with revoked license, Omaha, 12 May 2009

Snick1946

Reaction score
I think the article speaks for itself:

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/44779332.html

I have heard that this guy is receiving death threats- he's probably safer in jail now. This has ignited a lot of anger here in Omaha about why the courts aren't tougher on DUI and drivers with revoked licenses. The guy's brother loaned him the car knowing he ought not be driving, his sister in law was on a local news channel last night saying the family is 'just sick' about what happened. No kidding. Very sad.

that article and the eye witness descriptions are just heartbreaking.. I just cant understand loaning a car to someone with multiple DUI convictions.. My heart and prayers go out to this family and their friends for their loss. i hope they are able to mend in both body and spirit.

I hope they throw the whole library of books at this guy! I wish they would charge the guy who gave this horrible excuse for a man a car also. My prayers to the family of the child.

:furious:
I understand that there aren't enough resources to make SURE someone doesn't drive, but there has to be a better way. The breathalyzers installed in cars so that the car won't start until the driver blows are a start, but even then someone can just take another car...
Another innocent life ended far too soon at the hands of an irresponsible adult. So sad. :(

From the article, it does not sound like alcohol was involved and was caused by him running a red light. In the comment section there are many comments about how bad of a problem it has become there with people running red lights.
The little girl was in a booster seat and ejected from the van, how horrible for her family, you think you have everyone safe. Another child has numerous broken bones. I guess we should focus on it being a blessing the baby was not killed also but my heart breaks for that little girl.

I don't understand how someone running a red light and kills someone could be a misdomeaner.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back