Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Continue here.

Thread One:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83880"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thread Two:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84162"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So I've been away painting....anything new this afternoon?

Thanks SuziQ,

Now I would like to thank those who have the perp in custody, although that hasn't happened yet.

W

Mr TT - I think that you posted a good question at the end of the last thread (but I don't know how to bump it)

I don't think we have heard whether MCS took DNA sample from TL. I think they would have had a hard time getting a court order to do it in FL - so probably only if she was willing to give one. My neice said that no one she's talked to even knew that they were here. The case hasn't received any publicity here and I'm kind of glad for Sheri's father's sake.

Welcome to WS, Waterlooinspector~ We like having people toss in their two cents because it adds up. ;)

LE (Law Enforcement) and the MCS (Major Case Squad) have repeatedly announced this is an isolated incident and this family was targeted. They also have confirmed they know the person responsible. They were ready for an arrest when they handed the case to the SA's (State Attorney's) Office. MCS (disbanded today) handed the case back to the local LE agency and they will now be in charge of watching him. He isn't going anywhere, imo.

If there was any cause for the public to be concerned with their safety, it is their responsibility to inform and protect them. Since they have constantly reassured the public it is not the case, I would believe them. They have the evidence to back up their case and are not going to jeopardize anyone else.

LE has not given any indication the reports of the woman being a girlfriend are inaccurate as they have done with other things such as the writing on the wall/walls. I would think they would dispell this as a rumor if it were not true. The woman is a friend of Sheri and Chris. A reporter stated emphatically they talked to people close to her as did LE and they are certain the woman was romantically involved with Chris. Other reports about the affair are coming out, too. Rumor has it that she is scheduled to testify in a Grand Jury review in this case.

I am new here, but live In Waterloo, IL, which is the county seat of Monroe County. It is between Columbia and Chester. The peace of our neighborhood has been shattered because of gruesome act. After reading all reports all known evidence strongly points to CC. The fact that an alleged child killer roams free just sends chills down my spine. I realize that LE must get their facts straight, but it does not elicit calm in our locale.

One thing i need help with...and I have tried to read the posts here and in the local papers. LE has stated that they questioned the friend of Sheri's in FL. If I am reading their report right, they have not alleged that she was having an affair with CC. Could it be that she was a close friend of both CC and Sheri who kept in close phone contact with both? Could she know something totally isolated that would help in their investigation in a direction that we are not considering. If CC was going to fool around, why not pick someone closer. After typing this, I just realized maybe there were others locally...sigh...

Maybe the doubters (Analitical for one) can help me here. Again, I agree that what we know is pointing to CC right now...but the thought of a Christian father strangling his defenseless young sons just has kept me doubting this horrible scenariio....and yes I know, It has been done before.

Thanks for letting me share my two cents.

On stl comments some one posted since Sheri's name isn't on the house her family has no rights to it or its contents they heard that on fox 2.

So I've been away painting....anything new this afternoon?
There is a rumor a knife was used on Sheri (which makes sense to me with the searches they did). Another rumor is that Fl mistress will testify in front of a GJ review. :waitasec:

Outside of that, can't think of a thing new really besides my dog finally got a bath and he smells great. :)

On stl comments some one posted since Sheri's name isn't on the house her family has no rights to it or its contents they heard that on fox 2.

I said the same thing within the first day or two of us finding out that her name had been removed from the deed (see [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3707384#post3707384"]Police: 3 Found Dead in Illinois Home - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]). Chris probably terrorized her into taking her name off.

Reminds me of the Drew Peterson/Kathleen Savio saga.

You guys are good :) but, I'm never going to be able to catch up!!
Does TL have a MS pg.? I couldn't find one for her.
tia

I am not an attorney, but I think this is true unless they can find she signed her name under duress or her name was forged. It sounds like she signed her rights away in front of a Notary tho. Her name was reportedly not listed on either automobile.

Chris made out like a bandit, imo. At least he will have the funds for a legal defense and cannot claim he is an indigent for awhile.

You guys are good :) but, I'm never going to be able to catch up!!
Does TL have a MS pg.? I couldn't find one for her.
tia
It was taken down, but we should have an old copy somewhere around here. ;) It was private and all I saw was her photo.

I am not an attorney, but I think this is true unless they can find she signed her name under duress or her name was forged. It sounds like she signed her rights away in front of a Notary tho. Her name was reportedly not listed on either automobile.

Chris made out like a bandit, imo. At least he will have the funds for a legal defense and cannot claim he is an indigent for awhile.

The ex neighbor Who I posted about His house was bought and paid for no mortgage he sent his wife on a beautiful vacation...............Months later she found out he had some one else go with him and take out a 400k mortgage.His GF played the wife role.

all you need is a license with a picture of the GF on it.The hubby would know wifes SS #.

Welcome to WS, Waterlooinspector~ We like having people toss in their two cents because it adds up. ;)

LE (Law Enforcement) and the MCS (Major Case Squad) have repeatedly announced this is an isolated incident and this family was targeted. They also have confirmed they know the person responsible. They were ready for an arrest when they handed the case to the SA's (State Attorney's) Office. They handed the case back to the local LE agency and they will now be in charge of watching him. He isn't going anywhere, imo.

If there was any cause for the public to be concerned with their safety, it is their responsibility to inform and protect them. Since they have constantly reassured the public it is not the case, I would believe them. They have the evidence to back up their case and are not going to jeopardize anyone else.

LE has not given any indication the reports of the woman being a girlfriend are inaccurate as they have done with other things such as the writing on the wall/walls. I would think they would dispell this as a rumor if it were not true. The woman is a friend of Sheri and Chris. A reporter stated emphatically they talked to people close to her as did LE and they are certain the woman was romantically involved with Chris. Other reports about the affair are coming out, too. Rumor has it that she is scheduled to testify in a Grand Jury review in this case.

Thank you for replying to my post...

It seems like LE and the MCS has kept us in the dark with much of the facts, and perhaps justifiably so. But without the alleged affair with the friend in FL we are left without a motive by CC.

Again...thinking outside the box here...having a relationship with someone 1000 miles away....especially a man with little finacial means to entertain those fantasies (and yes, I know, both the Colemans traveled on JMM dime many times)....it just seems so far fetched...and to end everything in the most alleged methodical and brutal way possible. What kind of solution to his problem is that? I guess there is so much that we do not know yet.

Again my two....sorry, it's up to four cents now....

:+:MrTT:+:

Does anyone know.....If they took any DNA samples, from the woman in Florida.........i ask, because.......and its just an assumption, that a man is more then likely to have committed this crime........but, there are some women, whom are capable of doing a crime such as this, it would not be the fist time..............If i knew for sure, that no DNA was taken by this woman, then i would discount this theory quickly, and delet this posting.........................thankyou.
No one has mentioned DNA samples being taken from XXXXX, but it sounds like perhaps she is cooperating with LE so it would not surprise me to find she willingly gave them anything they wanted from her. If she testifies in front of a GJ, it will be interesting to learn if Chris made any comments or actions in reference to the murders of his wife and children. She could be a very key player in this case.

Thank you for replying to my post...

It seems like LE and the MCS has kept us in the dark with much of the facts, and perhaps justifiably so. But without the alleged affair with the friend in FL we are left without a motive by CC.

Again...thinking outside the box here...having a relationship with someone 1000 miles away....especially a man with little finacial means to entertain those fantasies (and yes, I know, both the Colemans traveled on JMM dime many times)....it just seems so far fetched...and to end everything in the most alleged methodical and brutal way possible. What kind of solution to his problem is that? I guess there is so much that we do not know yet.

Again my two....sorry, it's up to four cents now....
Here...let me toss in a few more pennies for you! :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

I don't know if it is true, but supposedly JMM's Security Chief would bring in 100k a year. I would think it is definitely possible to have a mistress fly here and there to meet up with him on such a salary. (If Chris and Sheri were having money problems...it could be part of the reason.) JMM spent most of Feb. in Florida which would have made it convenient for this affair. It has also been reported he used his former residence to meet up with her in IL (or was it another house belonging to JMM in FL?).

Motives are plenty in this case. Mistress, money (financial benefit), and ego are the top three, in my opinion (imo). It is rumored they were already separated and divorce is another huge motive for men to kill. Rage, jealousy, and control could enter into this scenario, too. The thing is...they do not need a motive in a murder trial.

We know plenty about this case which points to Chris Coleman being the perp, imo. I made a list on the other thread and can copy it if you want to see it.

It was taken down, but we should have an old copy somewhere around here. ;) It was private and all I saw was her photo. (We now call her Motive for a code name so you aren't confused! LOL)

LOL@ Motive! Thanks SS for the info. :blowkiss:

MOO: The husband killed the family a la Mark Hacking, while they slept. The family was dead before he ever left the house that morning. Motive: $, girlfriends, bachelorhood and the hook of being a grieving widower. The months of threats and staging of the scene were also created by the husband. first degree murder will be charged, DP will be on the table.

He isnt going anywhere and I believe LE is merely making sure of their case, so there will be no doubts. again, moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni